Proposal: Bruins <> Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lehkonen is a dime a dozen player. No interest here
So is Debrusk... bht we know Lekh isn't going to cost us 4M+ on his next contract due to his QO

If we want Debrusk we'll just wait till he hits UFA. Bruins can't afford him @ 4.4M$, and will have to let him walk

Reactions: Rass

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Those teams don't trade with each other. I think there's only been one trade over the last ~60 years.
History means nothing here

as a Bruins fan I’ll pass but Gorton & Sweeney go way back and are friends - they traded as Bruins & Rangers

Gorton and wide i uses to see with Charlie Jacobs and his up in Offices

also Hughes was basically part of Bruins family and was over there as well - lived nearby and Bergeron his friend and client and Sweeney, Bradley, Gold, etc they are all extremely close

until this Russian stuff I thought Jack Hughes would end up in Boston - I 100% believe he’s there guy they all know him well

I been going since Belliveau played over there and have my parents seasons since 83 and I see the local college coaches at a lot of Bruins games and the players - a bunch of BC kids were sitting near us who were current or past teammates of Matt Boldy last month watching his first NHL game

Montreal and Boston May be enemies on the ice and competitors off but these guys like Sweeney Gorton Bradley Gold Hughes even Pocket Jacobs are very close off it

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
So is Debrusk... bht we know Lekh isn't going to cost us 4M+ on his next contract due to his QO

If we want Debrusk we'll just wait till he hits UFA. Bruins can't afford him @ 4.4M$, and will have to let him walk

why would you pay a dime a dozen player 4.4?

Because he’s not. Only 34 LWs have scored more goals than Debrusk since he broke into the league. Only 4 have scored more goals in the playoffs(roughly 20th in G/GP for guys who have any decent sample size).

Reactions: wintersej

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Oh sure. Just retain $2m for the next 5+ seasons to get DeBrusk.
I think Montreal passes on your generous offer

I was thinking more about spending 2 million to save 4.5 million to use as you wish. But I'm fine with both of our teams staying right where they are with their rosters and in the standings

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I was thinking more about spending 2 million to save 4.5 million to use as you wish. But I'm fine with both of our teams staying right where they are with their rosters and in the standings
If you retain $2m and the replacement player (who isn’t as good) costs $4.5m. What have you saved?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Well I think the Canadians could use a little offensive help. 3rd last in the league in GF.
Context matters. Have a look at man games lost(as of last week Montreal was over 500 games lost. Boston about 150) and how they’ve been doing since they started to get healthy and had a competent coach.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
If you retain $2m and the replacement player (who isn’t as good) costs $4.5m. What have you saved?
You've saved an opportunity to find a better player the next season. Or the next. Until Gallagher's contract expires at the heat death of the universe.

Gorton wouldn't hesitate a millisecond to hit the eject button on that albatross of a contract.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
You've saved an opportunity to find a better player the next season. Or the next. Until Gallagher's contract expires at the heat death of the universe.

Gorton wouldn't hesitate a millisecond to hit the eject button on that albatross of a contract.
And pay Debrusk the equivalent of $6m a season? No he wouldn’t.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

It will always amaze me how often people will say wrong things on the internet with such hubris.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I might be missing something here, but what trade value does Debrusk have? He has been on a heater in February but before that he asked for a trade and hasn't been terribly effective. Wouldn't a Lehkonen trade be decent value for a disgruntled player who wants out?

Just a neutral fans asking. Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

DeBrusk is a good goal scorer who had a shit year during the lockdown. He has recovered and is a good goal scorer.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

DeBrusk is a good goal scorer who had a shit year during the lockdown. He has recovered and is a good goal scorer.

I get what you're saying, but he did ask for a trade, right? That hasn't changed? I think that a trade request coupled with a poor year last year and a slow start this season (he has been lights out good in Feb) would impact his value in a trade scenario. At least that is what it seems like outside looking in.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I get what you're saying, but he did ask for a trade, right? That hasn't changed? I think that a trade request coupled with a poor year last year and a slow start this season (he has been lights out good in Feb) would impact his value in a trade scenario. At least that is what it seems like outside looking in.

Yeah his trade request still stands. He is better on his natural side and is stuck behind Marchand/Hall. He also had trouble with Cassidy during the lockdown. Its not clear if both or one of those things is driving the request.

It wouldn't be the first time a trade request was heard and not followed through on. See Tarasenko most recently. If nothing happens between now and the TDL, DeBrusk's offersheet compensation would be a 2nd round pick one would assume. So that kinda sets some parameters on value then.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yeah his trade request still stands. He is better on his natural side and is stuck behind Marchand/Hall. He also had trouble with Cassidy during the lockdown. Its not clear if both or one of those things is driving the request.

It wouldn't be the first time a trade request was heard and not followed through on. See Tarasenko most recently. If nothing happens between now and the TDL, DeBrusk's offersheet compensation would be a 2nd round pick one would assume. So that kinda sets some parameters on value then.

Fair.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Lekhonen 24 pts in 52 games
Debrusk 24 pts in 50 games

Lekhonen has twice the work ethic and defensive ability.

Debrusk has a awful qualifying offer. Montreal easily rejects that deal.

Seems like a lateral move at best. You better keep Lekhonen. He's a good veteran and low maintenance guy.

Debrusk is more talented but streaky.

If we rebuild I'd prefer a player closer to 20 years old. No point trading a 26 years old for a 25 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad