Buffalo Bills 2014 Draft: Rd1#4 WR Sammy Watkins; Rd2#44 C. Kouandjio; Stevie traded

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Spikes loved NE until he got 'suspended'

He can say whatever, but it's embarrassing to me. We're the Bills. We suck. Other fans are just laughing at people who talk like him (and they start coming out about this time every year whining about how we're not nationally relevant, etc...)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Awesome, hope that's true

League thinking they might end up being decent, eh?

Thats not all folks:

Jack Goods ‏@GoodsOnSabres
Fox Sports Wis. is reporting that the Bills and Packers will play each other on Monday Night Football this year. Will be interesting here.

Traditionally they will do MNF game be the underdog upstart team at home against a high profile opponent. They did New England @ Carolina last year following the similar logic.

The league realizes the team played well last year and is an up and coming team who probably would have had a better record and maybe even contended for the playoffs if the QB injuries didnt happen.

As for @ DETroit on THXGV

I believed they would be this year because it would be either Miami or buffalo. Since miami was doing London, figured Buffalo would do thxgvg. Adding to that was Buffalo hiring the former Lion coach as DC + Ralph wilson death factored into this as well.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The Bills Thursday game being on Thanksgiving makes the most sense for the league and TV partners. When you look at the rest of their schedule it's tough to find a game that gives a national audience incentive to tune in. The Thanksgiving afternoon games have become part of the holiday and (I'm guessing) the ratings only see minimal movement regardless of the teams competing.

Our opponent with the largest national following would be the Packers which is rumoured to be played on a Monday night so that leaves slim pickings for the Thursday game outside of potentially the Lions on Thanksgiving.

The Bills don't have to win those games but hopefully they are at least exciting to watch so that the networks won't be afraid of having them play in primetime during the 2015 season.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Spikes loved NE until he got 'suspended'

He can say whatever, but it's embarrassing to me. We're the Bills. We suck. Other fans are just laughing at people who talk like him (and they start coming out about this time every year whining about how we're not nationally relevant, etc...)
Problem with your we suck theory is that a lot of players have hated on New England after leaving. So your point is moot.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sucks that Upstate NY will be a punching bag nationally twice this fall on Thanksgiving and Monday Night. Not like we don't get ripped on enough nationally.

I thought they couldn't have Monday Night games anymore and haven't since the early 90's because they didn't like hosting games on Monday Night?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Spikes is a goober. Theres 4 for sure losses in the schedule and atleast 3 of them are blowouts(NE 2x, DET and GB)

In what possible world are the Lions, who had a losing record last year and canned their coach, a sure thing to beat the Bills, but not the Broncos?

And Buffalo's hosted Monday Night Football games in 2007 and 2008 against Dallas and Cleveland

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
In what possible world are the Lions, who had a losing record last year and canned their coach, a sure thing to beat the Bills, but not the Broncos?

Forgot about that game on the schedule. But Manning may not play great against a Defense like that. Denver doesn't have a great line and their defense while improved is beatable. Think it could be close.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Ask anyone in Detroit, and the Lions aren't a sure bet to beat anyone. They're probably looking at the Bills game and thinking "that'll end up a loss" or something. :laugh:

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Niagara Falls possible home for Bills

927d5dcf190efb0e500f6a7067008d61.jpg

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Don't rule out Niagara Falls as a potential future home of the Buffalo Bills. Several officials told The Associated Press that a newly formed Bills stadium task force of public and private leaders seeking to bolster the team's long-term viability is considering sites that would put it closer to the team's burgeoning Ontario fan base. "We're looking at Niagara County," Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy told the AP this week. "We're open to looking at a number of venues."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...iagara-falls-possible-home-for-bills/7551633/

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
And we're at the point where radio callers mention the 1000 large empty parking lots where da new stadium can be dere ya no

Ugh

Sure, let Niagara County shell out the cash
Indeedy. Better yet, Fort Erie, here ya go. Remove the state theft also.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Sucks that Upstate NY will be a punching bag nationally twice this fall on Thanksgiving and Monday Night. Not like we don't get ripped on enough nationally.

I thought they couldn't have Monday Night games anymore and haven't since the early 90's because they didn't like hosting games on Monday Night?

Packers will be down this year... right now about 1/2 their roster are 2nd year or less players. That includes 1st Round Pick Datone "Maybin" Jones who barely had more tackles than Mason Crosby had his rookie year.

They're a preseason collarbone away from a 2-14 year.

They also haven't beaten a non-division team that finished over 500 in a long time. Hopefully the Bills finish over 500.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Except Denver and at New England

Don't necessarily agree. I think they lose at Denver but closer than most think. Manning hates playing teams that can get to him, just the secondary isn't good enough to make it work to win. NE maybe...they will get blown out once but the Bills tend to play good at NE for whatever reason.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Packers will be down this year... right now about 1/2 their roster are 2nd year or less players. That includes 1st Round Pick Datone "Maybin" Jones who barely had more tackles than Mason Crosby had his rookie year.

They're a preseason collarbone away from a 2-14 year.

They also haven't beaten a non-division team that finished over 500 in a long time. Hopefully the Bills finish over 500.

Packers should win that division. The D is average but they have the most important player. They won it last year without him. He should pick apart this defense.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
For ****s sake leave it where it is.

The stadium is in a crap location and it kind of outdated. A rumor I heard was a stadium on the waterfront with a retractible roof. I would be for that, though with this Niagara Falls banter how about a stadium in similar fashion on the Falls? Would be sick. The falls are an attraction and it would be great for tourism. Spend a weekend at the falls doing things and hit up the game. Only problem is you need a winning team over the long term to make that seem worth while.

Fotes18

Sep 7, 2010
The stadium is in a crap location and it kind of outdated. A rumor I heard was a stadium on the waterfront with a retractible roof. I would be for that, though with this Niagara Falls banter how about a stadium in similar fashion on the Falls? Would be sick. The falls are an attraction and it would be great for tourism. Spend a weekend at the falls doing things and hit up the game. Only problem is you need a winning team over the long term to make that seem worth while.

I'm not so sure a retractable roof would be financially a good idea. Raises the cost of that building by a lot, and the goal there would be to get more HUGE events. The problem with that is the city of Buffalo doesn't have the required hotel rooms to host such events, so such events won't ever be held there, thus rendering a roof pointless IMO. But honestly I'll be happy regardless.

The Big events I'm referring too would NCAA Basketball Final 4's or Regional finals, Super Bowls, or even (laugh if you must) something like a marquee WWE Pay Per View like WrestleMania, Summer Slam, or the Royal Rumble.

As it stands I'm fairly certain the City doesn't have the required amount of hotel rooms to host an NHL All-Star game, if it can't get that, no way they get anything bigger.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
While it's true those marquee events are important, they aren't inherently necessary for a modern stadium as long as there's a stable of mid-range events.

Though I expect the hotel issue to be addressed if the stadium goes there between new owner/pegula/investors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad