Proposal: Buffalo-Calgary

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Kind of doubt Backlund would waive for Buffalo at the moment or that Calgary would trade their captain so soon. Feel free to take Rooney though.

As has been said, the only way Andersson is traded is if he's asks for a trade. Conroy has been very clear that for better or worse, he's not doing a full tear down rebuild. And thus far, he's only moved players that either requested trades or wouldn't re-sign.

But if Andersson did ask for a trade, then I dunno, maybe something like 11th + Kulich/Ostlund + Ryan Johnson

Flames need potential impact forwards and more help on left defence then they need a right defense replacement. But regardless, I don't see the Flames trading Andersson anytime soon.

Mangiapane could probably be had for like a 3rd round pick or equivalent prospect. Wingers just don't carry that much trade value and the Flames need to free up a spot for the likes of Coronato and Pelletier anyway.

Reactions: LynnLoins

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Backlund? Why him?

The 2 guys on Calgary I'm most interested in would be Mangiapane and Coleman. And personally I'd be willing to pay nicely for one....or both
Because he's a tested 3c that allows us to slot Krebs at 4c (not my preference but it seems to be the direction we are headed and Backlund at 3c is better than Krebs at 3c)

Coleman would be great i didnt mention him because he wasn't in the initial proposal.

Mangi is about 97th on my list of guys id wanna add this off-season. He is streaky,, overpaid, offers nothing in the way of being tougher to play against. Id take him for a 6th after I figures out the bottom 6 I guess. Hes not a need in anyway shape or form.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Mangi is about 97th on my list of guys id wanna add this off-season. He is streaky,, overpaid, offers nothing in the way of being tougher to play against. Id take him for a 6th after I figures out the bottom 6 I guess. Hes not a need in anyway shape or form.
Mangiapane has some grit to his game. Certainly more grit than any of our current top 6.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Mangiapane has some grit to his game. Certainly more grit than any of our current top 6.
Thats the problem...our top 6 besides cozens is soft. Hence my advocating for adds like Crouse or Brady and not an overpaid meh player like mangiapane. We have a gunshot wound and you are offering a bandaid.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Thats the problem...our top 6 besides cozens is soft. Hence my advocating for adds like Crouse or Brady and not an overpaid meh player like mangiapane. We have a gunshot wound and you are offering a bandaid.
If this is the level we are lowering ourselves to to add toughness to the top 6 then id rather just overpay for TK...at least you know what you're getting.

Crouse or Brady likely aren't available. Take what you can get.
Sounds like a winning approach... Instead of overpaying for a sure thing we settle...

Thats buffalo sabres hockey for ya

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Backlund won’t be traded..

I do think Andersson makes a lot of sense for Buffalo. He just gives him that veteran swagger, two way play that they lack at this point.

Mangiapane + Andersson

for

Jokiharu + 11th/Ostlund/Kulich

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
To Buffalo:

Rasmus Andersson
Mikael Backlund

To Calgary:

11th Overall
Henri Jokiharju
Not even enough for Andersson. You're targeting 2 of the 3 players from Calgary that would be good fits there though. So I'm guessing you understand the value and are just trying to underpay. Coleman would also be a good fit there.

Seems a little steep. Rosen has progressed awfully well. Rosen for Mangiapane straight up?
I'd do that in a second. I don't think Mangiapane has any value unless we retain or wait for the TDL.

Reactions: DJN21

Ledge And Dairy

Backlund won’t be traded..

I do think Andersson makes a lot of sense for Buffalo. He just gives him that veteran swagger, two way play that they lack at this point.

Mangiapane + Andersson

for

Jokiharu + 11th/Ostlund/Kulich
This post made no sense? First off Andersson is an offensive defenseman, his defensive game is fine but I would hardly call his 2-way play strong.

As for the trade, I wouldn't accept that for just Andersson, including Mangiapane makes it very lopsided

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad