Post-Game Talk: Bruins defeat Rangers 2-1!!!!!! Lead 3-0 in the series

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
How can Krug or Bartkowski be pulled from this lineup? Krug has been nothing short of amazing, and I dont pump tires of anyone...same with Bartkowski...I cant say enough good things about them and think they bring a lot more than Ference and Redden. I would still sit Hamilton in favor of Seidenberg though, but even Hamilton has stepped up his game.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
yeeeehaaaa!!!!

Stop the KHL line and we'll hit you over the head with a bottle of merlot!

Awfully nice of the rangers not to show up for their biggest game of the year.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Looking at the Paille goal again, Lundqvist looks down at the puck as it drops next to his pad, then lifts his head and takes his eye off it, and then Paille knocks it in. That was bizarre. I guess he thought a d-man was clearing it?

Eminger "cleared" the puck right to Paille's stick, which batted it in off the post (IIRC). Like with Bergy's OT goal vs. TOR (Gardiner), this one had the help of the opposition's D. That's what happens when you swarm'em :)

Edit: I should say "off of" rather than "right to"

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
How can Krug or Bartkowski be pulled from this lineup? Krug has been nothing short of amazing, and I dont pump tires of anyone...same with Bartkowski...I cant say enough good things about them and think they bring a lot more than Ference and Redden. I would still sit Hamilton in favor of Seidenberg though, but even Hamilton has stepped up his game.

Krug and Barkowski are in until proven ineffective. Like you I think Dougie sits when Seidenberg comes back. Clode will want to pair Chara and Seidenberg again. Hamilton only gets back in if Boychuk or McQuaid get. RH shots. Ference only gets back in if the kids struggle or get hurt. Sorry Andy. Love ya. But, this has been the best our breakout has looked since the beginning of 2011/12.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
This team is rolling right now. Our depth is absolutely beating them right now along with Tuukka having a great series. If Tuukka stays this consistent Pittsburgh/Ottawa will have a tough time with us IF we get to the next round(no jinx).

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Rangers can't forecheck this Bruins defense.

I've seen a lot of Rangers games over the past few years....Guys like Callahan and Stepan usually make a lot of things happen behind the other team's goal. It hasn't happened much in this series so far.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
yeeeehaaaa!!!!

Stop the KHL line and we'll hit you over the head with a bottle of merlot!

Awfully nice of the rangers not to show up for their biggest game of the year.

Yeah, Tortorella must have lost the room or something. Biggest game of the year, and they lay that egg? Even though I was being continually told by McGuire and Co. that the Rangers personify courage, and Callahan is soooo awesome....all I saw was an amazing goalie with a wandering bunch of feces playing in front of him. I've watched them enough to know that they aren't nearly that bad, and I'm still wary of them regaining their form....but they're running out of time, and man oh man that was bad.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can't even believe this is the Bruins...its like they have gone from 3 yards and a cloud of dust to 5 wide. The biggest benefactors are guys like Lucic who can stay moving and heading up ice.

Tortarella said it best in his press conference about how the Bruins get the puck and get out.

I am shocked at what has happened to Boston and that Claude is coaching this. It's got a luck component though- Bartkowski WAS traded, and Krug and Hamilton are only in because of injuries.

The Bruins defense may never be the same- this transition hockey all while playing pretty responsible defense is amazing. Dougie is young and can get burned, but Kurg and Bartkowski have both spent big chunks in major college programs, and then in the AHL- especially the first 40 this year in a lockout loaded season, and seem to be able to 'rush responsibly'.

just shocking to me and really other than the whiney entitled *****es in Pittsburgh, I'm not sure anyone can beat them including Chicago, who I would put as a toss up.

never saw it coming but that makes it all the better in a weird way

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Oh, and I'm going to test the Rangers discipline early Thursday night. Going to bump Henrik and see if his shoulder is ok. See if they call some penalties on them when they lose their minds. We aren't getting any calls. Would be worth a 2 minute interference. You hearing me Looch?

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
anyway....

Thornton - useless!

Why is CJ playing that line in the 3rd down by 1? You win by putting your best players on the ice, not the fribble line. duh! :sarcasm:

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I can't even believe this is the Bruins...its like they have gone from 3 yards and a cloud of dust to 5 wide. The biggest benefactors are guys like Lucic who can stay moving and heading up ice.

Tortarella said it best in his press conference about how the Bruins get the puck and get out.

I am shocked at what has happened to Boston and that Claude is coaching this. It's got a luck component though- Bartkowski WAS traded, and Krug and Hamilton are only in because of injuries.

The Bruins defense may never be the same- this transition hockey all while playing pretty responsible defense is amazing. Dougie is young and can get burned, but Kurg and Bartkowski have both spent big chunks in major college programs, and then in the AHL- especially the first 40 this year in a lockout loaded season, and seem to be able to 'rush responsibly'.

just shocking to me and really other than the whiney entitled *****es in Pittsburgh, I'm not sure anyone can beat them including Chicago, who I would put as a toss up.

never saw it coming but that makes it all the better in a weird way

Since we can't say Thank You Kessel with a straight face any longer. Thank you Jarome?:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad