Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I like it. I've been thinking a lot about Duchene today too. I kind of poo poo'd all of the posts about us getting a 1st line center last week but there's been a lot of rumors about the B's looking at centers and talk of Ottawa (Duchy) and Edmonton (Nuge) in particular, and I'm starting to see a way it would make sense.

The biggest slaps forehead moment was remembering that the Bruins were HEAVILY into the Tavares sweeps. So 6 months ago, they had clearly come to the decision that they wanted to add a younger, first line center to this team. Then again early this season they were heavy on Schenn. Maybe all these rumors are just a continuation of that search.

I thought that the way Krejci had played this year that maybe they'd put off that search for another year, but it could actually be the best time to make that play. Krejci will have tremendous trade value coming off a season where he puts up 70ish points with 4th line wingers and scraps for PP time. And there are at least two fantastic talents available in Duchene and Hopkins.

Something else to consider; what if the plan is to put the new guy on the second line and slide Krejci back to 3c? Krejci would be dominant in that role, Kessel-2016-Cup-MVP level dominant. I also really like Krejci and Heinen together, Heinen is a smart player and a good passer and now that he's got his confidence back it could be worth another try.

Great response. I agree with the natural progression of Krejci to the third line and having that line dominate other teams after they've had to put up with Bergeron's like then Duchene's.

I think the price tag on Duchene would be so high that the RW position of getting Nyqvist would be a cheaper option that may pay huge dividends in the playoffs. Both have speed and skill and aren't aging forwards.

If they were ready to give Tavares 11 million does giving Duchene 8x8 seem that far off?

Reactions: PlayMakers

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I'm hoping the Bruins grab him and say 'here's the deal; you have until Pastrnak comes back to prove you can play this season in the NHL. If you don't produce and seem to be learning from our leadership group you are going to finish the year in the AHL and try and win a spot in the fall on this team.'

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
Rule of thumb on prospects....
Which one do you consider a savior?
None?
Then they're on the table.
Every prospect and pick is on the table if it is me. The 1st and a couple prospects I wouldn't give up in deals for rentals. But everything(including most roster players) is available in the right deal.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rule of thumb on prospects....
Which one do you consider a savior?
None?
Then they're on the table.

Sure for example there is no single prospect that I wouldn't deal for Stone. Of course Stone is a level above anyone else who has been rumored to be available.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Charlie is not a prospect. He has played something like 100 games on the Bruins top pairing already. But even Charlie might be available in a deal; although, not for any of the names who have been rumored to be available. Charlie is more valuable

The only time Charlie McAvoy's name should be brought up in a trade is if the other player is Patrick Laine or Mitch Marner; young top ten scorer on their ELC contract like him.

Reactions: bbfan419

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
Less than 100 games in last 2 seasons, not including injuries and under 24?
Example. I don't personally feel Heinen, McAvoy, Debrusk are prospects any longer in today's NHL. More young rookies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He had practically a 3 Mississippi count on a PP to take a shot. People need to not sign us up for that contract because of a PP goal (which is the only time we’ve noticed him so far tonight and the last game).

Thats it. Hes been a weapon on the PP, but the Bruins need help on 5 v 5 not on their PP. Big Pass on that salary and having to give up assets to acquire him, its not like he's still a Free Agent.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If Kovy for Backes+ ("+" not a first or top prospect of course) I have no problem.

That's a win in my books for Kovalchuk and the Bruins. Same contract length and the extra 250,000 of salary cap is easily made up for by his ability to still play in the NHL at a top 6 role.

Don't see why LA does it though unless there's an addition by the Bruins.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thats it. Hes been a weapon on the PP, but the Bruins need help on 5 v 5 not on their PP. Big Pass on that salary and having to give up assets to acquire him, its not like he's still a Free Agent.

I don't know he has been pretty noticeable all game.

As opposed to say Tyler Toffolli, who I think has entered the witness protection program

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

You gotta like Lord's idea though if it was Backes and a B prospect for him though, no?

Reactions: TCB

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

I agree regardless even if our PP was terrible. Giving up assets to take a risk on that contract is something that is nothing short of a gift to LA.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad