Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This sums up the HF Bruins Board collective psyche, whenever we play Florida. We really should be charging them rent for the amount of space they occupy in our brains....

Quoted for truth. An unhealthy obsession with the Panthers in some parts here, and dreams of some kind of physical 'revenge' that most likely will never come and wouldn't mean much if it did. The fanbase magnifies their dominance over us the same way the players continue to fall for the same tactics and traps against them.

Fortunately the Bruins don't play them again until January. Need a little break away from that lot. Come at them afresh in the new year and try to do better.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Quoted for truth. An unhealthy obsession with the Panthers in some parts here, and dreams of some kind of physical 'revenge' that most likely will never come and wouldn't mean much if it did. The fanbase magnifies their dominance over us the same way the players continue to fall for the same tactics and traps against them.

Fortunately the Bruins don't play them again until January. Need a little break away from that lot. Come at them afresh in the new year and try to do better.

I think the fan base magnifies/laments their dominance because the players continue to fall for the same tactics and traps again and again.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think the fan base magnifies/laments their dominance because the players continue to fall for the same tactics and traps again and again.

Oh I get the frustration. But Florida gets talked about and raised a lot here even when we're not playing them. That's always a sign to me that a particular team has got into the psyche of a fanbase in an unhealthy way. Obviously the Bruins need to find a way to counter them better, because they're not going away. But there's a bigger picture out there too that I think gets lost sometimes whenever the Panthers come up.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Oh I get the frustration. But Florida gets talked about and raised a lot here even when we're not playing them. That's always a sign to me that a particular team has got into the psyche of a fanbase in an unhealthy way. Obviously the Bruins need to find a way to counter them better, because they're not going away. But there's a bigger picture out there too that I think gets lost sometimes whenever the Panthers come up.

As frustrating as it is, sometimes a team just seems to have another teams number for periods of time. Even if, on paper they are evenly matched.

In this case what makes it so annoying is that they always seem to get the calls and bounces. I mean playoffs 2023 it seemed like they scored 22 goals off double deflected soft wrist shots from the point.

Then there’s their penchant for getting away with cheap shots and then it seems like the B’s get called for every little infraction.

If you broke it down, it probably wouldn’t be as much as we think, but look at today:

Pasta gets bloodied on a hit that will typically get called about 80% of the time….seconds later they get McAvoy and they score on the PP.

Maddening.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
We went through these exact same mental anguish sessions with Tampa a few years back. This isn't anything new. Had the same exact conversations about the coach at that time as well, who we eventually fired and who was immediately snapped up by Vegas and ended up winning a cup in his first year.

End of the day, I think a lot of folks just want to see certain Florida players get tuned for past indignities. I don't even think we care if we win or not, as long as we settle some old scores. Its just a really weird vibe with fans and this team right now.. Lots of emotions running a little too high.

Last edited:

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Pasta getting penalized after they pulled the goalie and Marchand basically getting tossed at the end is emblematic of that game. Two of the players you want on the ice in that situation and they're either sitting in the box or walking down the tunnel to the locker room.

Florida is the new Montreal.
''Florida is the new Montreal.''
Yeah.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Worried about Coyle, worried about Marchand.
Yep Coyle has been awful same as Geekie and Marchand dealt with off-season surgeries, but father time may be catching up to him, as it does with everyone. Right now we have 2 - legit top 6 forwards in Pasta and LIndholm. Need improvements in the top 6 or this team is going nowhere.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Pasta getting penalized after they pulled the goalie and Marchand basically getting tossed at the end is emblematic of that game. Two of the players you want on the ice in that situation and they're either sitting in the box or walking down the tunnel to the locker room.

Florida is the new Montreal.
Montreal Catadiens3.jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
One thing I notice with Florida is that the puck is hardly on anyone stick for longer than 2-3 seconds.

I feel the bruins hang on far too long and by the time they make a play, it’s fully covered or they’re smothered. Poitras got caught a few times hanging on too long. Pastrnak and Marchand too.

The 4th line plays straight line hard working hockey.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Home from what should have been a statement game for the Bs.....and wasn't

When Sway skated out of his crease and got in a Panthers face and the team showed no response, in my gut, I knew this was going to be a L

Florida is a very well coached team- quick on the puck, constant pressure, looking to make plays. By comparison the Bs looked slow, tentative and playing not to make a mistake - the last point is the surest way to come up short in a game

I know some of it is match-ups, some of it is pure talent, but at least a part is coaching - playing not to take a penalty is evident but even worse - a pp that seemingly - and once again- has no concept of what it wants to do

Still very early days- but if Monty was on a short lease to start the season I think it just got shorter.
It was indeed a statement game: here’s the statement: The Bruins got bigger but so far not better in the offseason. Florida continues to be the best team in the division and probably the league. Full stop. Statement may be revised in 30 to 60 games.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Not to put too fine of a point on it but our obsession with whether the black and gold teams gets more pucks behind another team than they do behind us isn’t exactly healthy in the first place. But, you know, it’s ours.

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
It was indeed a statement game: here’s the statement: The Bruins got bigger but so far not better in the offseason. Florida continues to be the best team in the division and probably the league. Full stop. Statement may be revised in 30 to 60 games.
Statement game, they better get their heads out of their asses. Really tough 3 game road trip coming up and they could be easily 2-5 when they get back home

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This season I'm doing away with measured objectivity and just going to make emotional decisions based on gut reactions.

Is Jim Montgomery on the hot seat? On a scale of old broken space heater to microwave pizza, how hot is his seat?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
One thing I notice with Florida is that the puck is hardly on anyone stick for longer than 2-3 seconds.

I feel the bruins hang on far too long and by the time they make a play, it’s fully covered or they’re smothered. Poitras got caught a few times hanging on too long. Pastrnak and Marchand too.

It's either their processing on what to do with the puck or their speed. They seem to be playing very slow.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Florida hockey is dump and chase without regard. In a frustrating yet good way, for them. Bruins should be mirroring this with the new size roster but fail miserably outside of the Kastelic line.

Reactions: BTO

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Pasta gets bloodied on a hit that will typically get called about 80% of the time….seconds later they get McAvoy and they score on the PP.

Maddening.
That's not only frustrating for the fans, but must be super frustrating for the Bruins when your star player gets dangerously hit in the back ...and no call

..then just seconds later you're on the PK, and they score to take the lead

it's very maddening

ae530

Mar 22, 2024
A desperate Colorado team is going to be viscous Wednesday night. Bruins better be ready or it could end up ugly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad