Proposal: Bros Before Foes (edited): OTT + CGY + ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Only if both brothers accepted…and I’d rather have Keller than Matthew

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Show your work...

Tell me the team that trades for Tkachuk without an extension and what they'd be willing to give up... be specific with the names of prospects/players going the other way

Since I don't profess to be an expert on all 32 teams, I'll decline.

I will say though that if there was a "Matthew Tkachuk value/auction" thread I would expect you would receive a close enough offer from fans of teams who think they might at least have a shot of convincing him to stay after playing out the two years.

Equivalent return to Duchene would be the following from a team who expects to make the playoffs.

1. A top ten protected 2022 1st round pick
2. A 50-60 point F who is 27yo or younger, and is either signed with term or willing to sign an extension
3. A player recently drafted as a late first/early second rounder
4. A third round pick
5. A cheap salary dump ($1.35m x 2)

The guys you have included in this thread from Arizona fit the bill for #2 on that list. Guys like DeBrusk, Greenway and Trochek do too, but I would not say I understand at all whether those teams would be interested in parting with the other assets or whether they would have the cap space to make a $9m QO to Tkachuk next June.

As others have said, it's probably not a fit for Ottawa for other reasons (depth at LW, culture, other high cost RFAs upcoming) but the cost/value above would be a fair ask. Also - they couldn't make a package like above without including one of Norris/Pinto, and that is a showstopper. Best equivalent package for Tkachuk from Ottawa would be 2022 1st round pick (top ten protected), Nick Paul (signed to extension), Ridly Greig, 3rd, MDZ. Yes - I know Nick Paul is not a 50 point player, but he is a good one so this is as close as they could get, plus they don't expect to be a playoff team so the pick carries a little more expected value than the one that was traded for Duchene. Again - that's fair value, but I'm not sure either team would pull the trigger on that.

Last edited:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Only if both brothers accepted…and I’d rather have Keller than Matthew
Seriously? Keller needs to get a whole lot better not to be counted as negative value. These boards never cease to shock me with the level of hockey knowledge.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
How much money should Ottawa spend on LW? After extending Stuetzle and trading for MT...30% of the cap? Seems like a lot no?

Also, do you come up with the pun or the trade first?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Seriously? Keller needs to get a whole lot better not to be counted as negative value. These boards never cease to shock me with the level of hockey knowledge.
Relax...it's Brady's team we don't need to bring in his big brother to mess with the chemistry. These boards never cease to shock me with the level of social dynamic knowledge

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's certainly possible Gustavsson is ready to emerge a legit starter, but if not, Ottawa's goaltending situation doesn't inspire much optimism...
Problem is the D core not the goaltending. Running with both Zaitsev and Brown in the lineup all year long is going to negate any transition game when they are on the ice. Ottawa wont be a bottom feeder but likely is in the meaty middle finshing somewhere around 20th overall.

I dont think Matthew wants to be in Ottawa, it was pretty obvious him and his dad were trying to get Brady to take a bridge deal only. Was really obvious in Bradys interview on Thursday when he mentioned how happy his mother, sister and grand parents were with the contract. No mention of his father or brother. Starting to think he is a little different than them, which to me is encouraging from a stability stand point.

Id love for the sens to get Matthew but I just dont think blowing up what they have to do it is worth it. Team is growing together. They also cant afford to give up a center as they only have Norris and Pinto. So it would have to be the Formenton, 1st, Paul/Brown deal which I dont think Calgary would do either.

If Ottawa is trading away their first its in a package for a stud center.

They don't need another winger, even if his name is Tkachuk.

Also your trade proposals are awful
Really wasnt that bad at all no need for that last sentence. Whats the point of a message board like this if you cant discuss these things.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Problem is the D core not the goaltending. Running with both Zaitsev and Brown in the lineup all year long is going to negate any transition game when they are on the ice. Ottawa wont be a bottom feeder but likely is in the meaty middle finshing somewhere around 20th overall.

I dont think Matthew wants to be in Ottawa, it was pretty obvious him and his dad were trying to get Brady to take a bridge deal only. Was really obvious in Bradys interview on Thursday when he mentioned how happy his mother, sister and grand parents were with the contract. No mention of his father or brother. Starting to think he is a little different than them, which to me is encouraging from a stability stand point.

Id love for the sens to get Matthew but I just dont think blowing up what they have to do it is worth it. Team is growing together. They also cant afford to give up a center as they only have Norris and Pinto. So it would have to be the Formenton, 1st, Paul/Brown deal which I dont think Calgary would do either.

Really wasnt that bad at all no need for that last sentence. Whats the point of a message board like this if you cant discuss these things.

Would Stralman be an upgrade in Ottawa for this season? He's a 35 year RD on an expiring contract with a 5.5 million dollar salary...

He could be included in the proposal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad