Pre-Game Talk: Bruins - Leafs, Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
In 2021 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2022 we were up 2-1, lost
In 2023 we were up 2-1, won

So 2-1 series deficit is not a death sentence. Let's see how it goes this time.
Bos doesn't have the greatest history of closing things out.

This should be interesting

Alright...scooped a new hat and T. Ready for the game tommorow night. I hope my 'NO JT ON PP!' sign doesn't get confiscated.
Have a great night.

Congrats on winning the tix

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I saw Brodie might play over Lili. I mean it sucks Lili is out but to the people who say Lybushkin should be out instead need to wake up. Rielly and Brodie should never see the ice together ever again. Lybushkin and Rielly are 10x better togther than Rielly and Brodie. McCabe and Benoit are pretty much glued to each other at this point and have been one of our better pairs and more consistent ones. Also helps they've been paired together the longest. Edmundson has been probably our best defender this series so that's not happening. Lili hasn't exactly done himself any favours but if Brodie is the one coming in then it can't be for Boosh.
Edmundson has been a nice surprise, for sure.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
If they lose this game the fans need to be howling in outrage.

Waffles and jersey's raining onto the ice. Boo's echoing through SBA. Show these players something they clearly lack.

Some god damn pride.

The fans are as passive as the team. Just roll over and take it is what ML$E must mean by making moments. Another snapshot in the big book of memories.

Courtesy of Larry Tanenbaum and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I guess the feeling of crushing disappointment lasts a while. It does for me. Can only imagine what it must feel like to spend all that money on expensive tickets just to watch them lose so many times.

If they aren't gonna put up a performance worth cheering for by now what do they expect fans to do?

Reactions: egd27 and Racer88

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
How many times have we heard this and how many times has that actually happened?

Almost as many times as "Well, we played better last game than they did, so if we keep that up we can win the series."
History has shown us that no matter how much well they play, they still find a way to lose.

Whether it's costly penalties, garbage special teams, the stars not scoring, goalie let a bad one (or two) in, we will find a way to lose no matter how much "better" we played. (And "better" is in quotes because personally I define playing "better" as winning)

In fact, I'd even dispute that the Leafs were better than Boston in game 3. Our special teams were atrocious, their goalie was better, we took bad penalties, our Big 3 managed 1 assist. So what if we controlled play, had more o-zone time and more high-danger scoring chances? If you don't score on them, and they scored on theirs = they played better.

Reactions: fahad203

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If they lose this game the fans need to be howling in outrage.

Waffles and jersey's raining onto the ice. Boo's echoing through SBA. Show these players something they clearly lack.

Some god damn pride.

The fans are as passive as the team. Just roll over and take it is what ML$E must mean by making moments. Another snapshot in the big book of memories.

Courtesy of Larry Tanenbaum and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I guess the feeling of crushing disappointment lasts a while. It does for me. Can only imagine what it must feel like to spend all that money on expensive tickets just to watch them lose so many times.

If they aren't gonna put up a performance worth cheering for by now what do they expect fans to do?
I am not going h to that. I have pride.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
It seems like our series is the only truly competitive one with the 2 most evenly matched teams

Bet this is the only one that goes 7 lol

Reactions: Evilhomer

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
GMFqAc3X0AAd0nv

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I'm guessing we'll see the same lineup with Willy in for Robertson & Brodie in for Liljegren, Nylander added to the left flank of the powerplay, can always adjust & put him up top too.

I'd agree with this, it's on Keefe & co. to coach & get everybody going for a change. There's nothing crazy about Boston they're just a well coached/managed team playing their game.

Hoping to see a big game out of Marner but if it's at least one of him or Nylander, it'll give them a big boost.

Reactions: arso40

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Sorry, do not agree. With Nylander on the 3rd line, either he will face lesser competition, or if Boston has to change their lineup because of Willy, that will help the other lines. It’s a win-win!
No it's not, putting Nylander with two guys who will do nothing all game is not a win-win. They just need to shut down Nylander and the whole line is shut down, The same with the Marner and Tavares line, they just need to shut down Marner and the line is useless.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Good to see Brodie in for liljegren. Liljegren hasn’t been good anough and Brodie should be able to deal with the physicality better. Hopefully he is rejuvenated and can find past form. If he can that pairing with Ed could be solid.
If this is the play, Timmy has to be done in Toronto. The team seemed excited to give him the chance to be a playoff started, and he has not met the challenge. So... what's the point in keeping him? I like him... but I get why it might be time to pull him and move on.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
We got Lucky in 2023 that Vasi was battling through an eventual off season surgery and Point wasn’t 100%.
"The newspaper reported Vasilevskiy first experienced a problem with his back in August and received an injection.
Treatment and a second injection failed to resolve the problem after Vasilevskiy experienced the issue again when he practiced for the first time in training camp."

Vasilevsky was fine, and nobody is 100%. "Lucky" is the absolute last word that can be used to describe the Leafs in the playoffs.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Just had to endure 6 years of analytic garbage that lead to perpetual failure.
Actually, as I showed, you had 6 years of hitting more than the average cup winner.
Analytics really has nothing to do with playstyle. Analytics helped improve us, just as they help improve every team in the league.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Actually, as I showed, you had 6 years of hitting more than the average cup winner.
Analytics really has nothing to do with playstyle. Analytics helped improve us, just as they help improve every team in the league.
Please describe home we have improved. New year same results. Stars disapear, goalies basically crap, PP and penalty kill basically suck but we have improved. Educate me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad