Claimed off Waivers: [BUF] Axel Jonsson-Fjallby claimed off waivers by the Sabres from the Capitals

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sounds to me like the Sabres and Caps are playing chess while everybody else is playing checkers. Something brilliant is going on here...........
I don't think so, not really. The Sabres understand waivers well enough. They are gambling that he could be a diamond in the rough. They see that he has NHL speed, which is wholly accurate. They will learn the rest of his game, at least right now, might not be NHL ready. Or maybe they're taking the chance that they can develop him. It could happen.

If it doesn't, and he goes back on waivers, he probably ends up in Hershey, though.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
I don't think so, not really. The Sabres understand waivers well enough. They are gambling that he could be a diamond in the rough. They see that he has NHL speed, which is wholly accurate. They will learn the rest of his game, at least right now, might not be NHL ready. Or maybe they're taking the chance that they can develop him. It could happen.

If it doesn't, and he goes back on waivers, he probably ends up in Hershey, though.
It was a joke. The Sabres are obviously playing Tiddlywinks.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
There is no "call him up" in this instance. That's the point.

As a waivers eligible player, the Caps tried to send him down to Hershey. He got claimed by a team that believes he is a NHL player. That's fine. That is what waivers are supposed to do: The waivers process gives players on deep teams the chance to be NHL players somewhere else where the depth chart is thinner. It does not allow teams to poach players for their own minors systems.

He is a Sabre for exactly as long as he remains on the Sabres' NHL roster. If the Sabres decide he is not an NHL player, then he goes back on waivers. Every team in the league, going in reverse standings order, will again get the chance to claim him. The Caps have no special priority, but they will uniquely have the option of re-claiming him and then sending him down to the minors without putting AJF back on waivers again.

If at any point this year, the Sabres put him back on waivers with the purpose of trying to send him down, the Caps will claim him and send him to Hershey.

Sorry I was just trying to make a light joke. Must not have been very funny to get a serious response like this. But yes, you are 100% correct.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
A+ wheels and hair. Makes Jason "Stone Hands" Chimera look like Patrick Kane with the puck on his stick.

He's essentially Jason Chimera if Chimera had beautiful hair and considerably worse hands.
Chimera is much bigger and stronger. He reminds me of Hagelin more. He’s got the Flow and play style.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
giphy.gif

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Very low ceiling type of player but his skating and physicality could still make him a useful 4th liner.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm not sure this one will stick. He'd be useful in anyone's minors system. If he sticks as a NHL player, then good for him. That's what waivers are for, to keep any team from hoarding NHL players in their minors system. It's hard to view him as an NHL player at the moment, though.

When the Sabres eventually try to send him down themselves, I think the Caps will put in a claim. Assuming he makes it that far, they'd be in the unique position of being able to send him down to Hershey without exposing him to waivers again.
other teams who filed claims get a shot. Thrn to washington if they want him.

buffalo can’t claim and then trade.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Buffalo is well connected in Sweden in scouting and drafting.

thus pkayer they might have had interest in during his draft year. I don’t know if he previously played with some current sabres or are good friends.

in terms of current roster they have space to keep him fir the season.

buffalo has their share of players that need to clear waivers. They are older and likely not getting claimed.

Ithink Buffalo will also claim a high salary goalie in waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad