Boston Bruins Bruins dealing with collapse of longtime operator of Bear Force One

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
One backstage issue has been an issue for the Bruins and that is their longtime charter flight operator collapsed without warning a month ago.

The Bruins are now using a company based in Anchorage for the short-term and the players are not thrilled as seating is not as comfortable but the team is not at fault here.

The Bruins have used iAero (formerly Swift Air) for many years as their big selling point was 737s with only 68 seats. The planes were older but very well maintained and had excellent wifi.

The players enjoyed the plane as the airline tried to staff each flight with the same cabin crew but a month ago they pulled the plug.

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
One backstage issue has been an issue for the Bruins and that is their longtime charter flight operator collapsed without warning a month ago.

The Bruins are now using a company based in Anchorage for the short-term and the players are not thrilled as seating is not as comfortable but the team is not at fault here.
Wow, I didn't hear that about iaero thanks for posting that. They were called Swift Air a few years ago if I remember right. I wonder if they'll just switch to Delta or Air Canada for next season, it seems that many teams are using one or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow, I didn't hear that about iaero thanks for posting that. They were called Swift Air a few years ago if I remember right. I wonder if they'll just switch to Delta or Air Canada for next season, it seems that many teams are using one or the other.

My guess would be Delta who the Celtics use also flying out of Hanscom.

The Bruins and Celtics have been using Hanscom for decades as it works for everyone just like the Patriots use TF Green in Warwick, RI. Only the Red Sox use Logan for charters.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Paging Bob Kraft
or jetBlue

1715302728559.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Call me old fashioned but trying to cut corners on hiring a company that flies your team across the US and Canada just seems like asking for trouble.

It is a huge expense for every NHL team but you can't cut corners when dealing with your most valuable asset - the team itself.

Just ask Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad