Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Oilers is only good because they have mcdavid and drai. Put Skinner with him and everyone Will look good . Skinner is not good enough for any of the sabres lines .
Wait until you see what McLeod can only do without McDavid or Draisaitl.

Have fun with 4 goals from
Janmark 😆
He is a better player then McLeod, otherwise the Oilers would have kept McLeod. McLeod is not even good enough to play on their third line, that was the problem.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ok, let's say this is all true.

Why the hell was he drafted at #9 2 years ago then?
He was drafted on pre-injury, pre-vanishing development trend. Just like 95% of every draft pick outside of the top 5 year after year. And let's not try and hide the elephant in the room, in the Sabres organizational prospect depth pipeline, he won't be missed given, once again, the sheer volume of the same potential in their pipeline.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m going to play devils advocate with this move…McLeod has plenty of big-game experience and scored 3 goals in the Finals this year. He has outstanding speed, is good at transporting the puck through neutral and into the o-zone, good PKer, a smart defensive player but very soft. I think he will improve the Sabres this year and I’ll miss him in Edmonton. He really fell out of favour with a lot of the fan base but he’s still young and still likely has 40-50pt upside.

Having said that I don’t really know anything about Savoie, it sounds like he could have a higher ceiling than Clouder so maybe this will work out for both teams.
I concur.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Wait until you see what McLeod can only do without McDavid or Draisaitl.

He is a better player then McLeod, otherwise the Oilers would have kept McLeod. McLeod is not even good enough to play on their third line, that was the problem.
The problem is that oilers are in winn now mode so henrique with his experience suits better short term . Skinner henrique and these guys arent something That really works without mcdavid and drai.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers is only good because they have mcdavid and drai. Put Skinner with him and everyone Will look good . Skinner is not good enough for any of the sabres lines .
Well yeah having 2 of the best players in the world and a generational talent will do that. Your last line is false. Buffalo is a bad team and Skinner at 3M would have been kept for the top 6 there every day of the week. Top 6 wing has been a weakness for the Oilers for a long time though so Skinner is an upgrade on what has often played in the Oilers top 6.

I hope McLeod works out there and that Buffalo makes the playoffs. I just don't think McLeod will ever break his "perimeter player" style. It's not nearly as frustrating in the regular season.

Reactions: Oilhawks

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Just realised you have Adam Jensen as your avatar. I was one of the Artists who made him!
Everyone who worked on Deus Ex: HR & Deus Ex: MD, including yourself, are gods amongst men. It was an instant classic and all the little intricacies of the world and the design of the characters is perfection in my opinion. Jensen's design was like a modern rendition of JC Denton. You did a really amazing job man, enjoy Demidov!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Yall need to chill out.

Could have been saying the same about Peyton Krebs when he was traded.

No one knows this prospect better than Buffalo. Consider that.

There are lots of players drafted high that don't even turn out to be a Ryan McLeod.

I mean, it seems quite different to me, doesn’t it?

Krebs was part of a return for a borderline superstar and was absolutely counted on to make that a good trade for Buffalo.

The stakes are quite a bit lower if Savoie doesn’t pan out of Edmonton.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Yall need to chill out.

Could have been saying the same about Peyton Krebs when he was traded.

No one knows this prospect better than Buffalo. Consider that.

There are lots of players drafted high that don't even turn out to be a Ryan McLeod.
So Buffalo has many high top picks because they’ve been awful for years, letting one go isn’t a big deal? It is a big deal because of what they got in return. McLeod is not a good center and that’s why Buffalo fans are thinking he was brought in for. He was only ever good as a wing player when he played with draisaitl. Edm got a high draft pick without needing to be awful and they gave up essentially a 4th line player. Oof.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ironic that the Oilers cut ties with Matt’s older brother this summer.

Sneaking suspicion that Carter will sign an AHL deal with Bakersfield to play with Matt again. I think that would be cool for Matt as well and help him settle into his pro career.
Might be a move that's good for both sides. Carter's skill set is more as a depth scorer and his projection in Edmonton probably isn't great. He may be better off signing with a club that could offer him a bit more of role suited to his needs.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
Wtf are the Sabres thinking? Yeah they have to much offensive forwards, but don't they know what asset management means? Wtf is that trade, a potential top 6 or even top 3 player with huge offensive upside against a 3rd liner who's only réal elite asset is his skating. I don't understand.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The problem is that oilers are in winn now mode so henrique with his experience suits better short term . Skinner henrique and these guys arent something That really works without mcdavid and drai.
No, not really. If McLeod played good they would have kept him. They had to get players to replace him because he is ineffective most of the time. He can skate, he plays hard but he gets very little done, he is not an effective player, that is his problem. Maybe as he ages his consistently will improve but he adds very little as of now.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I feel sorry for fans of the Buffalo Sabres. Getting fleeced by Edmonton of all teams. What a ridiculously awful trade from Buffalo.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Well yeah having 2 of the best players in the world and a generational talent will do that. Your last line is false. Buffalo is a bad team and Skinner at 3M would have been kept for the top 6 there every day of the week. Top 6 wing has been a weakness for the Oilers for a long time though so Skinner is an upgrade on what has often played in the Oilers top 6.

I hope McLeod works out there and that Buffalo makes the playoffs. I just don't think McLeod will ever break his "perimeter player" style. It's not nearly as frustrating in the regular season.
No , skinner is bad . Oilers need to fill out these spots with hopes of players That can produce and they Will if playing with mcdavid . Skinner arent someone playing in top 6 normaly . And he dont suits as 3-4 line player Not working , if you have mcdavid it works .

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
w640xh480_GettyImages-1407528243.jpg

w640xh480_GettyImages-1157641216.jpg

Adams along the wrong guy for advice

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
No , skinner is bad . Oilers need to fill out these spots with hopes of players That can produce and they Will if playing with mcdavid . Skinner arent someone playing in top 6 normaly . And he dont suits as 3-4 line player Not working , if you have mcdavid it works .
Yes, having McDavid and Draisaitl works, but you're not going to convince me that one of the higher end 5 on 5 goal scoring wingers and a guy who has 32G/82 the past 3 seasons (without McDavid) is not a top 6 player. He's not a player without faults, and maybe Buffalo doesn't have the pieces to cover those faults, but Edmonton does and I will be beyond belief if Skinner doesn't score 30+ goals this year stapled to McDavid or Draisaitl.

Have fun with 4 goals from
Janmark 😆
Highly unlikely he only scores 4 next year. Major bounce back candidate after the playoffs he just had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad