Proposal: Brock Boeser or JT Miller for Noah Dobson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
In what was supposed to be a cup contending season the Islanders are at risk of having everything hit the fan. They simply dont have enough scoring in their lineup.

Currently the Islanders have the 5th worst record in the entire NHL ( winning percentage)

They have scored the least amount of goals, yes i know theyve only played 17 games.

but in comparison, check out these teams that have played almost similar amount of games.

Islander 17 games- 32 goals

Bruins- 18 games - 56 goals
New Jersey- 19 games- 57 goals
Columbus- 19 games- 67 goals
Dallas- 19 games - 53 goals

So lets get some scoring in NYI.

Would there be a trade that would interest Isles fans in obtaining Brock Boeser or JT Miller in return for Noah Dobson.

Would there be draft picks that would need to be included to even it out?

Van can retain salary or take in salary with high AAV as long as it doesnt have term in the contract.

Van can also package a RD along with Boeser or Miller to give depth to the Isles Right Side as they would be losing Dobson.

Myers
Hamonic
Poolman
Burroughs
Brad Hunt
Woo

Some info on Boeser and Miller .

Boeser

-Boeser is RFA after this season
-lethal shot, very cerebral offensively
-lacks explosiveness or dynamic in his game
- Would probably be a 30-40 goal scorer playing with Barzal on top line

Miller

-28 yrs old
- 5 mil per year for this year and next year
- Swiss Army Knife for Vancouver
-Centre, Wing, PP, PK
- Leading Scorer
- 138 pts in his last 145 regular season games

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
No chance islanders do this. Both Vancouver wingers are very good but neither are locked up long term to good contracts, and dobson looks like he may turn out to be a top pair d in the next few years. Miller and boeser would both recieve big packages of picks and prospects, but not a high end young defenseman.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don't see the Islanders moving Dobson for only 1.5 guaranteed years of Miller or 2.5 guaranteed years of Boeser.

But a defenseman like Dobson ought to be what the Canucks seek if they decide to trade either player. Maybe closer to the deadline a team may be willing to go all-in for a playoff push.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No chance islanders do this. Both Vancouver wingers are very good but neither are locked up long term to good contracts, and dobson looks like he may turn out to be a top pair d in the next few years. Miller and boeser would both recieve big packages of picks and prospects, but not a high end young defenseman.

Not that I advocate the trade from the Islanders perspective, it's kind of exactly what Vancouver needs though, but Boeser is RFA at seasons end, so there is still team control.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Pretty much. If the Isles think that Dobson has a shot at being a young, 6'4 top pairing defenseman, there is zero chance they're moving that sort of potential for a good but not great winger. You only move someone like Dobson for an equivalent caliber centre (if you have a need at centre, of course).

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Lmao you’re clueless then.

This is a very realistic possibility.
the Isles are living on LTIR ...they are over the cap otherwise, and Dobson is a cheap young potential Stud D.
I like J.T. but, the Isles already had the better J.T. and couldnt keep him, losing a lesser one in a year would be even more painful.
Boeser is an often injured rental, who has never lived up to his hype/potential.
...so, i think I'm not the clueless one here.
The only place its realistic is in a hockey pool.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
the Isles are living on LTIR ...they are over the cap otherwise, and Dobson is a cheap young potential Stud D.
I like J.T. but, the Isles already had the better J.T. and couldnt keep him, losing a lesser one in a year would be even more painful.
Boeser is an often injured rental, who has never lived up to his hype/potential.
“Often injured rental” bahahahah. Yeah we’re done here :laugh:

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021

Boeser has had some injuries sure, but how is he a rental?

He is 24 yrs old and still only RFA eligible after this year.

Saying a 24 yrs old "has never lived up to his hype" is also a bit premature

especially since he had 29 goals in 62 games his rookie year and 23 goals in 56 games last year to book end his career thus far.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
It makes no sense for the Isles to move Dobson let alone for a winger.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Even if the Isles return to last year's form, they are not going to make the playoffs, not when they are this many games down in that division. You'd need 100 pts to get in.

So keep your young studs like Dobson, take your high pick, and focus on next year.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Just for the record, their primary roster is not due to trading Boychuck and with Komarov leaving. They are a little high against the cap right now... but that's due to players filling in for COVID Protocols.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not saying the Isles should/would do this but I must have missed when Dobson's value skyrocketed.
Are we still valuing the guy based on draft expectations?

Pretty normal for people to still do that for defenseman considering how long it takes them to develop. If you don't you end up trading guys like Chara, Spurgeon, Redden et al...way before you should.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This would work for both sides:

To NYI: Brock Boeser, Palmu, Hunt, Chaisson and 2024 4th

To Vancity: Dobson, Wahlstorm and 2022 3rd

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

fair enuf, but I don't see VAN bailing anyone out by taking less.

Would Isles do it for either if an extension a la Pageau were negotiated and in place, effective immediately after a deal?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If Dobson were available, Buffalo has plenty of 1st rounders, young wingers, Victor Olofsson, and whatever else you want Lou.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT

no your clueless, you could then trade both players for multiple picks and prospects and be way further ahead. Sure your not wrong about the cap, the value is so over the top you take it and run and figure it out later.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Pretty normal for people to still do that for defenseman considering how long it takes them to develop. If you don't you end up trading guys like Chara, Spurgeon, Redden et al...way before you should.

I get it, which is why I don't know why the Isles would consider trading the kid, but value wise, he isn't near the other players mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad