GDT: Broadway vs Raleighwood, game 3 7pm, TNT

StrmSurge

RBA sucks!
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
RBA IS A BUM (as a coach.) 80% of the humiliation is on him.

"Powerhouse opponent." Lol, we've consistently beat them at 5 on 5 all series.

Sir Rod cannot adjust. The Rags have big bodies and long sticks. Ok, 3 games in and no adjustments to the PP , the PK or the general 5 on 5 offensive scheme.

We have better skaters, faster skaters, more agility. A good coach doesn't fail to take advantage of our positives for an entire series.

I know I know.. it's sacrilege to you homers, it's like deja vu for my Dolphins and extension of Tua. The fanboys can't accept that this QB will never be top 10. Now I'm about to face the same torture with my hockey team.

Wuh wuh, well... He was a great player here and has an impressive regular (who cares) reg season record. You cant criticize him even if he gets swept out every other season come playoff time, and we fans get unlimited amounts of embarrassment.

Well like the TuAnon fan boys I take on as a Dolfan, as a Caniac I will name the problem, damned the consequences.

This guy doesn't make adjustments hes just a cheerleader.

Reactions: Slapshottothehead

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The last 8 playoff losses have been by 1 goal.

5 of those losses were in OT (and one was a 1-0 loss that was seconds away from OT)

Can you really say Rod is the issue with that stat? Or is it the players not executing when needed? Or simply the fact that hockey is often a game of inches and bounces and we’re pretty unlucky in that regard?

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The last 8 playoff losses have been by 1 goal.

5 of those losses were in OT (and one was a 1-0 loss that was seconds away from OT)

Can you really say Rod is the issue with that stat? Or is it the players not executing when needed? Or simply the fact that hockey is often a game of inches and bounces and we’re pretty unlucky in that regard?
He blew up the line that was working based on his assumption that we couldn't beat the Isles as is.

Season long, he's tinkered with the lines such that I don't think most had a fair chance of developing the kind of chemistry that comes naturally but instead is stressful and full of pressure to excel. It reeks of panic at times, to me.

While I can appreciate the stats everyone is promoting, it is the Ws that mean more to me.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He blew up the line that was working based on his assumption that we couldn't beat the Isles as is.

Season long, he's tinkered with the lines such that I don't think most had a fair chance of developing the kind of chemistry that comes naturally but instead is stressful and full or pressure.

While I can appreciate the stats, it is the Ws that mean more to me.

“Blew up” is an exaggeration. The JAG line struggled in Game 1, but Svech was playing like he was eager to get back in he playoffs after missing last year. So he did a very logical thing and took the guy that was playing well and put him on a line that struggled. And it worked. All 3 of those players have produced. And he moved Jarvis to a line that he had already had success with as well this season.

Reactions: Buenos Necas

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
“Blew up” is an exaggeration. The JAG line struggled in Game 1, but Svech was playing like he was eager to get back in he playoffs after missing last year. So he did a very logical thing and took the guy that was playing well and put him on a line that struggled. And it worked. All 3 of those players have produced. And he moved Jarvis to a line that he had already had success with as well this season.
Sorry, but as much as I love Svechy's obvious drive and effort, I feel like he (RBA) neutered the line. Who changes what's winning and successful at such a critical juncture? Jarvis was sent to purgatory.

If you read outside of our inner circle, most criticize our team for being "basic" or even "archaic" with no element of surprise or innovation and attribute the success to hard work effort in the regular season. Results show it may not be a long game, cup winning strategy and it comes from the top down.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The PK in series losses

2019: 8 for 15
2020: 14 for 19 (1 SHGF)
2021: 9 for 16
2022: 14 for 21 (2 SHGF)
2023: 10 for 14
2024 (thus far): 9 for 13

68.4% net. I appreciate Pesce and Fast, but they were healthy for a lot of that.

EDIT: Put together, that’s a -20 goal differential on special teams over a 28 game sample.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Sorry, but as much as I love Svechy's obvious drive and effort, I feel like he (RBA) neutered the line. Who changes what's winning and successful at such a critical juncture? Jarvis was sent to purgatory.

If you read outside of our inner circle, most criticize our team for being "basic" or even "archaic" with no element of surprise or innovation and attribute the success to hard work effort in the regular season. Results show it may not be a long game, cup winning strategy and it comes from the top down.

He neutered the line that has 25 points combined in the 8 games played?

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
As a Vegas fan I think I have identified the issue... you've confused the hockey round with the golf round... man we do it so often :laugh:

Alright Carolina if you are hitting one of these around, you want the lower number on the scorecard

SOFT-FEEL_Soft-White_5.jpg

If you are hitting one of these around, you want to have the bigger number.... bigger

61-+rdra0bL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Keep that in mind and the next 4 games are in the bag.... hopefully not golf bag.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I do agree some of this is on RBA. But he gets us here.

It's predictable and whatever at this point.

I just want them to get swept for 2 reasons. Another wakeup call that will be ignored and so we don't get humilated at MSG.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I slept on my hot taeks and I still maintain this team is a disappointment and if that takes me out of winning any Most Level Headed Poster™ awards, so be it. Guess I can’t get the job done, just like the Canes
If someone can photoshop a Canes Jerseys on them I've found an even more level headed person to try take that award....

strange-man-with-a-big-flat-head-over-blue-F60NN7.jpg

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Ownership is happy making money with our very forgiving fanbase. In some ways, it makes the coach even more valuable due to the loyalty effect. He's, in a way, a very effective marketing asset regardless of the results. Sorry, I am a bit of a cynic on this front.

Why do you think they curate parasocial attachment so much in their social?
Flashbacks to another beloved coach with these issues.

Reactions: DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
He neutered the line that has 25 points combined in the 8 games played?

Yes. He neutered a line that combined for 61pts in the last 15 games of the season.

Still dumbfounding to me that line “struggled” for 2 periods to start the playoffs and we haven’t seen it again. Mistake.

Svech can be utilized on another line to get our bottom 3 lines going.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
and 3 losses and facing a sweep once again.

As we discussed in another thread, I fear he passes on his uncertainty and panic to the team come playoff time.

Yes, because if there’s one thing that we can safely say about Brindamour, it’s that he’s prone to uncertainty and panic. One of his defining traits, for sure.

Yes. He neutered a line that combined for 61pts in the last 15 games of the season.

Still dumbfounding to me that line “struggled” for 2 periods to start the playoffs and we haven’t seen it again. Mistake.

Svech can be utilized on another line to get our bottom 3 lines going.

Svech and Jake are a PPG and Aho over a PPG in the playoffs, but that’s the line you choose to complain about? Dear Lord…

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
In fairness to rod Tro never played like he was better than staal or aho. He didn’t earn 2nd line 5v5 minutes while here.

Edit: he was typically a detriment in the playoffs too. Even the year he scored, he was taking dumb penalties or making boneheaded plays that ended in the back of the net.
So you would say that having a different coach, made him a better player?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

He'll blow up a line of forwards that has a bad game but you'll have to land a guy on Mars before he will dare touch one of the defensive pairs or the guys who plays with Jordo.

It's the same damn thing every year. No offensive chemistry in the playoffs in series where we can't buy a goal. This year the excuse of not having a shooter doesn't work because we bought 2 at the deadline. For one of them he messed with the line chemistry immediately in the playoffs, giving one of the wingers to his teacher's pet in Jordo and the other he refuses to play.

I'm tired of the excuses. I don't care that every game we play has been close. We are about to get swept out of the playoffs again for the 2nd year in a row, and for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 6 years. It's a coaching problem that this keeps happening.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Svech and Jake are a PPG and Aho over a PPG in the playoffs, but that’s the line you choose to complain about? Dear Lord…
No. I’m saying we have an even better first line than what we have now, which is crazy to think about. Plus it lets us move Svech onto the 2nd line which may spark some goals into our bottom 9.

Also 110 pts pace for GAJ > the current PPG pace we’re seeing now from the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad