Proposal: BUF -SJS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Oh boy, Zemgus Girgensons, a ~30th overall pick, and a forward prospect with 4 points in 22 SHL games in exchange for the heart and soul of our team. Sign me up!

What is unsigned 40-50 point guy actually worth in your mind. I mean you are getting a 14th overall. He's getting 8 minutes a game in SHL. He's 18 and will be dominating at world juniors in a month. Girgensons has his game back and he's 20-30 points heart and soul guy signed at a decent cap. As a Sabres fan, almost zero interest in this deal. We'd have to overpay to sign a 28-year-old Hertl who really has had one super elite year in league.

Sharks are in a jam on this guy. Keep him and overpay or get something at deadline as part of rebuild. If I'm the Sharks, I move him. Buffalo is a none fit. He'll probably net a contender's first and maybe a team's 3rd or 4th best prospect. If there is a strong market, a second rounder and another B prospect.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What is unsigned 40-50 point guy actually worth in your mind. I mean you are getting a 14th overall. He's getting 8 minutes a game in SHL. He's 18 and will be dominating at world juniors in a month. Girgensons has his game back and he's 20-30 points heart and soul guy signed at a decent cap. As a Sabres fan, almost zero interest in this deal. We'd have to overpay to sign a 28-year-old Hertl who really has had one super elite year in league.

Sharks are in a jam on this guy. Keep him and overpay or get something at deadline as part of rebuild. If I'm the Sharks, I move him. Buffalo is a none fit. He'll probably net a contender's first and maybe a team's 3rd or 4th best prospect. If there is a strong market, a second rounder and another B prospect.

There aren't going to be many top centers on the market period. Even less with the pedigree that Hertl has so they're going to get more than what you're suggesting since he's not a 40-50 point guy. He's a lot more than that.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There aren't going to be many top centers on the market period. Even less with the pedigree that Hertl has so they're going to get more than what you're suggesting since he's not a 40-50 point guy. He's a lot more than that.

To put it bluntly, Hertl is a f***ing amazing player. If the Sharks want to sell him for futures, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams interested at the deadline.

And regardless of the OP offer, Buffalo won't be one of those teams.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No from Buffalo.

No disrespect to Hertl, but we aren't doing the early Kane/Bogosian trade twice.

Be patient.

Eh, Hertl doesn't have any of the other issues associated with Kane/Bogo. He's a smart player on the ice with no rumblings of issues off it. It's that he isn't signed that is the issue (and his knee to be fair - torn ACL and MCL is scary). But there needs to be a balance between simply using all picks always and trading them willy-nilly.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Eh, Hertl doesn't have any of the other issues associated with Kane/Bogo. He's a smart player on the ice with no rumblings of issues off it. It's that he isn't signed that is the issue (and his knee to be fair - torn ACL and MCL is scary). But there needs to be a balance between simply using all picks always and trading them willy-nilly.

It's not the player, it's the cost. Giving up Rosen and a 1st too early imo. Wait until we know what we have.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

This is equal to or better than what we gave up for ROR, but he was younger and an RFA with no health concerns. This is not the way.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad