Bruins Interested In Undrafted player: Justin Brazeau

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm all for signing him since he's got size and knows where the net is and how to hit it. I also like his size at
6'6" he is something that we have zero of even if his skating is suspect. He isn't a finished product and we are
really weak at that position so there's that.
The only knock that I have are the quoted/bolded above. HOW can you not care where you're going
and be so obtuse that he hasn't looked at depth charts. THAT is scary stoopid.
I don't think it's stupid at all.

In fact maybe it's confidence

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm not going to argue with you of all people on matters of the OHL. I must ask, why do you think he hasn't been drafted to this point? Not being smart, just wondering why that might be.
I really don't know.

Like I said before I had him ranked in 2016. Maybe no one believed in his potential?

There are certainly no character issues.

BTW the Bruins were well represented tonight.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hearing from my fortunate Ice Dog fan friends watching the playoff series he's skating is turtle like but slick hands.

There is or was a local guy I brought my kids to, Darryl Belfry. He has working with the Kings and training a lot of NHL players at the Ridley Prep School. He had John Chayka helping him on the ice a few years ago.

Brazeau would be nice with Krech who is not fast but knows how to find guys and he could use a RW with size and finish. Power skaters can help a lot, just look at Miller, he has really improved his stride this year.

EDIT - I lost track with Darryl. I looked him up and he is with the Leafs now as Player Development Consultant or Skills coach. Pretty good for a guy that was a goalie in I think Junior 'C' and taught himself to skate and start teaching power skating, after his career. Even doing that in Merritton Arena he was making a lot of cash. Matthew Barnaby drove his kid from Buffalo to attend.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bambi comparison, this was often said about Chara in his early days.
First thing that jumped into my mind as well. I watched Chara quite a bit in person before he made it to the NHL. Even after his teen years he was still awkward on the ice at times. He was gangly, yet you could still see he had some serious potential as he was doing some pretty good stuff for a kid his size despite his relative lack of speed at the time. I can see why so many teams are showing a lot of interest in Brazeau.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sign him. Then enroll him in Paul Vincent’s Skating School or similar.

Battalion down 0-1 in series thus far.
Vincent power skating was in Beverly and when Oates got out of RPI he was up here for the summer before Detroit camp - we all went to same gym and on a 90 degree summer July day we’re heading to my buds family place at Good Harbor in Gloucester. We invited Oates when we were heading out but he had a power skating lesson at Vincent’s. Oates such a good guy - zero sense of importantance

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is this like the Jimmy Vesey thing?

I assume you mean. A player drafted by a team who he is dumping to sign with another org? No Vesey thing here

If you mean a situation where we start to get all excited about a player who might never end up here? Then yes there is a real chance of that

If you mean, a guy who gets a ton written about him as a FA, but who ends up being a minor blip as an NHL player? Well year pretty good chance; although I guess this kid is huge boom and bust, as opposed to Vesey who just became, and eh, decent 3rd line I guess

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

With all the hype I'm surprised he couldn't get a two-way deal. It's also really odd that he would sign with the Leafs because the one thing they have in abundance is RWs. With Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Brown and Bracco all right shots.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Well it makes sense. On a team with no depth at D it betters the chance of playing in the NHL. If you sign with a team like the B's you've got a much harder path to follow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad