Bruins Management: Two weeks to turn this around?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He can say anything but truth is he has NO CAP SPACE.Bruins are not a loaded team where you can move a roster player for a piece you think puts you over the top.Any moves that the Bruins do requiring loss of a roster player is just a lateral move.Chia best sit it out or sell.He waited way to long too.Prices up.He should moved when Bruins were hot in Jan.Teams know they desperate now.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
“Whether it’s Cam or Charlie who said we’re all under review, I understand that,†Chiarelli said. “We’ve had a lot of success here in my tenure and Claude’s tenure. We’re having a down year. It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year.

What about 2010,2012,2014 ? Were those considered succesful ?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
“Whether it’s Cam or Charlie who said we’re all under review, I understand that,” Chiarelli said. “We’ve had a lot of success here in my tenure and Claude’s tenure. We’re having a down year. It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year. But I understand. We’ve got to make things better.”

“I didn’t know it would just keep carrying forward,” Chiarelli said. “I didn’t project that. I didn’t project the injuries. But when they happened, you have to change your projections a bit. There’s a lot of subpar performances. Sometimes that happens.”

“It’s just hard to make a trade,” Chiarelli said. “It doesn’t just happen. It doesn’t happen like that. You need two teams that are willing to exchange ideas, then consummate a trade.

“I’ve exchanged a lot of ideas all year. But a lot of teams are still in it. You have to try and find a fit with teams.

“When things aren’t going well and there’s a perception in the media that there’s a dark cloud looming over our heads, it’s harder to make trades. Guys know when you’re at a disadvantage. When that stuff is out there, it’s very difficult.

“But my job is to make the team better. I don’t have any excuses. Nobody has any excuses.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ss-playoffs/eUcsljgz08vECyn9vq4t5L/story.html

Aka.........dead man walking.....

In another thread, I preached about my dislike for this man. That when he spoke, a little part of me died, every time.

Harvard obviously has some sort of community college extension because he could not have attended the one I see in movies.

Unfortunate we are under review for one year? Since when is failure an option anywhere? You cannot miss the play-offs ever. You don't get a ****ing mulligan. You can't hit reset like I did on NHL95 on my old Sega.

I don't project injuries? WHAAAAAAATTTTTT ? Didn't you just lose Seids last year? Didn't you give up a 3rd round pick for Philly's 9th defenseman that you never used? Again, this isn't NHL2k15 where your six defensemen will all play 82 games.

It's hard to make a trade? How ****ing hard was it to trade Seguin? Didn't seem to hard then? You and your table of baboons had no room for a 40 goals a year regular season player, former 2nd overall, future superstar so traded him IN ****ING DAYS. ...It just doesn't happen? WAS I ****ING DRUNK ON JULY 4TH 2013 ? could swear it happened then. What about this September? Haven't seen a player wearing #55 all season for us. You need two teams willing to exchange ideas? UMMMM HELLO? the ****ing trade deadline is days away...pretty sure there are plenty willing to talk no?

A lot of teams still in it? No ****. But the East has 9 teams out of ****ing 16 alive. You have 7 dead teams there. Did you lose their number?

No **** it's hard to make a deal when behind the 8 ball.. THATS WHY YOU DON'T ****ING EVALUATE ALL SEASON..

Then to end it...I don't have any excuses.... THEN SHUT THE **** UP. You just listed a half dozen of them.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Honestly, because first one has to truly believe one is a big part of the problem.
Im not getting that read from him at all. Zip. Nada.

That scares and pisses me off more than anything.

"I don't have any excuses, but I'm going to give you a few paragraphs of them".

I'm not going to act surprised that a human being is trying to protect his job and defend his work, it's human nature. It's just you expect a guy in his position to be more effective at it. Make your case, complete with excuses, when you meet with the owner. But when you speak where your team can read it, take responsibility and quit whining.

If we look on the bright side, at least he's alive. Has anyone even seen him since the Boychuk press conference?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"Under review for one year."

Yeah, the cap issues are just something that happened this year, right? The Seguin trade travesty just happened, right? The terrible drafting for years is all about this year, right?

I think I could pick up a car right now.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
"Under review for one year."

Yeah, the cap issues are just something that happened this year, right? The Seguin trade travesty just happened, right? The terrible drafting for years is all about this year, right?

I think I could pick up a car right now.

Pretty poor journalism not to challenge him on his prior moves that are leading this team to these results.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
NO CAP ROOM.You guys best lower expectations .Gonna be couple sad years.

GOOD drafting really helps when you are up against the cap, or will eventually be.

PC and his staff weren't so successful in that either (not counting the 2014 draft)

Last edited:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
This bit angers me the most:

“When things aren’t going well and there’s a perception in the media that there’s a dark cloud looming over our heads, it’s harder to make trades. Guys know when you’re at a disadvantage. When that stuff is out there, it’s very difficult.

Yeah Chia, it's the media's fault.. Other GMs were completely unaware of the "disadvantage" until picking up a Herald.. it obviously had nothing to do with the fact that you haven't made a single intelligent decision in several months. :biglaugh:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
GOOD drafting really helps when you are up against the cap, or will eventually be.

PC and his staff weren't so successful in that either (not counting the 2024 draft)

I agree.But I also saw how long Harry Sinden survived here on Cup wins 1st hand. And he was coaching haha .Chiarelli not going anywheres.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
If he was my manager hed be turning over his keys right now before he ****s up even more.

Nah, if you're going to let him trade Seguin and Boychuk then you have to give him more time. You would think that management team had some sort of plan after the Boychuk trade, I think you need to let him finish this year at least.

If there was a time to fire him it was before he traded Seguin, it's hard to do that after a Cup final appearance, but they ahd to be at least on board with moving him out and by them I mean people above him.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
This bit angers me the most:

Yeah Chia, it's the media's fault.. Other GMs were completely unaware of the "disadvantage" until picking up a Herald.. it obviously had nothing to do with the fact that you haven't made a single intelligent decision in several months. :biglaugh:

That can't be a real quote. It CAN'T be. Please tell me it isn't...

How ****ing dense do you have to be to not think other teams are watching you? Like Pete, let's be serious here, you know what other teams are doing, correct? You watch TV? You search NHL.com? I'd freaking hope so, or we are in worse shape than I thought. :shakehead

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That can't be a real quote. It CAN'T be. Please tell me it isn't...

How ****ing dense do you have to be to not think other teams are watching you? Like Pete, let's be serious here, you know what other teams are doing, correct? You watch TV? You search NHL.com? I'd freaking hope so, or we are in worse shape than I thought. :shakehead

I haven't read one thing in the media about jobs potentially on the line in St. Louis if they don't make a deep playoff run this year. But I certainly think that's true, because I pay attention.

To Peter Chiarelli this make me a wizard of the Dark Arts.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Main thing now is he gets a game plan for longterm and utilize it.Do not go all in for a shot at playoffs just to be a 8th seed.Keep them picks and make them count.Hey a Certain player in Tampa a UFA in 2 years ;) jk

TheBusiness

Jul 31, 2014
People complained he didnt do enough to win. Signed Iginla with no cap space and all bonus $. People loved it.

Bruins pay Iginlas $ this year. People are crying about it.

A bunch of Michael Felger's on this site huh.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
People complained he didnt do enough to win. Signed Iginla with no cap space and all bonus $. People loved it.

There are alot good smart hockey people here that are upset.Its understandable.Chia did make a mess .But team owners will let him try to fix it is my bet.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Nope. Those aren't the same people. This is a simplistic reduction of different opinions of different people to make a false point. This is just untrue and dismissive.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

What did he do when his #2 D Seidenberg went down in early december 2013? 3 whole months of nothing.

Same **** this year, only worse. He actually didn't do anything in the off-season either. Didn't gain any flexibility for the 2015 off-season so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad