Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Schedule Drops at Noon EST, July 2, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Does anyone know the roster limits for the Global series?

I believe it's expanded because they are in Europe.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Its like they don't even try or care.

50th anniversary of the '75 team. The 25th anniversary of the '99 team has just past.

The Sabres Hall of Fame is all but dead. There hasn't been anyone inducted in over a decade other than Ryan Miller's silly number retirement.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The Sabres Hall of Fame is all but dead. There hasn't been anyone inducted in over a decade other than Ryan Miller's silly number retirement.

Who deserves election that isn't already there? I get the sentiment......but I really don't see anyone who has a super compelling case.

Lindy's likely the next guy.........but he needs to retire first. Pominville is really the only one to have any sort of case at all.

Reactions: Ehran

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Who deserves election that isn't already there? I get the sentiment......but I really don't see anyone who has a super compelling case.

Lindy's likely the next guy.........but he needs to retire first. Pominville is really the only one to have any sort of case at all.

The Sabres hall of fame isn't as stringent as a jersey retirement. You can have a pretty wide-net.

*Miller should have been here, not in the rafters
Rob Ray
Vanek
Pominville
Zhitnik
Smehlik
Satan
Briere
Darcy
Golisano
Peca
Babcock (equipment guy)
Lorenz (combined for his playing career and being the Color commentator)
Biron
Barnaby (I know borderline, but he was a firecracker). I do work in Philly a lot, and to this day, I speak to people there, hockey comes up, I say Im a Sabres fan... there is almost always a pause, and they say "Matthew Barnaby".

Teams also have nights to honor players who have already been elected to their halls of fame and/or had jerseys retired. I was at a random Flyers game years ago and it was Barry Ashbee night and it was terrific.

Reactions: sabremike

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No real issues on the theme nights, I'd love for them to do what Minnesota does here with a hockey day in Minnesota where high school, college and pro teams play on the same day and it's celebrated, i.e a Western New York hockey day, high school teams, college, AHL and NHL teams all play on the same day from morning to night

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I don't think you understand the concept of a team hall of fame: It's a way of honoring noteworthy players/staff who aren't getting into the HHOF or having their # retired.
EG:

Only 5 members are in the HOF.

Reactions: May Day 10

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
National games were announced today.

ESPN: The Walt Disney Company Announces 100 Exclusive National Hockey League Games Across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN+, ABC and Hulu Beginning October 8
TNT: NHL on TNT Reveals Blockbuster 62-Game Schedule for 2024-25 NHL Season, Starting Wednesday, Oct. 9

National Sabres games (subject to change):

10/16 at Pittsburgh, TNT
11/14 vs. St. Louis, ESPN+
12/11 vs. Rangers, TNT
12/20 vs. Toronto, ESPN+
12/27 vs. Chicago, ESPN2
1/15 vs. Carolina, TNT
3/6 at Tampa Bay, ESPN
3/10 vs. Edmonton, ESPN+
3/12 at Detroit, TNT

Reactions: Dingo44

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I don't think you understand the concept of a team hall of fame: It's a way of honoring noteworthy players/staff who aren't getting into the HHOF or having their # retired.
EG:

Only 5 members are in the HOF.

Yes, it is a great vehicle to honor the past and provide a great dose of fan service and nostalgia (and creating stronger bonds with alumni).

I have always said, if I were owner, and could wave a magic wand, I would have only 2 numbers retired: 11 and 39 (RJ, Knoxes too). I would have a ring of honor/wall, either at the front of the 300 level or the giant blue blank wall in the back that honors the best players who should not have #s retired. A level between the Sabres HOF and jersey retirement.
Then you have your robust team hall of fame, with a catch-all of the rest, noteworthy players and staff. There should be a physical team hall of fame on the premises somewhere, accessible to fans.

It all seems to be ignored/forgotten about now. I read an article a few years back and the Sabres hall of fame committee basically ended and they stopped getting contacted the day Swados passed away in 2012 (and thats when they stopped inducting people). We have only had the 2 jersey retirements since then. Hasek, which is a no-brainer, and Miller (who IMO should be nowhere near jersey retirement-level)

I don't think Pegula cares about any of that.

Strexvale

Mar 8, 2007
East Aurora, NY

Clearly Buffalo needed more of a handicap this season.

No idea if bluesky actually works on here so if it doesn’t it basically shows that the Sabres play a rested team while tired 8 times and get to play a tired opponent while rested once.

Every other team gets at least 4 tired opponents while rested games with most being in the 7-10 game sphere. Sabres get the shaft here (as usual)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad