Rumor: Bruins looking around for a forward...

BudMovin*

Fiddler for Campbell and Caron. Get that 4th line going again. When Fiddler goes to free agency we drop Kelly to the 4th next year (his 3 mill is fine since we'd have Spooner on his ELC on the 3rd line).

member 96824

We're probably going to make the playoffs anyways.. why would a natural goalscorer who doesn't score in the spring be a point of contention?

So back to my original point. Because 1 goal scorer we had struggled in 1 playoff run, we write off every other goal scorer too? No one is talking about reacquiring Seguin, talking about adding a goal scorer.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yakupov looks like he's going to be traded. Edmonton doesn't seem to like him and Yak looks to be pissed off from his benching and how they're handling it altogether.

Really doubt he'd be the type of guy the Bruins would pursue, but food for thought.

We don't have much room for him but thats the player you buy low on. Coming into our locker room would shape him up.

But its HFBoards I don't really want any Edmonton players when you see what their fans think the return should be for members of the worst organization in hockey.

BudMovin*

We don't have much room for him but thats the player you buy low on. Coming into our locker room would shape him up.

But its HFBoards I don't really want any Edmonton players when you see what their fans think the return should be for members of the worst organization in hockey.

I could also see our defensive system destroying him. If he struggles grasping defensive responsibility in the Oilers system, it would be a train-wreck here.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

No worries, fans don't make the trades or sign the checks, and I'm sure that GMs don't consult with the fans (on trade returns) prior to making trades...Only in fantasy leagues.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It wouldn't surprise me if Chia was looking to add some speed to his forward corps. That is the one thing that the B's lost out on big time when dealing Seguin. You see some of the teams in the West (Colorado in particular). They are road runners that the Bruins don't match up well with.

And please stop with including Kelly, Eriksson etc. in trade rumors. That is NOT happening with a team that is in its Cup window. They don't trade their veterans regardless of how much you dislike them.

Regarding McQuaid, if they decide to keep Boychuk after his contract is up, I could see him being dealt within the next couple of offseasons as the younger d-man continue to progress.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
It wouldn't surprise me if Chia was looking to add some speed to his forward corps. That is the one thing that the B's lost out on big time when dealing Seguin. You see some of the teams in the West (Colorado in particular). They are road runners that the Bruins don't match up well with.

And please stop with including Kelly, Eriksson etc. in trade rumors. That is NOT happening with a team that is in its Cup window. They don't trade their veterans regardless of how much you dislike them.

Regarding McQuaid, if they decide to keep Boychuk after his contract is up, I could see him being dealt within the next couple of offseasons as the younger d-man continue to progress.

EDM would actually make a pretty good trading partner for the Bruins right now. EDM needs goaltending and defense. Somehow, the Bruins seem to have a bit of a surplus in the young goaltending and defense department.

I'd totally be willing to give up Subban, Bartkowski, Krug or Hamilton to get a good young forward in return. If there is anything the Bruins are missing right now it's young top end forward talent.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
just wait edmonton out and you'll get something for practically nothing. lowe will give another speech about the time he and messier shampooed each other's hair in 1985 and then announce that he's made a trade for a filler defenseman or signed another goaltender with delusions of grandeur.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
just wait edmonton out and you'll get something for practically nothing. lowe will give another speech about the time he and messier shampooed each other's hair in 1985 and then announce that he's made a trade for a filler defenseman or signed another goaltender with delusions of grandeur.

What kind of shampoo was it again Robert...been a long time since the glory days of the Oilers;):sarcasm:

Your right, there`s a problem in Edmonton, and it`s name is Kevin Lowe

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah, but they have to have something we could actually want/use... :laugh:

Outside of Eberle, Gagner, Yakupov, RNH and Hall there really isn't much there that could help the Bruins and those listed we just won't be getting.

If we could get Hemsky for a 2nd which turns to a 1st if we make cup finals, I would do that... other than that I want nothing to do with the hot mess that is Oilers and their players.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
EDM would actually make a pretty good trading partner for the Bruins right now. EDM needs goaltending and defense. Somehow, the Bruins seem to have a bit of a surplus in the young goaltending and defense department.

I'd totally be willing to give up Subban, Bartkowski, Krug or Hamilton to get a good young forward in return. If there is anything the Bruins are missing right now it's young top end forward talent.

I'd be willing on Subban, Krug and Bartkowski but not Hamilton. IMO he has to much potential. Having said that, I don't share your evaluation of Edmonton as a trading partner and I have made a couple of proposals that included them. I just don't see that "good young forward" that would fit our system.

Kaoz*

But would you be willing to give up something like Subban + Boychuk for a guy like Yakupov? Yakupov scares me more then a little honestly. Now if we were talking Eberle...

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
But would you be willing to give up something like Subban + Boychuk for a guy like Yakupov? Yakupov scares me more then a little honestly. Now if we were talking Eberle...

I feel like we should be talking Eberle, given the lack of RH shooting RWs. I'm not sure how we'd have to fill in the blanks (and my guess is we can't) but:

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eberle
Soderberg-Spooner-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Smith

*Edit, forgot Smith.

Would look pretty amazing. 3rd D pairings would get massacred by that lineup.

I can't see how this would work cap wise unfortunately. Losing Kelly/Boychuk is a bit higher than Eberle's $6m. I believe this would leave us in trouble in terms of carrying 7D and 13F.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I could also see our defensive system destroying him. If he struggles grasping defensive responsibility in the Oilers system, it would be a train-wreck here.

Disagree, it`s a system like this that has the capability to make average D-men/Forwards look good ie: Boychuk/Quaider who, in a run and gun system, would be toast and I hate always bringing up his name but Savvy wasn`t renowned for his defensive prowess before arriving in Boston....this system isn`t easy to learn, but it`s a great system once you get it

And let`s be honest, there hasn`t been ANY system in Edmonton for years

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
We have a glaring need, team speed. We are too slow to push back when teams really bring it. We must have the slowest top 6 in the league. Don't get me wrong, I love our top 6, I just wish we were faster.

I could see Chiarelli looking for a 4th line option. Shawn Thornton has been plain terrible all year and Greg Campbell has been no screaming hell.

I totally agree with this. and I see it also, as with the other night against the Leaf's, there were times when it showed. Chicago beat us with speed, especially from there back end. Tho Pittsburgh, being a pretty quick skating team, and we swept them. Still makes me ponder how we did it, amazing. Again I totally agree with what you said Speed is an issue, especially when teams really bring it and they will!

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Don't get me wrong, we have an excellent team especially when we bring it as we have the previous two games. But I see the way to beat us is with speed, you can't hit what you can't catch.

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
No friggin way do I deal krug. The guy is a stud in the making. Its funny how people bemoaned the lack of a pmd....and now that we have one...let's trade his butt.
Agreed. There is no way I deal Krug or Hamilton, those two are improving with every game. I actually like the way McQuaid is playing this year but am happy to see Bartkowski get a chance. If those three continue to improve, perhaps we might have a different result if we meet Chicago again in the finals.

member 96824

I feel like we should be talking Eberle, given the lack of RH shooting RWs. I'm not sure how we'd have to fill in the blanks (and my guess is we can't) but:

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eberle
Soderberg-Spooner-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Smith

*Edit, forgot Smith.

Would look pretty amazing. 3rd D pairings would get massacred by that lineup.

I can't see how this would work cap wise unfortunately. Losing Kelly/Boychuk is a bit higher than Eberle's $6m. I believe this would leave us in trouble in terms of carrying 7D and 13F.

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Jarome Iginla ($1.800m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Jordan Eberle ($6.000m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Ryan Spooner ($0.760m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Reilly Smith ($0.900m)
Shawn Thornton ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Matt Bartkowski ($0.650m)
Torey Krug ($0.917m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
Kevan Miller ($0.550m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Chad Johnson ($0.600m)
LTIR
Marc Savard ($4.027m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(cap space reduced to account for $875,000 bonus cushion excess)
(estimations for 2013-14 crunched using simulation date of 2013-11-12)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $5,697,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,612,500

Voila!

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Boychuk isn't going anywhere, unless an upgrade is in place. The Bruins can't afford the loss of a dman that can eat big minutes like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad