Post-Game Talk: Bruins singing the Blues as they head for Chicago

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Didn't they lose 10 in a row a few years back?

Yes, I joined Hfboards right around then in 2010. Didn't feel right hopping on the bandwagon (as a member of course, been a Bruins fan all my life) when they were good. So I thought a 10 game losing streak was an honorable time to join, hence my name.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I mean this with all due respect, but you're like a broken record when it comes to the NJ comparison with Julien.

I'm not Claude's biggest fan this season, but I have more confidence in him than Chiarelli at this point. If it was my call, I get a new GM in and keep Claude on a very short leash to see if he can turn it around.

Right on, Kate!

I'm there all the way.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I was re-reading some of the articles about why Clode was fired in Jersey. And the thing that stuck out was that the team became too complacent. And we see that with this current roster. A lot of similiarities between the teams. Looks like we're at the same impasse. Feel feel to google and look at a few. Its like looking at a mirror.

The time is up with CJ. It just is. Time for fresh faces, and a new style & system of coach. He's run his course. Its okay to say it. But its time.

Except that team was in first place with a 47-24-8 record when they fired Julien.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
You can't ignore the similarities between what happened in 07 and whats going on now. Call me a broken record, but Lou saw some of the same things we see now. Now is it a concidence? Maybe. But I refuse to not acknowledge it. I think coaches have experation dates. Same with GMs. I dont have confidence in either CJ or Chia. I'd get rid of CJ first if it came down to it. Sure, this situation we're in is partly Chias. But I see CJ's system being redundant, stale, and just not working. Its okay to admit it. I think its time we clean house and go for a different style of coaching. I think it would benefit the current players on the team, and the prospects who at this time dont fit CJ's mold. You thank him for his time and you move on. Like in Jersey, the players lost confidence and the mental state of the team wasnt right. I see the same thing now.

Thank you for permission to admit something that I don't believe to be true, I guess? And Lamoriello is slightly bat**** crazy, so I'm not sure why you're so quick to want to draw the parallel there...other than it's an easy comparison that doesn't necessarily make a ton of sense.

I don't think his system is totally stale. I think there has been a disconnect between him and his system and the types of players that will flourish in it, and the GM. Is he partially at fault? Sure. Has he been maddeningly inflexible at times? Absolutely. Are some of his in-game adjustments, or lack thereof, head-scratchingly frustrating? Yuuuuuuuuup.

But he's a good coach. Chiarelli has made more mistakes than he had had wins...Claude has made some of his own, but Chiarellis vastly outnumber Claude's IMO. If both of them got canned I wouldnt lose sleep over it...but I'd like to see Claude get another look with another GM in charge. With the understanding that he's been put on notice.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I'm not Claude's biggest fan this season, but I have more confidence in him than Chiarelli at this point. If it was my call, I get a new GM in and keep Claude on a very short leash to see if he can turn it around.

This is where I'm at as well. I just wish he would alter his game plan against the Habs! It's like Groundhog Day!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Except that team was in first place with a 47-24-8 record when they fired Julien.

Yes, but they were having problems internally and Lou said they werent mentally ready for the playoffs. They werent playing well and he wouldn't confirm but it was evident the players were tuning out Claude. Criticism about his system was happening as well as. Hence why the comparison. I urge all of you to read the articles that came out about it, and recently about how Lou doesn't regret it.

And Kate, I wasnt saying YOU persay, I meant you as in some of you, can't ignore that there are similar problems happening that were happening with Claude back then. You dont agree that the system is stale, and you dont agree with what I said. No big deal. But the truth is, this problem of complacency has happened with his coaching before. And I personally think its time to make a change. Something you dont agree with. The parallels are there for a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad