Proposal: Buffalo - Boston

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Unfamiliar with Seth Griffith

Doesn't matter.

Done deal.

Currysux*

Franson has always played well in a contract year. The Sabres should just keep him.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I really don't like Franson as a player. At least not above the players the Bruins already have. They need some guys with speed in my opinion.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Franson to anyone for anything. Deal.

Hate in Buffalo for this guy is absurd. He's a solid guy for third pairing at an okay price. Got banged up last year. Nobody is going to tell me he can't play decent minutes on third pairing in the NHL.

Maybe he can't comeback from his injuries but when he was healthy he was easily a five or six d man.

Orvald

Feb 24, 2015
Belgium
The reason I don't want Franson any more is that our 3rd pairing might be Gorges - Franson. And I really don't want to pair these two together, I might be wrong but anything with a bit of speed will fly by them.

Rather see a Gorges - Nelson bottom pairing.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'd take Franson back on the Leafs easily.

I'd send Franson to the Leafs easily. The more bad hockey players on that team, the better.

I'd be cautious about moving him now, Nelson probably needs some time to get used to pro schedule. I'm confident in his ability, but not sold on his endurance/consistency.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I'd send Franson to the Leafs easily. The more bad hockey players on that team, the better.

I'd be cautious about moving him now, Nelson probably needs some time to get used to pro schedule. I'm confident in his ability, but not sold on his endurance/consistency.

I watched Franson every night in Toronto for years, and attempted to learn why the eye test gives him a bad name.

Fans watch him casually, which is the biggest problem with judging players. Guaranteed majority of fans who watch games don't appreciate small perfect plays at all. They like everything big. Whether it be a mistake or play. Franson makes perfect plays majority of the time but gets judged for his few but large mistakes.

I'd gladly take him back because he makes our team better by a lot.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The fanbase that gushed over Sam Reinhart all year can't appreciate small perfect plays huh.

Or maybe Franson is just not a very good hockey player?

edit: not to mention the worship that Mark Pysyk got from us, THAT's a guy that makes the small perfect plays

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
To Buffalo:
Seth Griffith

For

To Boston:
Cody Franson

prefer to keep the cap space and go wit miller/macquaid/miller for our 3 right hand shot dmen to start season

i am confident cody franson will be available at deadline if we still need a rhs dman for our pp at that time.

meanwhile id be more intersted giving james wisniewski a try at half the cap hit if we really want 4 rhs dmen on the team

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He takes up 4.5% of our cap, that's not crazy for what he brings -- when healthy -- plus he can play on PP.

I'm so tired of this rhetoruc. He did absolutely nothing to noticeably improve our pp last year. We are better served icing risto and bogo and running an extra forward at the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad