Boston Bruins Bruins announce 2024-2025 logos

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Following its memorable and historic Centennial year in 2023-24, the Boston Bruins traditional team logo will be restored as planned to its primary identity for the upcoming 2024-25 season. Enclosed, please find the Boston Bruins official logo and usage guidelines for 2024-25, inclusive of both the traditional Bruins spoked-B and a refreshed primary wordmark.

The Bruins Centennial celebration will continue into the 2024-25 season with additional programming throughout the fall, including the Bruins Fan Fest Tour and 100 Days of Hockey initiative. The Centennial will culminate with the Boston Bruins’ Centennial Game on December 1, marking the 100th anniversary of the Bruins’ first game against the Montreal Maroons in 1924.

Additional information on these events will be shared soon.

1719414206707.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The 07-23 jerseys were always and still are nice, but I was kinda hoping for a refreshed look coming out of the centennial.

I loved the home/road logos they used (gold B on black, black B on white) on the centennials. Hopefully the next iteration goes with that format.
Perfect opportunity to go with the Centennial logos, but with athletic gold instead of Centennial gold.

Ditch the black socks and burn them in a fire, never to see the light of day again.

Swing and a miss.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
The 07-23 jerseys were always and still are nice, but I was kinda hoping for a refreshed look coming out of the centennial.

I loved the home/road logos they used (gold B on black, black B on white) on the centennials. Hopefully the next iteration goes with that format.
Prior to the introduction of the FleetCenter sweaters in 1995, that was *always* the format (gold B/black spokes on the black/gold uniform, black B/gold spokes on the white).

IMO, the Centennial jerseys were fine - using the 1974-95 template with *a lot* more stripes, but the shade of gold always looked wrong. They looked too much like the Penguins or the Golden Knights and not the Bruins last year.

I'd like to see the reversed logo based on the sweater color return, but honestly, the 2007-23 uniforms represent a pretty classic look (basically, a modernized refresh of the Big Bad Bruins era) and also a run with a Stanley Cup and three Finals appearances - a pretty sustained run of success.

However, the one thing I'd like to see more than anything is the return of the gold socks at home. The Bruins' identity has *always* been gold socks with the black uniforms.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Prior to the introduction of the FleetCenter sweaters in 1995, that was *always* the format (gold B/black spokes on the black/gold uniform, black B/gold spokes on the white).

IMO, the Centennial jerseys were fine - using the 1974-95 template with *a lot* more stripes, but the shade of gold always looked wrong. They looked too much like the Penguins or the Golden Knights and not the Bruins last year.

I'd like to see the reversed logo based on the sweater color return, but honestly, the 2007-23 uniforms represent a pretty classic look (basically, a modernized refresh of the Big Bad Bruins era) and also a run with a Stanley Cup and three Finals appearances - a pretty sustained run of success.

However, the one thing I'd like to see more than anything is the return of the gold socks at home. The Bruins' identity has *always* been gold socks with the black uniforms.
Yep.

Minus the black socks, the current uniforms aren’t bad.

However, the B’s and Leafs have tweaked their looks more than the other O6 clubs. Minus the Rangers getting funky for a few seasons in the 70s, they, the Canadiens, Blackhawks, and Wings have pretty much left things alone for half a century plus.

B’s had the perfect opportunity to use the centennial logos with the simplified serif’d spoked B on the 80s template.

Would be classic and beautiful.

A truly timeless look.

The striping gets swallowed up on the road whites, as others have said.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Yep.

Minus the black socks, the current uniforms aren’t bad.

However, the B’s and Leafs have tweaked their looks more than the other O6 clubs. Minus the Rangers getting funky for a few seasons in the 70s, they, the Canadiens, Blackhawks, and Wings have pretty much left things alone for half a century plus.

B’s had the perfect opportunity to use the centennial logos with the simplified serif’d spoked B on the 80s template.

Would be classic and beautiful.

A truly timeless look.

The striping gets swallowed up on the road whites, as others have said.
That Rangers look in the 1970s got resurrected with the 1980s post-merger Winnipeg Jets (John Ferguson was the GM in both cases).

But otherwise, those teams have basically kept the same look. I don't mind the B's tweaking things every now and then (and the same with the Leafs, although their 1970s-80s look, while modern for the time, didn't really resonate as a "classic Original Six" look). The Bruins' current look (especially with the gold socks) is a modern version of a traditional 1970s design, although yes, the gold tends to get swallowed up on the road whites.

I wouldn't mind seeing a refresh of the 1974-95 look ... especially if the gold Reverse Retro from a few years ago is part of it as a third.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
That Rangers look in the 1970s got resurrected with the 1980s post-merger Winnipeg Jets (John Ferguson was the GM in both cases).

But otherwise, those teams have basically kept the same look. I don't mind the B's tweaking things every now and then (and the same with the Leafs, although their 1970s-80s look, while modern for the time, didn't really resonate as a "classic Original Six" look). The Bruins' current look (especially with the gold socks) is a modern version of a traditional 1970s design, although yes, the gold tends to get swallowed up on the road whites.

I wouldn't mind seeing a refresh of the 1974-95 look ... especially if the gold Reverse Retro from a few years ago is part of it as a third.
Yep.

I lurk on Chris Creamer’s Sports Logos forums.
Love uniform talk. This is my passion.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Meh, I liked the look of the centennial jersey's better

View attachment 887615

The centennial jersey just looks so clean. Its to bad they could just swap out the gold from the centennial and replaced it with the gold they typically wear
Too many outlines on the modern spoked B.

Looks good at center ice when it’s very large, but when viewed at a distance or as a sweater crest, it looks muddled and brown instead of crisp.

Reactions: Gordoff and ON3M4N

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Too many outlines on the modern spoked B.

Looks good at center ice when it’s very large, but when viewed at a distance or as a sweater crest, it looks muddled and brown instead of crisp.
I agree. The centennial one was so clean. Huge upgrade.

The current jerseys are solid but I'd like them to switch it up a bit. Maybe in a couple years they'll go back to the cleaner logo and bring back the yellow socks.

Reactions: BB79

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
the yellow also doesnt match the rest of the jersey on the versions reebok and adidas sold, looked orange.
I’m a bit surprised Fanatics didn’t do much to tweak the Adidas template.

The shoulders don’t have the waffle effect, but this would have been the perfect opportunity to fix the god awful collars.

B’s don’t look too bad, but some teams like the Islanders are awful.
1719512104340.png

1719512178812.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad