Proposal: Buf/Cgy/Ott (Eichel)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Trade #1
Flames:
Sean Monohan

Senators:
Colin White
Alex Formenton
2022 2nd

- Monohan played junior in Ottawa and likely would waive to go there. Ottawa has been after an upgrade at C.

Trade #2

Flames:
Alex Formenton
Colin White
Juuso Valimaki
Connor Zary
2022 1st
2022 2nd (highest of the 3 Calgary owns, Cgy/Fla/Ott)

Sabres:
Jack Eichel

- Sabres rumored ask for Jack is the equivalent to 4 1st rounders. Valimaki + Zary are both recent 1sts + the 1st pick and Formenton + White + 2nd.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
My guess is that package would not interest the Sabres in the least.

Also, admittedly I am not a Monahan fan at all, but that is an overpayment for 2 years of an overpaid Monahan. Every game Monahan plays right now his value drops. He was barely noticeable in the Oiler game and he was noticeable for all the wrong reasons in the Ducks game.

Reactions: Ainsy01

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Sean Monahan has actually been terrible for a while now and isn't an upgrade on Norris or Pinto at this point in time. Pass.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
He was injured for all but 6 games last year. Enough that he couldnt even bend down to pick up his car keys by game 10 of the season
On second thought, where do we sign to acquire this physical specimen who can't bend over? Just pulling your chain but this just shows there's some other concerns at play with Monahan.

Monahan is a solid player when healthy and someone a lot of Sens fans have a soft-spot for because of his time with the 67s but:
1) The team is VERY high on Alex Formenton.
2) Monahan is not the kind of player they'd move a Formenton for regardless of fair market value.

This just does not make sense for Ottawa.

Reactions: 3rdWheelNeil

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Zary+2022 1st+2023 1st would probably be a good bid. Add bad 1-2 year contracts if needed.

Ledge And Dairy

On second thought, where do we sign to acquire this physical specimen who can't bend over? Just pulling your chain but this just shows there's some other concerns at play with Monahan.

Monahan is a solid player when healthy and someone a lot of Sens fans have a soft-spot for because of his time with the 67s but:
1) The team is VERY high on Alex Formenton.
2) Monahan is not the kind of player they'd move a Formenton for regardless of fair market value.

This just does not make sense for Ottawa.
The unable to bend down thing was prior to his surgery in April.

I can understand not wanting to trade Formenton, I personally would be fine doing something around Brannstrom myself but that also comes down to Buffalo being interested in him.

Tbh if any team goes for Monahan in a 3-way Eichel trade I see it being Boston

Reactions: MrInvidious

Ledge And Dairy

Way too many players going to buffalo here. I'd take quality over quantity any day.
Its really not, you are getting plenty of quality. Expecting anyone to give up a much better prospect than Zary is not realistic.

This is also a 3-way trade so Buffalo is essentially getting Monahan and Zary as a base then flipping Monahan for other pieces

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Monahan isnt returning that much value. Since he was injured last year he needs to prove he can play up to the prior level before he returns anywhere close to that imo well at least from Ottawa anyways

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Absolutely not dealing roster players and the 2022 unconditional 1st for a guy who's not playing for the Flames right now. I'd probably do this deal if Eichel was healthy right now, but otherwise no thank you.

(I'd also do it from Calgary if we can top 10 protect the 2022 1st)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Trade #1
Flames:
Sean Monohan

Senators:
Colin White
Alex Formenton
2022 2nd

- Monohan played junior in Ottawa and likely would waive to go there. Ottawa has been after an upgrade at C.

Trade #2

Flames:
Alex Formenton
Colin White
Juuso Valimaki
Connor Zary
2022 1st
2022 2nd (highest of the 3 Calgary owns, Cgy/Fla/Ott)

Sabres:
Jack Eichel

- Sabres rumored ask for Jack is the equivalent to 4 1st rounders. Valimaki + Zary are both recent 1sts + the 1st pick and Formenton + White + 2nd.
I'm pretty sure the 4 equivalent 1st round picks for Jack Eichel are dead, No freaking way is Adams getting 4 1st rounders for Eichel. Eichel probably wont even get his surgery until he's dealt to his new team. And that lessens his value greatly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad