Confirmed with Link: Brock Faber extended (8 years x $8.5M AAV)

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Don’t think it will be an issue with this one but at this point every contract Guerin will give will have a NMC it feels.

Overall I am happy about this though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good, hoping the offense can continue to develop, but should still be a good deal if he can maintain his play from last year

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Definitely risk/reward on this. If his rookie year was an aberration to what he is, look out. I certainly have doubts on if Faber can put up 40+ consistently, but will remain optimistic he can.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The number of defensemen in the league that will put up points regardless of the team is incredibly small, and they're not this cheap. As long as the team is offensively competent, then I don't have much doubt that he'll be offensively involved.

However, I do think that if Buium is what we hope he is, that'll eat into Faber's PP production. But an awesome defensive player that has top 30ish ES production is still well worth the money. For reference, there was a 4-way tie for 29th in ES defenseman scoring with 30 points.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Correct, but that's the entire point of having him at such a nice deal.
Usually I find that when I calculate the average of a data set, there are some data points above the average, and some below.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Correct, but that's the entire point of having him at such a nice deal.

That was my whole point about weaponizing his contract in bringing in outside talent, maybe even on a slight overpay.
It’s not really weaponized given the contracts that have been handed out to less than ideal players.

Ek being at $6-7M wouldn’t have broken the camel’s back in signing Faber. It’s the other deals that have been done that would have. Particular Zucc, Foligno, Trenin and Middleton. Fleury too if Wallstedt is ready.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Seems like a nice deal. A little richer than guys like Filip Hronek and Noah Hanifin, but should age well as he improves in all aspects.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Imagine if someone told us Faber would be making more than Fiala just 3 years after the trade? That would have sounded too outlandish to be true.

Not that I'm complaining, I like these gambles Guerin takes with younger core players.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Imagine if someone told us Faber would be making more than Fiala just 3 years after the trade? That would have sounded too outlandish to be true.

Not that I'm complaining, I like these gambles Guerin takes with younger core players.
I’d rather he gamble on young players and/or elite talent than not!

Reactions: BagHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad