Proposal: Buf/Cgy/Ott (Eichel)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'd much rather keep Formenton than acquire Monahan. Nothing against Monahan, but he is getting older and those hip injuries are a big worry. Plus, Formenton has to be top 5 in the league for speed...and the kid knows how to use it. Once he gets a bit more NHL experience under his belt, he is going to be a monster on the PK.

Calgary and Buffalo could get a deal done without Ottawa.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Whats wrong with my analogy? If anything its extremely accurate
Well a totaled car is just that. Totaled, finished, unrepairable or needing more to repair it then it's worth. I'd certainly say that's a pretty poor analogy for Eichel. Based on your previous posts I know you certainly don't believe that or you wouldn't be making offers with multiple quality pieces for him. I can think of several prospects I'd prefer over Zary at this point and really that's not a slight on Zary. He looks like he'll be an NHL'er and there's upside there. With that said, I'd be disappointed if that's the "centerpiece" in an Eichel deal.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Ledge And Dairy

Well a totaled car is just that. Totaled, finished, unrepairable or needing more to repair it then it's worth. I'd certainly say that's a pretty poor analogy for Eichel. Based on your previous posts I know you certainly don't believe that or you wouldn't be making offers with multiple quality pieces for him. I can think of several prospects I'd prefer over Zary at this point and really that's not a slight on Zary. He looks like he'll be an NHL'er and there's upside there. With that said, I'd be disappointed if that's the "centerpiece" in an Eichel deal.
You are splitting hairs here on the analogy. The acquiring team is taking on all the responsibility for fixing him

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Eichel going to CGY would definitely help keep Gaudreau there long term.

Why doesn't CGY go after Hertl? Cheaper in trade and can re-sign while keeping some cap savings and adding depth at deadline?

Reactions: Big guns

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
You are splitting hairs here on the analogy. The acquiring team is taking on all the responsibility for fixing him
Not really splitting hairs, it's just not a great analogy. One that misrepresents the severity of most herniated disc injuries that require surgery. That said, I get your overall point. The acquiring team will inherit the risk of Jack Eichel's surgery and recovery, I haven't seen anyone debate that point. That will affect the return. Again, no debate.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Ledge And Dairy

Eichel going to CGY would definitely help keep Gaudreau there long term.

Why doesn't CGY go after Hertl? Cheaper in trade and can re-sign while keeping some cap savings and adding depth at deadline?
Hertl isnt a relevant enough upgrade on Monahan and probably wont waive. I like Hertl but he's not going to make Calgary a contender whereas someone like Eichel could

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hertl isnt a relevant enough upgrade on Monahan and probably wont waive. I like Hertl but he's not going to make Calgary a contender whereas someone like Eichel could

Then it'd be Monahan + 2022 1st + ??
And CGY can comfortably afford Eichel + JG @ $8.5 to 9 million + Tkachuk too while using current prospect pool to fill future holes?

Ledge And Dairy

Then it'd be Monahan + 2022 1st + ??
And CGY can comfortably afford Eichel + JG @ $8.5 to 9 million + Tkachuk too while using current prospect pool to fill future holes?
Gaudreau's not getting 9 lol, not after the Hall and Landeskog deals.

Yes they can fit all 3 and a Mangiapane raise in, especially when Lucic's deal becomes very movable next year

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Gaudreau's not getting 9 lol, not after the Hall and Landeskog deals.

Yes they can fit all 3 and a Mangiapane raise in, especially when Lucic's deal becomes very movable next year

Maybe?
Since 2017-18: among all players

13th in assists
14th in total points
23rd in pts per game

He can definitely ask for 9 and likely settle for 8.5.
He's producing at levels above Landy and Hall the last 4 years.

If your GM can pull it off for Eichel, go for it.

Ledge And Dairy

Maybe?
Since 2017-18: among all players

13th in assists
14th in total points
23rd in pts per game

He can definitely ask for 9 and likely settle for 8.5.
He's producing at levels above Landy and Hall the last 4 years.

If your GM can pull it off for Eichel, go for it.
He will probably get more than Landy and Hall but not 2.5 and 3M more. If he wants to get paid instead of taking a team friendly deal then the Metro will suit him better

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He will probably get more than Landy and Hall but not 2.5 and 3M more. If he wants to get paid instead of taking a team friendly deal then the Metro will suit him better

Could see him going to NJ.
I'd be surprised if he comes in below 8mil per.

A core of Hischier, Hughes, Smith, Mercer and Holtz with vets like Hamilton and Severson?
Could be appealing while getting paid extra market value.

But Eichel keeps him in CGY imo.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's going to be trading our future for a guy that needs surgery. If Eichel doesn't pan out or if we have to pay too much to get him, then what? We have a log of a contract and no prospect pool. We will be picking top 3 every year for the next 20 years like the Oilers. I am not on board with getting Eichel at all.

Ledge And Dairy

It's going to be trading our future for a guy that needs surgery. If Eichel doesn't pan out or if we have to pay too much to get him, then what? We have a log of a contract and no prospect pool. We will be picking top 3 every year for the next 20 years like the Oilers. I am not on board with getting Eichel at all.
Dude how many prospects do you think it will take, Calgary has 4 top 50 prospects in the league and both Francis and Poirier could crack top 100 this year. Some sort of cap 100% has to go out and it wont be a dump like Lucic, probably Monahan who has at least the value of a 1st+. Then likely 1 other roster player between Zadorov, Gudbranson, and Dube for cap reasons. + conditional 1sts based on Eichels health. I cant see Calgary including more than 1 of their top prospects if they are adding potentially 2 1sts and 2 solid roster players

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Dude how many prospects do you think it will take, Calgary has 4 top 50 prospects in the league and both Francis and Poirier could crack top 100 this year. Some sort of cap 100% has to go out and it wont be a dump like Lucic, probably Monahan who has at least the value of a 1st+. Then likely 1 other roster player between Zadorov, Gudbranson, and Dube for cap reasons. + conditional 1sts based on Eichels health. I cant see Calgary including more than 1 of their top prospects if they are adding potentially 2 1sts and 2 solid roster players

I think you vastly underestimate what Buffalo will get. I also think he has character flaws. What is he doing right now btw? Just sitting there needing surgery watching old episodes of The Simpsons or what? I think he could be a huge landmine if he doesn't deliver.

Ledge And Dairy

I think you vastly underestimate what Buffalo will get. I also think he has character flaws. What is he doing right now btw? Just sitting there needing surgery watching old episodes of The Simpsons or what? I think he could be a huge landmine if he doesn't deliver.
I think you vastly overestimate what they will get. You can speculate on his character issues all you want but he is pretty well known to be someone with a high compete level and drive to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad