Post-Game Talk: Bruins 0ver Kings 2 - 1 in overtime.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Swayman is an absolute stud. The fact he turned in this type of a game with no camp is a testament to his all world ability

Poitras makes the team have another dynamic. He will be the 2C if he stays healthy all year. Would like to see him center Marchand and Brazeau tbh. Freddy-Coyle-Geekie could be a top shut down third line.
I wasn’t worried about Swayman getting scored on at all all game. So confidence-inspiring. And he’ll only get stronger too 😁

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Woo!

Great to see the kids out there for that OT goal. Their games aren't fully formed yet, but the skill and vision and moxy are there. Great plays and great finish by Pasta.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Impressed with the defensive effort.

Peake was really good today. Stays within himself, plays physical and works hard.

Even before the GWG, I was going to mention how good Poitras looked. So many subtle and clever little plays to keep possession or set a play in motion.

If they can get to the point where he or Frederic can play on line 1, I’d love to see Zacha center line 2 and Coyle where he excels centering line 3.

Just think the offense would be more evenly spread out that way.

Now…play 10-15% better on Monday and get a win vs. Florida!
Just put Poitras and Frederic on line 2 with Marchand.
Or move Marchand up to line 1 and move Zacha down to line 2 wing with Poitras and Frederic
But please please move Coyle to line 3.
Also, move Geekie down a line he takes way to long to get a shot off.
It is very evident Marchand carried Coyle last year and Marchand's production suffered because of it. Look at Coyle's winger's production the over years very - meh. Coyle is where winger's production goes to die.
I like Coyle's game but I don't want him in the top six now that we have options.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Sway calms everything down, he reminds me of how I felt when Tuukka was in net. Our Bruins have been spoiled over the years with the elite goaltenders coming through.

Loved the big hits, this game felt more physical to me. Zadorov coming in to defend McAvoy was great to see.

The kids are good, and Monty having confidence in them is huge. It should be a fun season. The chemistry is coming along.

Thanks Pasta, once again!

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The team really needs Coyle to pull his head out of his own a**
Colye is a very good possession player protects the puck very well but has no offensive creativity. He does not belong in the top six. A fill in for an injury short term sure, but not a long term solution.

Reactions: lopey

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I would have started Matthew in Providence to heal the shoulder fully and test it in game action.

Also, shake off rust; continue to learn how to play against men who are physically stronger and bigger; and work on getting rid of the puck before a hit, especially a late hit, even when his instinct is to hold on to it in service of making a play.

There it would have been no shame in that, and if he needs to go down to PRO for those reasons going forward, there's no shame in that either. He's 20 years old.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Kings played a very good game - they were putting pressure on Bruins entire game no room, force errors

Poitras good

Swayman was spectacular. Can’t believe they got him for only $8.25 m

Yes exactly

The master Neely move!

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I would have started Matthew in Providence to heal the shoulder fully and test it in game action.

Also, shake off rust; continue to learn how to play against men who are physically stronger and bigger; and work on getting rid of the puck before a hit, especially a late hit, even when his instinct is to hold on to it in service of making a play.

There it would have been no shame in that, and if he needs to go down to PRO for those reasons going forward, there's no shame in that either. He's 20 years old.
I completely agree with the reasoning, but unlike the other kids trying to become NHL Bruins, Poitras is forcing Boston's hand to keep him in the lineup.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Poitras is too good to be sent down.

The ahl is also just as violent if not more violent. Lots of fringe tough guys in the ahl. Sending him to the ahl to prevent an injury doesn’t make any sense to me.

I think sending this kid down would be criminal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad