Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XIII - Stay on subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Oh, also, I’ll have it uploaded tomorrow for all to watch, but Lohrei came thhiiisssss close to ending the game in OT after hitting the spin-o-rama shot-rebound combo. He did breathe on someone the wrong way though and got a /cross checking boarding penalty immediately after. GB killed it and he went on to do the above in the shootout. Good night for him.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Grandpa taking the kids to school!
Well said, like many have commented before Mason is a 20 year old playing against 17-18 yr olds, in a league that is a notch below the OHL.
I will continue to sit on the fence until I see him play next year at the College level.
Hoping he gets an invite to the Bruins camp next year and experiences playing against pros.
It would great to see him play in the Prospects Challenge the Sabres use to host every year, before Co Vid hit.
I have been to every event and can tell you that if Mason stands out against this competition, we really have something.
During my years of attending, I can remember Cliffy, Carlo and Bjork as players that you noticed on the ice all the time.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Well said, like many have commented before Mason is a 20 year old playing against 17-18 yr olds, in a league that is a notch below the OHL.
I will continue to sit on the fence until I see him play next year at the College level.
Hoping he gets an invite to the Bruins camp next year and experiences playing against pros.
It would great to see him play in the Prospects Challenge the Sabres use to host every year, before Co Vid hit.
I have been to every event and can tell you that if Mason stands out against this competition, we really have something.
During my years of attending, I can remember Cliffy, Carlo and Bjork as players that you noticed on the ice all the time.
For the record when he scored yesterday the players on the ice for Muskegon were 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, and 20 while the goalie is 19. So this whole he is playing against 17 and 18 year olds is completely false.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
For the record, here's the average ages of the leagues:

OHL -17.95 (last years roster as there are no rosters for this year yet)
QMJHL - 18.22
WHL- 18.46
USHL - 18.35 (18.47 if you take out the USNTDP squad at 16.75)
NCAA Div I - 21.28

If we weren't arguing about "playing against 17 - 18 year olds" we'd be arguing that he's "playing against 22 - year olds"

I get the feeling it won't end and we should probably sticky this to the top of each page.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
For the record, here's the average ages of the leagues:

OHL -17.95 (last years roster as there are no rosters for this year yet)
QMJHL - 18.22
WHL- 18.46
USHL - 18.35 (18.47 if you take out the USNTDP squad at 16.75)
NCAA Div I - 21.28

If we weren't arguing about "playing against 17 - 18 year olds" we'd be arguing that he's "playing against 22 - year olds"

I get the feeling it won't end and we should probably sticky this to the top of each page.
A stickied tutorial on how the NCAA works in regards to eligibility and scholarships would also be helpful...

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hey! Your awake

As you know Eric, I'm an old guy with the technical savvy of a marshmallow. It is what it is.

I've asked Anthony to teach me how to make my own videos so I wouldn't have to bother him - not that I would catch on and learn mind you.

waiting.jpg

Reactions: BruinsNetwork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad