Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Once again, completely incapable of handling Florida's forecheck. The front office would have been wise to actually follow through on their desire to build a faster, more aggressive team. It's no surprise that the only group that plays this way (4th line) has been our best line all season. Sweeney didn't do anything to address this issue in the top 9.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Let’s see where we are by game 10. Lots of work to do but this ain’t the start we thought, defensively or physically. Top 6 for the most part has been flat too.

FLA is the benchmark and right now we aren’t even close to them

They are miles above us, I thought we closed the gap this offseason, nope, they have increased it. Not very optimistic on the upcoming road trip, this team dosen't look right at all.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Call up Viel for Tufte. Even Pederson and Jaffe are amazed nobody pushed back against Greer. A.J. F****** Greer, a human punching bag rag dolled the Bruins. Big and soft is worse than small and soft.

Fire Monty, Fire Sweeney. Bring in real toughness besides Kastelic

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Frustrating to watch them just play right into the Cats hands both games this season.

A lot of lack of discipline with these penalties. Shouldnt be going to the box alone.

Also beating them on the scoreboard is always nice.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You've gotta break up line 2. Marchand is being hindered by his useless linemates.

Coyle needs an IR stint or something, he looks completely lost. And Geekie is a solid third liner with no business on line 2.

Reactions: JCRO and capecodder

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like if we had a coach, he would adjust playing time for the guys that were actually playing good and not have us watch Coyle, Geekie and Brazeau struggling for 16 minutes a night. Kind of like how Marchand should not be on the blue line during power plays.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You've gotta break up line 2. Marchand is being hindered by his useless linemates.

Coyle needs an IR stint or something, he looks completely lost. And Geekie is a solid third liner with no business on line 2.
Coyle needs a new team
Try Lysell over Geekie, Geekie is bringing zero to this line up

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Too many floaters among the so called stars, no passion or desire for the game except for the 4th line. Zadorov is awfully expensive for the amount he contributes.

Really could use a power play QB.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Get McAvoy off the the power play. Get Coyle off the 2nd line. Swayman not on his angles today. Hope that’s just a fluke. People don’t want to blame him but my god. That first Reinhardt goal I laughed.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
They are miles above us, I thought we closed the gap this offseason, nope, they have increased it. Not very optimistic on the upcoming road trip, this team dosen't look right at all.
To me it feels like all those games vs Montreal in the late 70’s and most of the 80’s. When push comes to shove they are just a better team, built to win as you say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad