Claimed off Waivers: [BUF] Christian Wolanin claimed off waivers by the Sabres from the Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Didn't have much success in his one game in the lineup. Not like it was great shakes putting him on his off-hand side either.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Also this -

Just to nip it in the bud:

1. If Los Angeles puts in a claim and no one else puts in a claim, Los Angeles can send him to the minors without waivers
2. If Los Angeles puts in a claim and a team above them in the standings also puts in a claim, Wolanin has to stay on Los Angeles' roster (or be put on waivers again to be loaned)
3. If Los Angeles puts in a claim on Wolanin and a team below them in the standings also puts in a claim, the other team gets Wolanin, and he must stay on their roster(or be put on waivers again to be loaned)
4. If any other team puts in a claim, but Los Angeles does not, that team gets Wolanin, and he must stay on their roster(or be put on waivers again to be loaned)
5. If no team puts in a claim, including Los Angeles, Buffalo is free to loan Wolanin

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
That post isn’t correct.

other teams who filed a claim but lost to buffalo gets first dibs before LA could even take him back.
Incorrect.

Waiver priority is laid out in CBA 13.19 and is determined solely by reverse standings (and subsequent tiebreakers) at the time the player is placed on waivers. Waiver priority order is not altered by any past waiver claims, successful or unsuccessful

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Incorrect.

Waiver priority is laid out in CBA 13.19 and is determined solely by reverse standings (and subsequent tiebreakers) at the time the player is placed on waivers. Waiver priority order is not altered by any past waiver claims, successful or unsuccessful

not true. Waived players claimed by a team mid season who go on waivers by claimed in the same season go to teams who put claims on him and lost first.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
not true. Waived players claimed by a team mid season, who go on waivers by claimed in the same season, go to teams who put claims on him and lost first.

waiver rules do involve a handful of semantics

I had not known that prior failed claims had an impact after a claim was complete

your comments led me to find 13.20(b)**, which offers prior claimers access to a waivered player before he can be traded
(this was news to me, was never mentioned when Cracknell was waived, claimed by NYR, then traded a few years back**** so I guess NYR had made only claim)

please, where in CBA is the scenario you cite, that a re-waived player is available to prior unsuccessful claimers??

Another reference i find involving prior waiver events is 13.22***, the one where ie if LA is only claim this week, they can assign Wolanin directly to AHL.

Another reference i find involving multiple claims is 13.19* which delineates claims claim priority

thanks

**** Adam Cracknell
Adam Cracknell Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
2017-Oct-09 Claimed off waivers by New York Rangers from Dallas Stars
2017-Nov-30 Traded from New York Rangers to Montreal Canadiens for Peter Holland

*13.19 If only one Club makes a claim for the Player on whom Waivers have been requested,
such Player shall be transferred to that Club. In the event that more than one Club makes a claim
for such Player, he shall: (i) be transferred to the claiming Club having earned the lowest
percentage of possible points in the League standing at the time of the request for Waivers
, or (ii)
if Waivers are requested outside the Regular Season, or the successful Waiver claim is made
(i.e., the date the Player would be transferred to a successful claiming Club per this Section),
before November 1st then the priority shall be determined by the final standing in the League's
Regular Season schedule in the preceding Regular Season...

**13.20 ... (b) A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another
Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired, unless he is first
offered
on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested
originally,
and the offer has been refused.

***13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently,
in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the
successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled
to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being
asked
; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative)
and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful
claim.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
not true. Waived players claimed by a team mid season who go on waivers by claimed in the same season go to teams who put claims on him and lost first.
If you can point me to that, I'd love to learn something new, but the CBA has it laid out pretty in depth

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad