Value of: Bruins wants

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They can buy out Reilly and Forbort and trade Gryz at a loss and still be a contender. Then they *could* make other moves to bring back Bertuzzi, re-sign Frederic, or make other moves to allow them to let kids marinate more. But, they will be fiiiiine.

FORWARDS (13)
Right Wing: David Pastrnak ($11,250,000) - Fabian Lysell ($863,333) - Jake DeBrusk ($4,000,000) - AJ Greer ($762,500) - Oskar Steen ($800,000)
Centre: Pavel Zacha ($4,750,000) - Patrice Bergeron ($2,500,000) - Charlie Coyle ($5,250,000) - Marc McLaughlin ($800,000)
Left Wing: Georgi Merkulov ($925,000) - Brad Marchand ($6,125,000) - Taylor Hall ($6,000,000) - Jakub Lauko ($800,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: Charlie McAvoy ($9,500,000) - Brandon Carlo ($4,100,000) - Connor Carrick ($800,000)
Left: Mason Lohrei ($925,000) - Hampus Lindholm ($6,500,000) - Jakub Zboril ($1,137,500) - Nathan Beaulieu ($850,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Linus Ullmark ($5,000,000) - Jeremy Swayman ($4,000,000)

BUYOUTS (2)
Derek Forbort ($666,667) - Mike Reilly ($333,334)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 22
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Bonus Overages: $4,500,000
Cap Hit: $83,138,334
Cap Space: $361,666

Is Bergeron for sure coming back?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Mid to late 1st + one of JBD/Thomson for DeBrusk from Ottawa (assuming such a 1st comes back in a DeBrincat trade)
Care to expand the deal to include Ullmark? You guys have some attractive young pieces to expand on this deal. Solid offer though on JBD. I think they do want to keep him but this is an intriguing offer

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Care to expand the deal to include Ullmark? You guys have some attractive young pieces to expand on this deal. Solid offer though on JBD. I think they do want to keep him but this is an intriguing offer
I'm not sure the sens could give the value you'd get elsewhere on Ullmark. They're in a spot right now where touching roster pieces would be terrible, picks are pretty depleted, and there isn't much on the farm because so many have graduated.

I think am Ullmark/Forsberg pair could be great though.

Reactions: wintersej

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm not sure the sens could give the value you'd get elsewhere on Ullmark. They're in a spot right now where touching roster pieces would be terrible, picks are pretty depleted, and there isn't much on the farm because so many have graduated.

I think am Ullmark/Forsberg pair could be great though.
Would a Creig or Boucher be available? I get the sentiment with the roster and picks

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
IDC what gryz or rielly return. "future considerations" comes to mind. Ullmark late 1st/early second to make up for Sweeney ****ing us by constantly trading all of our picks.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Would a Creig or Boucher be available? I get the sentiment with the roster and picks
Greig, highly doubtful. Boucher, most likely unless Dorion wants to prove something. He is a very high risk, medium reward player.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Zacha and Swayman for a center from the Jets, with additional pieces on either side as needed. The problem is, which center and which pieces. :laugh:

(...Zacha has a NTC. So much for that idea.)

I'd also be very interested in Grzelcyk, but there are probably 25 teams who need LHDs more than us and thus will pay a prettier penny for his services.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Zacha and Swayman for a center from the Jets, with additional pieces on either side as needed. The problem is, which center and which pieces. :laugh:

I'd also be very interested in Grzelcyk, but there are probably 25 teams who need LHDs more than us and thus will pay a prettier penny for his services.
for get about Zacka

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

No NTC until July 1st. Ullmark does have one, though. If it’s Swayman it’s PLD.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No NTC until July 1st. Ullmark does have one, though. If it’s Swayman it’s PLD.
Oh, CapFriendly shows it prematurely then.

Not opposed to giving up PLD in lieu of Scheifele at all, if the deal is good. In fact, the thought of PLD in Boston is somehow very... satisfying.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This has no basis in logic or research, but I smell something out of left field from Sweeney. That means neither Jets center. (Do not want anyway.) NO Kuzy and no Flames center, though Backlund would be a good, cheap addition I think. That leaves someone like Dvorak yuuuuuuuuuuuck, but I really think it will be a trade and a surprise.

Reactions: dugg133

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark baseline should be the kuemper deal on 1st/3rd/middling prospect

Hall the athletic says a first rounder, but I’d say probably a 2nd+

Gryz could haul the Bruins a 2nd

The interesting one will be Marchand. Pretty much dependent on if bergeron moves, but they could get a decent haul for him with 2 years left on his deal. Some contender would overpay for him especially around the deadline.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Bruins will have to dump at least someone making at least Grzelcyk’s salary in addition to trading/buying out Reilly and Forbort. They may want to move more than that to bring back UFAs like Bertuzzi or to just make other moves to change the makeup of the club.

This thread is to post what the Bruins WANT in return for some of their players to see if anyone would be willing to pay the price or if expectations need to be adjusted.

Ullmark: 1st or 2nd and prospect or equivalent. LD and C prospects of most interest. Guys like Jack Drury or POJ, not your top guys, but guys that are NHL ready and can slide into a sheltered role.

Gryz: 2nd

Hall: 2nd

Forbort or Reilly: future considerations

And then there is another list of guys who I could see the Bruins move if they were getting market value, but wouldn’t be their first choice like DeBrusk, Swayman, etc.

What say you?
I’d say Ulmark has less value than you mention. Maybe a 2nd and decent prospect. Gryz might get you an additional pick something like 2nd + 4th. Hall would likely get at least a late 1st.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d say Ulmark has less value than you mention. Maybe a 2nd and decent prospect. Gryz might get you an additional pick something like 2nd + 4th. Hall would likely get at least a late 1st.

Ullmark and Hall have really tough values to nail down. If Ullmark got a first plus and if Hall got very little or vice versa wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: dugg133

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
With the gymnastics the Bruins are going to have to do this summer, that pick they gave up for Bertuzzi, could be 10-15th overall.

That roster is a mess.

Lots of time between now and then, and I fully agree but that trade was worth it. This roster was built for a playoff push and they needed to go all in. Too bad that went so poorly haha...

Lots of changes and unknowns up in the air for Boston

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bring them both back or don’t bother

Bergeron, Zacha, Coyle, ? is quite reasonable. I too expect Krejci to retire.

They have $74 million of their $78-79 million already committed to next season, and still need Swayman and 6 forwards signed. Yes, it’s a mess anyway you try to sugarcoat it.

Swayman is getting $3+. So enjoy those 6 forwards with a couple million left and a whole lot of good assets with no contracts.

They have no choice but to give players away. Swayman is likely one of the few they’ll get return on.

It’s Vegas from last summer without the contracts already in place. So it’s worse. By far.

You appear to have missed your own point.

Mine is there is no chance the resulting roster is a 10-15th draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad