Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wonder what other prospects from Buffalo could be stolen by other teams... You know every GM in the league now is trying to steal their high end prospects and open cap room

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
What an awful trade from Buffalo's perspective.

And if they were ready to move on or not sorry to lose Savoie as some are claiming: what are you using your top 10 picks for?!

Some drama would certainly explain it but this is nonsense from hockey pov.

Reactions: Senor Catface

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It looks one-sided in Edmonton's favor, but Buffalo is getting a strong middle six guy with speed to burn on a favorable contract. And Tullio, who projects as a solid bottom six option in a couple seasons. Good prospect.

Excited to see how Savoie performs in Bakersfield this year. He may just end up being ammo at the deadline.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
This trade is a consequence of the league on a bender for big boys and the Sabres having essentially drafted the same player over and over and over again in the first round.
It's funny how hockey fans seem to have an obsession with small undersized players and call NHL team's idiots for passing on those players, and yet the only team that consistently drafts those types of players is Buffalo, who is still a terrible team every season.

Reactions: Laus723

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Interesting trade. Savoie is definitely higher value, but whether he can make it in the NHL is a risk that Buffalo apparently didn't want to take.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Hahah. Yikes!

One of these things is not like the other. All the players listed >> McLeod.
Mcleod is undoubtably better than Monahan.

I'd rather have the value Mcleod provides on the PK vs the value Monahan provides to a power play, and McLeod is levels above 5v5.

But hey, PP points go BRRRR

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Only 20 definately has some skill and produces --. Could be interesting - better offensive characteristics than McLeod who has paralyzed hands and brain gos numb some
He's got skill, but that's not hard to come by in today's NHL. This is a skilled generation of players, everyone's got a rocket shot and soft hands.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Seems like a nice future investment but does Savoie help today? Can he make thr team and oust someone like Derek Ryan?

I like that is from the Edmonton area. I wonder if that was a factor. He's going to have competition to crack this roster but some good linemates.

As a RHC that fills an organizational need as well. And the cap space

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
So... Buffalo is completely off their rocker. What a bunch of tards.

Can they trade Owen Power to Tampa for scraps too?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I honestly feel bad for Sabres fans seeing this trade. McLeod just isn’t someone to built around. I’ve been vocal I’ve wanted him gone all year. I was hoping he’d be the cap casualty but I never expected much in return and certainly not a prospect the calibre of Savoie

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Fair trade.

I’d love to say we fleeced Buffalo. But Mcleod’s value, should be a 1st atleast.

You only think this is a fleece if you under rate Mcleod. Obviously Mcleod had value to get a prospect like Savoie.
I wouldn't trade a 1st for McLeod. he regularly goes 10-15 games with doing almost nothing offensively. He can skate and not much else.

If anyone posted yesterday a trade proposal that the Oilers should get Matt Savoie for Ryan McLeod, they would have been torched non-stop on here.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Good move for Edmonton. With Henrique back and adding Skinner and Arvidsson, McLeod was a bit squeezed out and while he’s a decent enough player he didn’t really bring anything Edmonton couldn’t afford to lose. Getting a high end potential prospect for him who might be able to contribute when the stars get raises is some tidy work.

I understand Buffalo is loaded with prospects and young players and need to make moves to improve on the ice, but not sure McLeod is the guy to target

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
really confused as to why Oilers fans are hating on McLeod

Sabres fans...he's a great player and while it seems like an overpay, he fills your needs very well and guarantee you'll love the player and the person that he is. take good care of him

• Love
Reactions: Laus723 and PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad