Post-Game Talk: Bruins 0ver Kings 2 - 1 in overtime.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Come on man. Who on earth would suggest that?

My point is that if someone wants to bitch about Pasta’s shortcomings then their expectations are silly.

If Pasta isn’t good enough for you as is, you ask too much.

Of course you can always you can just hold your breath for a decade or 5 for another Bobby Orr or Sidney Crosby type to walk through the door.

Thanks Dom. You read my post exactly how I intended.
Pasta us pasta but we can hope he keeps trying to improve his overall game

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Come on man. Who on earth would suggest that?

My point is that if someone wants to bitch about Pasta’s shortcomings then their expectations are silly.

If Pasta isn’t good enough for you as is, you ask too much.

Of course you can always you can just hold your breath for a decade or 5 for another Bobby Orr or Sidney Crosby type to walk through the door.

Thanks Dom. You read my post exactly how I intended.

Apologies if I misread your post.

But the shortcomings in Pasta's game are things that can be improved on. Many young, offensively gifted players (Crosby included) improved their defensive game. They also learned to cut down on risky offensive plays to enhance their game. Pasta is in his 11th season and has not seemed to even try rounding out his game.

That said, perhaps you are right. At this stage maybe we shouldn't expect any improvement. It's OK if he's only good for scoring game winning goals.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Actually, Frederic can play all three forward positions, but has been used primarily on the left. Heck, no one though DeBrusk could play right wing, but he did.

Debrusk did, but not nearly as well as he played the left wing. Bruins were short on the right side, loaded on the left. It was an unfortunate necessity at the time.

Frederic should be used strickly as a left wing, in my opinion. Playing the off wing is a European thing and needs a different skill set from Freddy's.

I don't think he is saying that at all.

Could be that I am reading it entirely wrong though.

That's why I asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad