Proposal: Brown at 50% to Pittsburgh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I don't see Brown ever requesting to leave.He has had plenty of opportunities to leave knowing the Kings are rebuilding.I just dont think he wants to go to Pittsburgh.Kings management and ownership expect Brown to retire as a King.

Entirely possible. But if he's moved, I'd want the Pens in on it.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Are we talking rob brown and does he come with or without a mullet?

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
As much as I agree with the notion that Sid and Guentzel need a physical guy who will get to the net and win some battles, I am leery of that guy being a 37-year old who seems to me to have slowed down a lot. Literally.

One could hope for the same kind of rejuvenation we've seen from Carter of course, and in that case he makes sense, but Carter's skating wasn't in question.

End of the day I'll be down for getting him if the cost is limited. He would be a warrior when the playoffs roll around and if he didn't pan out with Sid, then the kind of "get to net and get your nose dirty" style will be welcome up and down the lineup also.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
As much as I agree with the notion that Sid and Guentzel need a physical guy who will get to the net and win some battles, I am leery of that guy being a 37-year old who seems to me to have slowed down a lot. Literally.

One could hope for the same kind of rejuvenation we've seen from Carter of course, and in that case he makes sense, but Carter's skating wasn't in question.

End of the day I'll be down for getting him if the cost is limited. He would be a warrior when the playoffs roll around and if he didn't pan out with Sid, then the kind of "get to net and get your nose dirty" style will be welcome up and down the lineup also.

As a kings fan one of the many things people were saying about Carter was his skating was gone. We were told since his skate slice injury he lost a few steps.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pittsburgh still has no idea what they are doing . Too good to fire sale amd not good enough to truly compete. With Jake going down there may be more pressure to get some help up front but don't expect much.
Malkin isn't going to have much impact coming back in a month or so the door may open to a move .
Brown at 50 percent gets a 3rd at best or a B grade prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad