Proposal: Buffalo-Colorado - Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I mean. A 5th and a below replacement plug doesn’t even seem worth doing. So no.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo:
Stefan Matteau
5th 2022

Colorado:
Cody Eakin
Craig Anderson

*When healthy

why?

Eakin at 50% at the deadline alone gets a 3rdfromma playoff team wanting vet depth.

Anderson if he can come back and show he is fine he probably gets a 3rd or late 2nd by a desperate team wanting goalie depth

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo:
Stefan Matteau
5th 2022

Colorado:
Cody Eakin
Craig Anderson

*When healthy

Weirdly, I was playing around with a COL 6th in 2022 for Eakin this morning, without seeing this post.

Anderson would depend on our goalie situation at the time (we can't go back to Dell, no matter where we are in the standings).

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Buffalo:
Stefan Matteau
5th 2022

Colorado:
Cody Eakin
Craig Anderson

*When healthy
If Colorado want to add a goalie at the trade deadline they will have a lot a goalies that can be moved.
Forsberg from OTT
Allen from MTL
Korpisalo CLB (if Clb are out of playoff)
Griess DET
Fleury CHI
And all other goalies in his last contract year
For me anderson is not an option because Colorado can add a better goalie than Anderson.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anderson is not going back to Colorado.

Anderson might not being going back into the crease again. The lack of information on his injury hints at another concussion and at his age? It seems like that would be it for him.

As for Eakin... probably just mid-round pick, no need for Matteau's contract taking up space (not cap space but the count against the 50 contract limit).

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Anderson might not being going back into the crease again. The lack of information on his injury hints at another concussion and at his age? It seems like that would be it for him.

As for Eakin... probably just mid-round pick, no need for Matteau's contract taking up space (not cap space but the count against the 50 contract limit).
Yeah, that's unfortunate for him.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think Eakin is a good target for the Avs. At full cap I think it’s fair value, but Buffalo has no reason not to retain on Eakin which should bump the value to at least a 4th.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This is a total Sakic trade at the deadline. He spends a very late round pick to acquire a washed up vet or NHL/AHL level nobody.

all this Price and Drouin nonsense is just that. It’s the very minor, do nothing trades that Sakic executes at the trade deadline.

this is just another Dubs and Sodaberg two for one.
I’m a hard pass. For both teams. Sakic needs to sit this deadline out. He’s a great GM overall but his tinkering deadline work is consistently lousy.

Sakic’s ability to turn three late round 2 picks into Bura and Toews. Now that was some kickass GM work. Toews should be up for the Norris. Bura going to score at a +25 goal clip again. That’s good value for a few ~60th OA picks.

Last edited:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
This is a total Sakic trade at the deadline. He spends a very late round pick to acquire a washed up vet or NHL/AHL level nobody.

all this Price and Drouin nonsense is just that. It’s the very minor, do nothing trades that Sakic executes at the trade deadline.

this is just another Dubs and Sodaberg two for one.
I’m a hard pass. For both teams. Sakic needs to sit this deadline out. He’s a great GM overall but his tinkering deadline work is consistently lousy.

Sakic’s ability to turn three late round 2 picks into Bura and Toews. Now that was some kickass GM work. Toews should be up for the Norris. Bura going to score at a +25 goal clip again. That’s good value for a few ~60th OA picks.

In Sakic's defense, the big deadline moves are generally expensive and very rarely work, so I don't really have a major issue with him going after small tweaks instead of a big name guy. If everyone is healthy at the TDL, what do we really need? Maybe a couple more depth forwards and a 3rd string goalie?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rather retain 50% and get a 3rd for Eakin at the deadline. He's not some crazy good depth guy but he's gonna win you some key faceoffs when you need them in the playoffs

Cody Eakin Faceoffs Stats NHL Stats | FOX Sports

Eh, I don't even know if retaining on Eakin gets that pick up to a 3rd. He's Torey Mitchell right now - a guy with a useful skill (faceoffs) and holes in his game (everything but the mullet) for additional depth as a 12/13/14/15 forward for a playoff run. That's not usually a 3rd but a 5th.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Eh, I don't even know if retaining on Eakin gets that pick up to a 3rd. He's Torey Mitchell right now - a guy with a useful skill (faceoffs) and holes in his game (everything but the mullet) for additional depth as a 12/13/14/15 forward for a playoff run. That's not usually a 3rd but a 5th.

You're completely right. And I'd be fine with him gone at that point in the season for whatever we can get regardless. Clear a roster spot and 50 man roster spot for our younger guys ready for a cup of coffee. a 5th with zero retention is fine.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You're completely right. And I'd be fine with him gone at that point in the season for whatever we can get regardless. Clear a roster spot and 50 man roster spot for our younger guys ready for a cup of coffee. a 5th with zero retention is fine.

I'm hoping for his sake that they can find some team that thinks it is getting something in that deal and for the team's sake that they're able to find some new homes for their collection of misfit toys on expiring contracts that would give them a few more lottery tickets come this year's or next year's draft.

Reactions: DJN21

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
In Sakic's defense, the big deadline moves are generally expensive and very rarely work, so I don't really have a major issue with him going after small tweaks instead of a big name guy. If everyone is healthy at the TDL, what do we really need? Maybe a couple more depth forwards and a 3rd string goalie?
Sakic needs to learn to sit out the trade deadline instead of wasting assets, even modest ones, on scrubs like Nemeth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad