Proposal: Bruins - Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
the people replying “who”? In reference to mason Lohrei, please watch this kid play hockey so u can realize how good this 6’4 poised offensive Defenceman is

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
As a Bruin fan who lives in Winnipeg, I think I know both of these teams pretty well. Seems like Winnipeg needs to change their culture and the Bruins would love to upgrade their 2c spot with a guy who could really be a 1 a/b with Bergeron.

Proposal, Scheifele to the Bruins for Lohrei and a first.

At first blush it seems a little light. Maybe sub Lysell in for the first? Is that enough? Scheifele is a legit PPG guy on a great deal. Am I close in value?
Are you the guys who flys the bruins flag in NK
NK?....North Korea?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't see anything here that would be interesting for a return on Mark S who has over two years of term left on a great contract.

Reactions: Snowman and Huffer

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I have a question for Winnipeg fans that will be taken as a slight but its really just a curiosity. WTF happened to Schieffle like 5 years ago where he started getting beat so badly 5v5. I don't know of another #1 Center type that scores like he does that started as kind of a 5v5 monster that just cratered like he has. Is it system? Is it the failed Kyle Connor experience (another weird 5v5 player)? It's bizarre. What's the deal?

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
I have a question for Winnipeg fans that will be taken as a slight but its really just a curiosity. WTF happened to Schieffle like 5 years ago where he started getting beat so badly 5v5. I don't know of another #1 Center type that scores like he does that started as kind of a 5v5 monster that just cratered like he has. Is it system? Is it the failed Kyle Connor experience (another weird 5v5 player)? It's bizarre. What's the deal?
It's a combination of things. The defense got significantly worse after Byfuglien and Trouba left, and they lost 4 of their top 5 D in one off season. The systems have been terrible since then as well - they were bad before because Maurice is not a good tactical coach, but they had the personnel to mostly cover for it. For the last few years they've spent most of their time chasing the puck around their own zone. As a result of that (plus maybe the ridiculous suspension) he's looked increasingly frustrated and disengaged on the ice.

Wheeler has dropped off substantially in the past few years. Connor is now playing with Dubois. So Scheifele has worse linemates then a few years ago.

He's still perfectly capable of being the player he was a few years ago IMO.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
It's a combination of things. The defense got significantly worse after Byfuglien and Trouba left, and they lost 4 of their top 5 D in one off season. The systems have been terrible since then as well - they were bad before because Maurice is not a good tactical coach, but they had the personnel to mostly cover for it. For the last few years they've spent most of their time chasing the puck around their own zone. As a result of that (plus maybe the ridiculous suspension) he's looked increasingly frustrated and disengaged on the ice.

Wheeler has dropped off substantially in the past few years. Connor is now playing with Dubois. So Scheifele has worse linemates then a few years ago.

TY - its odd right? The points are still there. You'd almost expect some regression on that side too with all that stuff. He's mostly scoring the same, its just the other team is scoring way more now. His ozone talent must be able to overcome the teams limitations but his dzone ability was never strong so it shows up more there. Very weird player to analyze.

As far as the proposal - I agree its not nearly enough. He's be a good fit here but I don't think the bruins have the capital to make it work.

Reactions: Huffer

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

All of that, and IMO another thing the Jets haven't really had is offensive depth past 2 lines. And to add to that, when they lost Little at the very beginning of the season 2 years ago, Scheifele was really the only offensive centre they had. Ideally he should be better defensively, but I think he'd been asked to carry a huge offensive burden due to lack of support.

Reactions: Snowman

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Well, firstly, I don't know what you mean by the failed Kyle Connor experiment. He's on 32 goals this season.

Secondly, he cheats for offence more. He's still a very valuable offensive zone player, he's just not great at preventing chances in his own zone.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Depends how much Winnipeg likes those prospects.

I don't think Winnipeg would like Lohei as a return for Scheifele. LHD is the most crowded position in the Jets prospect pool with ready to play NHLers. Lohei just adds to the logjam.

Lysell would be more interesting, but I think Winnipeg would rather not get another scoring winger back for a top 6C. So you might have to throw in someone like Studnicka.

Reactions: shortfuze

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Carlo + futures is the most reasonable base. But the Bruins best futures are at goalie (Swayman), RW (Lysell), and LD (Lohrei). And like... those are just not the right futures for WPG. Studnicka makes sense, but Carlo + Studnicka + 1st... I don't think that's a winning bid unless the Jets really like Carlo/Studnicka.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
I wouldn’t mind something like Debrusk, Studnicka, Moore and a 2022 or 2023 first witch ever Winnipeg wants for Scheifele with say their 2022 fifth.

I don't think Winnipeg would like Lohei as a return for Scheifele. LHD is the most crowded position in the Jets prospect pool with ready to play NHLers. Lohei just adds to the logjam.

Lysell would be more interesting, but I think Winnipeg would rather not get another scoring winger back for a top 6C. So you might have to throw in someone like Studnicka.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto

Absolutely.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Well, firstly, I don't know what you mean by the failed Kyle Connor experiment. He's on 32 goals this season.

Secondly, he cheats for offence more. He's still a very valuable offensive zone player, he's just not great at preventing chances in his own zone.

I mean they played them together for over 1300 minutes to an xG% of 43.08, which is hilariously bad, and both players are significantly more productive away from each other.

And, cheating on offense but giving up more goals than you score makes you not a very good player.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I mean they played them together for over 1300 minutes to an xG% of 43.08, which is hilariously bad, and both players are significantly more productive away from each other.

And, cheating on offense but giving up more goals than you score makes you not a very good player.

Ah, gotcha. They were good in 2018 but all 3 of them, Wheeler included, bleed chances in the d-zone. This year it's been far more noticeable because Scheifele and Wheeler haven't been scoring much, though Scheifele hit 20+ again last night and it's been better. The issue has been when Scheifele and Wheeler have scored, Dubois and Connor haven't, and vice versa.

Scheifele is still an effective player and he'd get quite a bit in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad