Post-Game Talk: Bruins 0ver Kings 2 - 1 in overtime.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
Personally, I think Charlie Coyle should ask for 12 million a year.
He is after all, the number 2 goalie in the league in GAA and SV% according to sportsnet

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 21-05-41 NHL Stats - Sportsnet.ca.png

Reactions: nORRis8

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not sold on Frederic as long-term top 6 potential, and I prefer him on his natural left, but for sure I'd have no problem giving this a try. If he flourishes great, if not no harm done.
Honestly fair assessment, I think it's worth a try over Geekie though at the very least. If it doesn't work no harm done

I wanted them to give him a solid line 2 shot in preseason but I'll be devil's advocate and say do you want him on line 2 being okay or do you want him on line 3 being dominant? I really like what Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau bring as a unit. Line 2 becomes more of a shutdown checking line. I can see the logic in that too.
I just want line 2 to be better than they are currently with Geekie. I get what you're saying, but if he can be a complimentary piece on line 2 I think it makes the entire lineup a bit more balanced. Let Geekie take the easier matchups with Brazeau and whoever else. Unless you're convinced with Freddy as a center then keep him line 3

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Anyone see anything about a jersey leak for the 100th Anniversary?
The Kings Gretzky era jerseys were excellent today.

Our garbage yellow shoulder jerseys looked awful in comparison. Yellow shoulders need to be shelved for a decade or two.

They need to go to last year's jerseys but not with some tacky stripper mardi gras gold proper Bruins yellow gold.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Last thought before moving on ... whatever the line combinations end up being - at the very least, separate Marchand from Coyle.

I can't help but feel Marchand's production is being hindered with Coyle as his center.

Marchand deserves to play with a center that has natural offensive creativity.

As others also have stated I too would like to see
Marchand Poitras Frederic ... for at least five games to see what would come of it.

I don't care if it is called the 2nd or 3rd line as long as the player combinations work; deployment and how the lines are used is up to the coach.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
4 out of 6 points is awesome considering how awful some of our key players have been.
Marchy
Pasta (DON'T LET THE 3 GOALS FOOL YOU, HE'S BEEN HORRIBLE SO, FAR)
Coyle ( He's been fighting it, at least he's trying)
Korpi (like it or not a goalie is always gonna be key)

The good news is we've had more than our share of players stepping up like

Poitras
E,Lindholm
Kastelic
Zacha has been good
Beecher is the most ready to play on the team
Swayman looked like he didn't miss camp at all.

If I'm the coach I keep putting the lines in the blender.

PP needs to try different things. Right now status aside I take both Marchy and Mac of the PP or at least give them line 2PP.
Put Potsy and Lohrei with Pasta , E. Lindholm and Zacha .

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Glad to see Sway earn his contract and totally close the book on that situation.

Poitras maybe best forward and excellent at the end. Pasta clinched it.

Carlo f***ing sucks and needs to be traded. I wanted to vomit in my beer when they played an interview with him about how special it was to score a goal in a series we lost right after he reproduced. Please use him to get a 25-30 winger for Matty on the second line. Marchand is washed up at this point and a bottom 6 energy guy we need a decent 2nd line winger desperately.

Glad I went in last minute to see buds and glad Swayman can set his sights on the Vezina.

Not as good as Patrice but yeah Lindholm is a similar player.

He was much better Thursday but today he was still in the right places. Very good get.

I know Zadorovs penalties have been killers but I thought they were horrendous calls. I guess when your that big your a target.

You should probably stick with your EA nhl video games.

• Haha
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
4 out of 6 points is awesome considering how awful some of our key players have been.
Marchy
Pasta (DON'T LET THE 3 GOALS FOOL YOU, HE'S BEEN HORRIBLE SO, FAR)
Coyle ( He's been fighting it, at least he's trying)
Korpi (like it or not a goalie is always gonna be key)

The good news is we've had more than our share of players stepping up like

Poitras
E,Lindholm
Kastelic
Zacha has been good
Beecher is the most ready to play on the team
Swayman looked like he didn't miss camp at all.

If I'm the coach I keep putting the lines in the blender.

PP needs to try different things. Right now status aside I take both Marchy and Mac of the PP or at least give them line 2PP.
Put Potsy and Lohrei with Pasta , E. Lindholm and Zacha .
Nonsense!

Reactions: nORRis8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad