Value of: Buchnevich at 50% retained

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Full disclosure, I'm not a Blues fan so this shouldn't be taken as any endorsement of moving Buchnevich at all.

Just wondering what the best offer would be for a great winger making 2.9 mil per through next season.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
As a Blues fan I'd like to get something closer to what Meier's got 1st+good defensive prospect+2nd. Similar production point wise, less goals but more assists, better defensively, and a much cheaper caphit with the same amount of control (1.5 years before UFA for both).

Reports are saying that there is mutual interest between the Blues and Buchnevich about an extension tho.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As a Blues fan I'd like to get something closer to what Meier's got 1st+good defensive prospect+2nd. Similar production point wise, less goals but more assists, better defensively, and a much cheaper caphit with the same amount of control (1.5 years before UFA for both).

Reports are saying that there is mutual interest between the Blues and Buchnevich about an extension tho.
That's in the Blue's best interest. Guys like Buchnevich are tough to come by. You need to keep him.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Full disclosure, I'm not a Blues fan so this shouldn't be taken as any endorsement of moving Buchnevich at all.

Just wondering what the best offer would be for a great winger making 2.9 mil per through next season.
It’s right here lol

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It’s right here lol

There's talk about what the Blues would want, but not much in terms of actual offers.

I was told an offer of Pickering and a 1sr would be beat "easily". Haven't seen that yet.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
There's talk about what the Blues would want, but not much in terms of actual offers.

I was told an offer of Pickering and a 1sr would be beat "easily". Haven't seen that yet.
Did you actually read the thread?

A Minnesota fan offered 1st + 2nd + Peart. A rags fan offered 1st + Othmann + Zac Jones.

Either one of those easily beats 1st + Pickering IMO.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Why would the Blues eat 50% for this season and next for a return worse than what Horvat got at the deadline as an impending UFA?

I get you’re trying to prove a point. But let’s logically think through this.

Why would the Blues not just play it out for a season and wait until the next deadline to get a similar return?

Hypothetical returns aren’t a great way to gauge a value. There’s no consensus amongst fan bases. You could be speaking to a person who thinks Pickering is a lock to be a top 4 D man or you could be speaking to someone who thinks Pickering won’t have much of an NHL career.

If you’re searching for opinions there’s a lot of pretty thought out opinions in that thread that’s why you’re being pointed that way.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wish the ducks were a little closer to making this type of move, as i think hed be a great fit with our forward core....

But i dont think were in a spot to trade our 1st yet.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Respectfully disagree - just looks like more quantity.
Fair enough, seems like you value Pickering extremely highly. Maybe I am undervaluing him.

Regardless tho, the question worth asking might be how people value Owen Pickering instead of how they value Buchnevich…

Last edited:

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Wish the ducks were a little closer to making this type of move, as i think hed be a great fit with our forward core....

But i dont think were in a spot to trade our 1st yet.
Feel like we need the goal scoring version of a Buchnevich more than anything

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Sure feels like he’s been in St Louis longer than two seasons…

He’s a really good hockey player and he’s not old, overpriced, or taking a beating every night, leading up to his contract expiring.

There’s no reason to trade him. None at all. So I find it hard to believe Armstrong would even consider it.

Next year? They’ll obviously visit the scenario, as he’ll be a pending UFA. Would guess they’d try to resign him though.

“IF” they traded him right now?? He’d grab a nice return. Nothing incredibly crazy, because he’s not a dominant player, but they’d obviously get a 1st and likely 1 good to really good prospect. Nobody’s trading a 1st and an elite level prospect though. He’s not a game changing type player. He’s just a really good player. You want a 1st and an elite prospect, you better be able to take a game over at times.

At the “MOST”, they’d probably get a 1st and a prospect like Carter Mazur or Brennan Othmann. Something like that. A prospect you know will play in the NHL, but don’t know if he’ll be a 40-50 point player, or a 70-80 point player. Or a good, but not great D-prospect. One who’s looking like he’ll play 5-10 years, but not one who will obviously be in someone’s Top 4 for a decade.

That’s if they traded him today. More than likely, next year, they wouldn’t get as much. If he was like Timo, he’d get more. He’s moving towards UFA, not RFA though, and he’ll be 30 as a UFA.. Big difference.

You’d pay a Mazur or Othmann, because you’re looking for a a player like you think they’ll be for today, and don’t wanna wait for them to develop. You’re guaranteeing yourself those two years in the playoffs. Next year he’s basically a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad