Proposal: Bruins <> Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
To Boston:
Artturi Lehkonen

To Montreal:
Jake DeBrusk

Thought it would be an interesting option.

Lehkonen shows flashes of offensive acumen but is generally a solid 3rd liner who can play up the line up in short spells.

DeBrusk fancies himself slightly more than that, perhaps a 2nd line winger but he hasn't shown himself consistently.

Boston gets less headaches with a player satisfied with their role on the team.

Montreal gets (some more) offensive upside?

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Those teams don't trade with each other. I think there's only been one trade over the last ~60 years.
The only one that comes to mind is Eric Weinrich to Boston for Patrick Traverse. Quite possibly the worst player to ever play for the Habs.

Reactions: Dr Danglefest

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The only one that comes to mind is Eric Weinrich to Boston for Patrick Traverse. Quite possibly the worst player to ever play for the Habs.
i think steve begin was traded to boston when gainey cleaned house .

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This isn’t good for Montreal. Lehkonen is an excellent 200ft player. DeBrusk current streak while Marchand sits doesn’t change he value.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Absolutely not. Poor value for the Bruins.

Boston declines that big time

I might be missing something here, but what trade value does Debrusk have? He has been on a heater in February but before that he asked for a trade and hasn't been terribly effective. Wouldn't a Lehkonen trade be decent value for a disgruntled player who wants out?

Just a neutral fans asking. Not trying to ruffle any feathers.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
This isn’t good for Montreal. Lehkonen is an excellent 200ft player. DeBrusk current streak while Marchand sits doesn’t change he value.
Well maybe Montreal could use Debrusk's .53 ppg as opposed to Lekohnen's .35 ppg. I am sure Montreal could use the extra offense.

Streaky or not the stats tell the overall production.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Well maybe Montreal could use Debrusk's .53 ppg as opposed to Lekohnen's .35 ppg. I am sure Montreal could use the extra offense.

Streaky or not the stats tell the overall production.
Lehkonens value and role isn’t based on his offensive production…….any time he scores it’s gravy. He’s a fantastic defensive Fwd that’s very good on the kill. A lot of teams with playoff aspirations and lacking experienced bottom 6 depth will most likely be coveting this guy.

Reactions: Fenris and Rass

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Not interested in Lehkonen, but I continue to stand by my request to move DeBrusk for Gallagher with about 2 million retained. You guys can flip DeBrusk for picks, etc closer to the deadline and save over 4 million in cap space going forward. We get an experienced right winger to slot next to 37 & 63 for a playoff run.

Edit for clarification: I've said this in a lot of places already, but this is only if DeBrusk really doesn't want to be here any longer, otherwise I'd just as soon keep him where he is

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I might be missing something here, but what trade value does Debrusk have? He has been on a heater in February but before that he asked for a trade and hasn't been terribly effective. Wouldn't a Lehkonen trade be decent value for a disgruntled player who wants out?

He scored 25 goals per 82 his first three seasons. He had a god awful pandemic year. He is on pace for 24 goals per 82 again this year. Yeah, some of that pace is from his current heater while being put back in the top 6. I don't think this is terribly surprising.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

At the end of the day the Bruins need the best roster possible. Debrusk even disgruntled is a more productive player. Until this month he was on pace for a respectable 15+ goals on Bruce's bottom six. He has the talent. The Bruins should move on from Bruce and keep Debrusk.

The plan should be to keep Debrusk with Bergeron and have an excellent top two lines. Sweeney focuses on depth when he should focus on high end talent. The Bruins need a 2C or a partner for McAvoy.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Not interested in Lehkonen, but I continue to stand by my request to move DeBrusk for Gallagher with about 2 million retained. You guys can flip DeBrusk for picks, etc closer to the deadline and save over 4 million in cap space going forward. We get an experienced right winger to slot next to 37 & 63 for a playoff run.

Edit for clarification: I've said this in a lot of places already, but this is only if DeBrusk really doesn't want to be here any longer, otherwise I'd just as soon keep him where he is
Oh sure. Just retain $2m for the next 5+ seasons to get DeBrusk.
I think Montreal passes on your generous offer

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Lehkonens value and role isn’t based on his offensive production…….any time he scores it’s gravy. He’s a fantastic defensive Fwd that’s very good on the kill. A lot of teams with playoff aspirations and lacking experienced bottom 6 depth will most likely be coveting this guy.
Well I think the Canadians could use a little offensive help. 3rd last in the league in GF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad