Confirmed with Link: Bryce Montgomery signs 3 year ELC

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
maybe wrong take - Aren’t they using the weird numbers for Montgomery’s deal to ensure they can use the max LTIR allowance if they have to end up putting Fast on LTIR?

We give out minimal performance bonuses to 1st rounders and now we give out a 1 million per season to an unheralded 6th rounder?

Why would any of that matter? Stillman qualifies for SOIR. He is on a 2 way deal and didn’t play 50 nhl games last year. So im not sure what is going on here

Reactions: cptjeff

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
I remember a Montgomery Ward store in my town as a kid. Went out of business in the late 70s or early 80s IIRC. I also remember my dad complaining at Christmas because Sears, Montgomery Ward, and JC Penny all had thick catalogs and he was a mailman that had to deliver them.

I wondered what happened to Wards and when I googled it, I was surprised to see that it is still operating as an online retailer. It's clearly not the same company the name/trademarks were sold off, but I never knew there was a Montgomery Ward as an online retailer.
Credited with inventing the mail order business. Sears followed suit and kicked ass.

Reactions: cptjeff

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Credited with inventing the mail order business. Sears followed suit and kicked ass.

Thinking back to my youth in Ohio I am really amazed at the amount of regional "big box" stores there were in the 80's. IN northern Ohio we had Gold Circle, Fishers Big Wheel, Zayers, Hill's, and of course Woolworths, KMart, and Sears. Last 3 being nationwide.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
maybe wrong take - Aren’t they using the weird numbers for Montgomery’s deal to ensure they can use the max LTIR allowance if they have to end up putting Fast on LTIR?

Lol, looks like I was off and the salary being $90 off what a maximum ELC player would get was just a weird coincidence. :laugh: If they are postng the math to back up the sensibility of the numbers then the numbers are probably correct.

It's massive bullshit though if Canes are now gaming the cap to the point that fresh ELC signings aren't getting paid their 10 percent signing bonus and paying that off with extremely longshot performance bonuses.

Well, at least we're so well of with Necas that he won't mind having been given a pesky $500k performance bonus and now watching some guy get double.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
There could be some Tulsky maths at work somewhere somehow with the contract. I’m fine with a big strong dman helping out in Chicago, and we’ll see if there’s something more in time. We have a bunch of not particularly large, underdeveloped forwards going there to play key roles. Not everyone they sign for down there will be legit Canes prospects (sbrindy) but size, strength and character is still needed to round teams out at any level. Could be a depth call up in time too.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad