Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals - VII - (MOD in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Stone is the number one guy I would go after in free agency. Awesome two way player. Perfect age. Getting him right in the height of his career. Would look great with Krejci and Debrusk. Or Bergy and Marchy with Pasta with Krejci. I doubt Ottawa trades him here with their insistence on trading guys out west but my top target July 1 is Mark Stone.

I wonder though, if it becomes clear that Stone is not going to re-sign, if Ottawa takes the best deal out there. They'd be stupid not to, if the offer is good enough. Then again, sign and trade would have to be the deal, right? I don't want to give up what it would take to get Stone here as a rental.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Oil have been doing well they're not going to make a trade right now. They have been a terribly streaky team the last couple years though so they will nose dive soon enough and maybe that will make Chia panic. He knows that division is pure ass and not making the playoffs by default this year would probably end his job. He will likely overpay for someone just to be sure they make it in.

As others have been saying St. Louis, Chicago, LA are teams we need to be looking at. Especially St. Louis.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Let me make sure I follow:

When you're winning, you don't make a trade because you're winning, so why?
When you're losing, you don't make a trade because you'll automatically lose the trade given your desperation

So when is it fair to make a trade? Do you need to be tying games? Or is "never" just the correct answer.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I wonder though, if it becomes clear that Stone is not going to re-sign, if Ottawa takes the best deal out there. They'd be stupid not to, if the offer is good enough. Then again, sign and trade would have to be the deal, right? I don't want to give up what it would take to get Stone here as a rental.
I agree. I don’t want to give up major assets for rentals. Long term pieces absolutely. They clearly could of got more for Hoffman by dealing him straight to Florida. And rumors have it they were offered more for Karlsson by an east team(Tampa?). To me that is a piss poor way to do business. Take the best deal.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yeah, Nugent-Hopkins isn't available. He might be if we had more than just him, McDavid, and Draisaitl on forward. Defense, especially LD, isn't nearly as big a need as forward. I'd be content to downgrade on D but upgrade on F. Something like:

Nurse + Puljujarvi/Yamamoto
for
Grelczyk + DeBrusk
Not a chance I do that, DeBrusk is not going anywhere unless he is part of a deal to bring in a star player.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Bruins are actually in a similar position to the Oilers. Unless it's a D for D trade, I don't think we're great trading partners.
It is ridiculous to me that a team that has s*cked for 20 years and tanked how many times and gotten the best players in the draft for so many years are light up front. Talk about horrible asset management!

Reactions: Oates2Neely

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I don't believe there's anything to this trade rumor simply because I don't have much faith that Sweeney is actually actively trying to improve the team from the outside, however I don't think such a swap is pointless for either tema given needs.

I think Edmonton is looking for a PP QB and Krug is an excellent one.

I think Boston would be wise to move on from Krug before his next contract, and they are weak at center with Bergeron being an injury worry, Krejci inconsistent and kids TBD. RNH is a valid target if you're going to look for a player who can play quality center and wing in this league.

Reactions: Fenian24

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
The Ducks would add nothing. While Rakell's numbers are down this year, he's 25 years old and has been a 35 goal scorer essentially the last two seasons. But the real kicker with him is his contract, 3 more years after this one on a bargain of a deal (3.8 million per season).

You could argue Krug is the better player, but Rakell's contract tips the scales in the Ducks favor.

Fair point, I forgot he had almost scored 35 goals before and thought he only had one more year left on his deal. I haven't dug into his underlying numbers at all, but given that he plays so much with Getzlaf, I wonder if his goal scoring is a product of that or if he drives play himself (or away from Getzlaf).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Fair point, I forgot he had almost scored 35 goals before and thought he only had one more year left on his deal. I haven't dug into his underlying numbers at all, but given that he plays so much with Getzlaf, I wonder if his goal scoring is a product of that or if he drives play himself (or away from Getzlaf).

That part I really don't know. There are very few teams I see play less than I do Anaheim.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It is ridiculous to me that a team that has s*cked for 20 years and tanked how many times and gotten the best players in the draft for so many years are light up front. Talk about horrible asset management!
Paajarvi 19th overall: bust
Yakupov 1st overall: bust
Eberle moved for garbage
Hall moved for Larsson in what is now viewed as an awful swap.
Chia essentially moved Barzal & Boulevierre* for Griffin Reinhart.

Bone headed move after bone headed move. Signing Lucic and Russel to those deals? Ouch. And yet they were still gifted McDavid and have yet to put a team around the kid.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Welcome to the life of an Oilers fan :(

Reactions: Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Paajarvi 19th overall: bust
Yakupov 1st overall: bust
Eberle moved for garbage
Hall moved for Larsson in what is now viewed as an awful swap.
Chia essentially moved Barzal & Boulevierre* for Griffin Reinhart.

Bone headed move after bone headed move. Signing Lucic and Russel to those deals? Ouch. And yet they were still gifted McDavid and have yet to put a team around the kid.

Not to mention ALL of their other picks. I mean, forget about the 1st overalls. Their 2nd round picks were #31st overall. They couldn't turn one of those into a Carlo, a Donato, a Grzelcyk? Gryz was a 3rd rounder. That's where the real failing for me occurred, be it at the draft table or (more likely) in their player development model.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So seems like Bruins are interested in Coyle.

What Sweeney would need to give? And would you do it?
His stats are very underwhelming. He’ll be 27 in March so he may be in his prime years now. Big boy 6’3” 220 lbs but from what I’ve seen isn’t overly physical. His penalty minutes are low as well. Strikes me as a good 3rd line player.

I suck at proposals so I’ll refrain but I wouldn’t include a 1st, or any of Donato Heinen DeBrusk Frederic Studnika Lauzon Vaakaneinen Bjork.

2nd + B prospect?

Coyle could come in and be Nathan Horton, or he could be Jimmy Hayes.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well, it is said that they are looking for a scoring winger or maybe a C back now that Koivu is injured. So I doubt your mid level picks or prospect will get it done...

Boston doesn't have a scoring winger to give them, unless they want Heinen foe Coyle straight up (and that would be tough for me to make). And Boston certainly doesn't have a C to give them

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Boston doesn't have a scoring winger to give them, unless they want Heinen foe Coyle straight up (and that would be tough for me to make). And Boston certainly doesn't have a C to give them

Not giving out Heinen either. They are not a good match it seems based on what the Wild are looking for.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
https://www.tsn.ca/report-wild-shopping-f-coyle-1.1224447

Russo adds that the Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins are believed to have all shown interest in Coyle, with the Canadiens' interest dating back to previous seasons.

Thanks.

I had heard that as well, but was wondering where it originated.

There was an ensemble movie about ten years ago, "He's Just Not That Into You".

That perfectly describes my interest in Coyle, particularly if it involves a "scoring winger", which the B's need themselves.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
So seems like Bruins are interested in Coyle.

What Sweeney would need to give? And would you do it?
as much as it pains me (because i think jfk is going to be a really good 3rd line center) i do jfk, and a 3rd.. minnesota is going to want more but coyle has not done anything in the 2-3 years to deserve more than that, that being said, i would love to give him a fresh start. with the koivu injury jfk can give them some center depth ..

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks.

I had heard that as well, but was wondering where it originated.

There was an ensemble movie about ten years ago, "He's Just Not That Into You".

That perfectly describes my interest in Coyle, particularly if it involves a "scoring winger", which the B's need themselves.

Yeah, looking for a center and scoring RW. Sounds like the Bruins, hard to see a deal there if that is what Minny is looking to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad