Value of: Bruins wants

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins will have to dump at least someone making at least Grzelcyk’s salary in addition to trading/buying out Reilly and Forbort. They may want to move more than that to bring back UFAs like Bertuzzi or to just make other moves to change the makeup of the club.

This thread is to post what the Bruins WANT in return for some of their players to see if anyone would be willing to pay the price or if expectations need to be adjusted.

Ullmark: 1st or 2nd and prospect or equivalent. LD and C prospects of most interest. Guys like Jack Drury or POJ, not your top guys, but guys that are NHL ready and can slide into a sheltered role.

Gryz: 2nd

Hall: 2nd

Forbort or Reilly: future considerations

And then there is another list of guys who I could see the Bruins move if they were getting market value, but wouldn’t be their first choice like DeBrusk, Swayman, etc.

What say you?

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
That whole package would net you a 1st line center,a player who is going to Montreal as a UFA after the season and a bid 3-4 th line center that the organization is full of.So Winnepeg is giving up their1st, 2nd and 3rd line center for that cluster.Please tell me you are not serious!

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Ullmark, Hall and Reilly for Drury, a 2nd and some prospect filler?

Ullmark and Hall fill needs and have desirable (limited) term remaining. Carolina has the flexibility to eat Reilly to bring down the price on the others.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ullmark, Hall and Reilly for Drury, a 2nd and some prospect filler?

Ullmark and Hall fill needs and have desirable (limited) term remaining. Carolina has the flexibility to eat Reilly to bring down the price on the others.

What do you think about Rees?

Blah

What you want for Frederic

Moving Frederic doesn't really help the Bruins unless other moves have been made first and replacing his 2 - 2.5AAV with an ELC guy makes the difference to them being able to acquire some missing piece. Hard to say without knowing why they are moving him. If moving Frederic means they can now fit something sexy like Elias Lindholm or PLD the answer is very different than if they are moving him for no reason.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Did you write that with a straight face ?

Yes and I doubled checked with a mirror. The Ullmark part of the trade was the OP's idea. It's a bearish view of his value, but teams may look at the presumed Vezina as a function of the team in front of him.

Hall has limited value all things considered (position, flat cap, meh production, trade protection). Reilly is a pure cap dump. They cancel roughly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yes and I doubled checked with a mirror. The Ullmark part of the trade was the OP's idea. It's a bearish view of his value, but teams may look at the presumed Vezina as a function of the team in front of him.

Hall has limited value all things considered (position, flat cap, meh production, trade protection). Reilly is a pure cap dump. They cancel roughly.

Yeah it probably is bearish, but there seems to be a glut of good goalie names out there right now.

Hall’s role on the shutdown 3rd line certainly squashed his production. He has lost a step, but that step means he can teleport end to end with puck control to get your team started in the offensive zone instead of him getting all the way to the net around defenders. He is just a luxury on the 3rd line now and is redundant on a line with Pasta. Pasta needs someone to do dirty work not another speedster rush guy.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Hall has more value then you want admit , Ullmark had a Vezina season and not because of the way they played in front of him they left him bare ass on many occasions and he was up to the task . Montys system is not goalie friendly . Bruins have no need for your 176 lb center , bulk him up and then see if you can move him........

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bruins will have to dump at least someone making at least Grzelcyk’s salary in addition to trading/buying out Reilly and Forbort. They may want to move more than that to bring back UFAs like Bertuzzi or to just make other moves to change the makeup of the club.

This thread is to post what the Bruins WANT in return for some of their players to see if anyone would be willing to pay the price or if expectations need to be adjusted.

Ullmark: 1st or 2nd and prospect or equivalent. LD and C prospects of most interest. Guys like Jack Drury or POJ, not your top guys, but guys that are NHL ready and can slide into a sheltered role.

Gryz: 2nd

Hall: 2nd

Forbort or Reilly: future considerations

And then there is another list of guys who I could see the Bruins move if they were getting market value, but wouldn’t be their first choice like DeBrusk, Swayman, etc.

What say you?

Can we see GRYZ's report cards/fancy stats?
Your overall review of him as a player? Pros and cons.

Florida may be interested. We need help on defense, we have a glut of LD prospects.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Can we see GRYZ's report cards/fancy stats?
Your overall review of him as a player? Pros and cons.

Florida may be interested. We need help on defense, we have a glut of LD prospects.

His fancy stats are might be better than the reality. He is elite between the blue lines using his feet cutting off plays and transitioning quickly. Like seriously near the top of the league. He is undersized and weak as a 1 on 1 defender. He has a high school shot and is not creative in the offensive zone. So like his elite play in center ice (and on puck retrieval) gives him really good fancy stats…but he doesn’t score much and in the playoffs where the physicality ramps his GF% has not matched his CF% in a positive way. Whether that is luck or meaningful has had thousands of posts dedicated to it on the Bruins board.

So in net… he is a guy that has been on the Bruins top pairing for years and the Bruins have been f***ing good with him there… but doesn’t play special teams and was (oddly) scratched against the Panthers (although the games he played the Bruins did better so take that FWIW).

There are just vibes around the fan base that the team needs more playoff toughness and less regular season skill so he has had a target on his back fairly or not. That being said, his 3.7 AAV contact is very good and he only has a year left on his deal so dealing him should net assets versus other guys that won’t return much so even if you are not on team “small guys suck”, it there is an argument that if you have to move someone out he isn’t a bad call, especially with one of Boston’s to legit prospects being a LD.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Hall has more value then you want admit , Ullmark had a Vezina season and not because of the way they played in front of him they left him bare ass on many occasions and he was up to the task . Montys system is not goalie friendly . Bruins have no need for your 176 lb center , bulk him up and then see if you can move him........

A very comparable Max Pacioretty was valueless to slightly negative last Summer. My valuation of Hall is more bullish than bearish by comparison. Nemeth, a comp for Reilly, went with 2 2nds for a B-prospect.

FWIW, Boston was t-2nd in all situations xGA/60, per NST. He had a great season, no doubt, but two-way play is in the Bruins’ DNA.

Reactions: wintersej

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
His fancy stats are might be better than the reality. He is elite between the blue lines using his feet cutting off plays and transitioning quickly. Like seriously near the top of the league. He is undersized and weak as a 1 on 1 defender. He has a high school shot and is not creative in the offensive zone. So like his elite play in center ice (and on puck retrieval) gives him really good fancy stats…but he doesn’t score much and in the playoffs where the physicality ramps his GF% has not matched his CF% in a positive way. Whether that is luck or meaningful has had thousands of posts dedicated to it on the Bruins board.

So in net… he is a guy that has been on the Bruins top pairing for years and the Bruins have been f***ing good with him there… but doesn’t play special teams and was (oddly) scratched against the Panthers (although the games he played the Bruins did better so take that FWIW).

There are just vibes around the fan base that the team needs more playoff toughness and less regular season skill so he has had a target on his back fairly or not. That being said, his 3.7 AAV contact is very good and he only has a year left on his deal so dealing him should net assets versus other guys that won’t return much so even if you are not on team “small guys suck”, it there is an argument that if you have to move someone out he isn’t a bad call, especially with one of Boston’s to legit prospects being a LD.

Appreciate the info.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah like we talked about yesterday, I'd do POJ for Ullmark with no hesitation and I'd even be willing to add in a bidding war if it came down to it. POJ and a 2nd for Ullmark is likely a huge overpayment for Ullmark based on Boston's cap situation, but I would much rather overpay in that situation (overpaying for a guy who is heavily discounted to begin with) than overpay for a UFA or overpay for a lesser player.

How the Ullmark situation plays out is really interesting for me to see. Just looking around the league quickly, a lot of the teams that both need a starter and can take Ullmark's deal without sending any money out are in the East. I think Seattle is the big exception to this, they can afford to bring in Ullmark even with Grubauer also there.

The teams that really stick out to me as potential landing spots for Ullmark are Detroit, Seattle, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Buffalo. 3 of those teams are in Boston's division and 5 of them are in the East.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As someone who's also a Kraken fan, how would Bruins fans feel about Kartye as the main piece back for Ullmark? Seattle has downright filthy forward depth and I don't really see much opportunity higher in the lineup for Kartye. The Kraken have a downright filthy forward group where I definitely think they could afford to move Kartye:

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Gourde-Burakovsky
Tolvanen-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong
Kartye

I don't think they keep Sprong, so Kartye would have a spot on the team next year, but I don't see any opportunity for him to supplant McCann, Schwartz or Tolvanen in the top-9 anytime soon. Schwartz still has 3 years left, McCann has 4 years left and Tolvanen is only 24 and a RFA after next year.

They also have 3 2023 2nds, so they could make a really competitive offer of say Kartye and Toronto's 2023 2nd for Ullmark.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Donny isn't a double winner general manager for nothing. Hes gonna get serious assets for these 3.

Yeah you're right, obviously Vegas got nothing for Fleury and had to even pay to trade Pacioretty solely because Kelly McCrimmon is just a bad GM.

I'd highly recommend to lower your expectations so you're not disappointed when reality comes.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think it would be easier, and bring back more value to keep Hall and Ullmark, and instead trade Debrusk and Swayman. Either way, I think they have to move 2 of Gryz, Forbort, and Reilly.

Im also probably in the minority that I’m fine to roll with Zacha and Coyle as my top two centers. We played our best playoff games with that lineup.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Yeah you're right, obviously Vegas got nothing for Fleury and had to even pay to trade Pacioretty solely because Kelly McCrimmon is just a bad GM.

I'd highly recommend to lower your expectations so you're not disappointed when reality comes.
I might have my times mixed up.

Sorry, if you saw this before the edit.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Oh damn are they playing games with the salary cap off?

They don’t need to move Ullmark or Swayman. They put 9 million in cap into goalies when they had Rask and Halak so they aren’t afraid of that level of cap allocation. They do need to move someone, of course. But it could be taking a 4th for Gryz instead of a 2nd. Im more bearish than most on what they can get for Ullmark because of the other goalies on the market…and I’m more bearish than most on a Hall return because there are not many teams that can take that salary and I think they will be very accommodating to Hall because he has been such a good soldier. But POJ + 2nd for Ullmark is far from an overpayment. I just think that Hall won’t return much so I personally had no problem throwing him in.

In fairness on MAF…his contract was for 7aav and he was 6 years Ullmark’s senior.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Ullmark is a vezina trophy winner on a decent contract and grez was a plus 40 while hall is on a solid contract for what he brings not worried at all.

I think it would be easier, and bring back more value to keep Hall and Ullmark, and instead trade Debrusk and Swayman. Either way, I think they have to move 2 of Gryz, Forbort, and Reilly.

Im also probably in the minority that I’m fine to roll with Zacha and Coyle as my top two centers. We played our best playoff games with that lineup.
If that's your top centers whose projected to be 1st overall next year?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
With the gymnastics the Bruins are going to have to do this summer, that pick they gave up for Bertuzzi, could be 10-15th overall.

That roster is a mess.

• Haha
Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad