Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] G Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen re-signs with the Sabres (5 years, $4.75M AAV)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too much, or too long, at least. He had one decent season. I hope this doesn't turn into a dog of a contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeremy2020

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Too much, or too long, at least. He had one decent season. I hope this doesn't turn into a dog of a contract.

Im on the other end. 4.75 is a steal. These are his true prime years at under 5M and he's progressively improved every year the last 3-4 years, and was somewhat dominate when on last year.
I think there's a good chance he out performs this contract. Great chance he performs as is. And a slim chance he's worth under 4.5 and it's hard to move.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don't think it's bad per say, but rather "risky". Goaltending is so volatile anymore that we frequently see teams hamstringing themselves with bad goalie contracts. If they are short-term deals, they are much more workable if something goes wrong. When you are talking 4-5 years, you're stuck.
]
Short-term deals mean you are always playing musical chairs with B goalies. It can work but you need a very good team in front of you. Leafs have tried this and always come up a tad short.
He was 2 yrs to UFA. By signing him th o longer they now have a trade chip between him and Levi in a few yrs

I honestly cannot understand people not wanting some type of lock down on him. A one-year deal and we are in a pretty bad spot if he has the same type of year.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
only if it works out. i think 3 years would have been ideal.
The problem with 3 yrs

24/25 UPL, Levi in AHL with occasional call up for 3 in 4 days or 4 in 6.
25/26 UPL, Levi on bridge as back up goalie
26/27 if 4 yrs on the contract then decision needs to be made now.

My preference would have bern 4 yrs. Thrn
26/27 Levi in last yr of bridge, UPL would have 2 yrs left
Summer of 2027 you make a decision on signing Lrvi or UPL with 1 yr left and trade the other. With 5 yrs UPL has 2 yrs left of term at this point and both would have trsde value if both doing well.

I dont know if controls came on UPL contract

Sabres re-sign player to shorter contract HFB-what are Sabres doing. Sabres re-sign player to longer contract-HFB -what are Sabres doing..:laugh:
Same with naking trades

Even sabres fans on here want GM to make a trade for s player and complain. When he does make a trade, still complain. It's a no win

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
I like the kid.

We've seen how guys like Lehner and Ullmark have performed after leaving Buffalo, and he seems to be on a similar trajectory. With the cap rising, is $4.75 even really starter money anyways?

I really don't see him being the next Cal Petersen. But, I guess you never know.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad