Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIV

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Reactions: Gordoff

Babajingo

saw this on reddit. Thought it was pretty funny. I know, I know its not true. just funny.
8rhwrq92pjad1.jpeg

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
any more info on this? or is this the moment to close the book on him?

“I need to figure out some personal and mental stuff first,” Spicer said. “Right now I need to take a step away and figure a couple things out.”

I'm sure he wants to keep it private. They'll hold onto his rights until August 2026 if he chooses to make a return.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He was at camp - watched him because well, he’s Cole Spicer

My main focus was wondering if Poitras was taller since he gets 5’11 and Spicer 5’10

he was interacting well with other players

Kinda paying attention to him since we drafted him my vibe is this really isn’t surprising he hadn’t really got it going like Red Savage or Issac Howard

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are some reports, dont know how valid, that he was declared academically ineligible.

He definitely had those problems academically at midseason. It is possible that they followed him forward. All accounts are he actually worked really hard to try and get his academics in shape. I could imagine that if those problems returned it would be pretty devastating to him. I hope for the best for him, and hope that he gets his head straight and ends up playing somewhere this fall.

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty good but he is still not there on Lohrei

He is going to be top 4 very likely top pair

I expect him to get better

He has forwards mind
Elite size
Big cajones
Playoff experience and passing grade against one of handful of top 6 F group since salary cap era
Dad was a coach raised in environment
InstinctIve
Team oriented

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I don't think Letourneau can be ranked ahead of Merk at this point. Merk should be 3 IMO if you are counting Poitras and Lohrei. If not, he should be #1 IMO

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Letourneau can be ranked ahead of Merk at this point. Merk should be 3 IMO if you are counting Poitras and Lohrei. If not, he should be #1 IMO
Yeh

The anti Merk crowd is something

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
1. Lohrei
2. Poitras
3. Lysell
4. Letourneau
5. Merkulov
6. Jellvik
7. Edward
8. Myrenberg
9. Farinacci
10. Bussi

Other guys I like: Duran, Groenewold, Brunet, Morello, Pelosi, Hendrickson, Gasseau, Locmelis, Walsh and Bavaro.

I'm not high on Harrison. Jordan Caron vibes. Hope he turns it around.
I have Lohrei and Poitras graduated (Monty probably thinks otherwise), Bussi aged out,I'm requesting you resubmit with these changes in mind

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yeh

The anti Merk crowd is something
I'm not anti Merkulov I just don't think he has the speed to be anything other than a tweener

His greatest asset will not be as potent against big long sticked NHL defenseman. Potty is already legit.

I would love to be wrong but that's rare lolollol

• Haha
Reactions: CellyHard

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Holly cow, so he's a can't miss undrafted prospect?

My guess is if the B's didn't have Lohrie to scout and watch during collage Merkulov would be playing in Europe by now.

But in the end he is a free asset that will have his change but I would not be betting the house on him making it as a regular NHL player never mind being the B's TOP prospect.

But the anti Merk crowd does have some ammo
He was mediocre in camp
Was mediocre in 4 NHL games
Saying he was mediocre in camp is being kind, he was invisible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad