Proposal: #BringBackBob

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Homer righted a wrong by bringing Gagne back.

Time for him to fix a mistake and get Bob back.

Columbus needs a scoring forward and we are overloaded at C.

I'd give them Read straight up for Bob.

Brutal

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
i love bob but in his entire time here the was no evidence he has ever gotten better at taking high shots, it just seems like he will never adjust

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Worst trade proposal of the year!

Bob has been as inconsistent as Bryz this season. He's not the answer and the whole league knows how beat him.

If Ben Bishop could be had for picks, maybe even Read for Bishop straight up, I'd seriously consider it. Holtby is another candidate...or Neuvirth - whom of the two the Caps would rather part with if the price is right.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Read is a no name that surprised big his first year.

Just like Bob.

Curious on what hes done to be put on the do not trade list...or why his value is so much more than Bobs.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Worst trade proposal of the year!

Bob has been as inconsistent as Bryz this season. He's not the answer and the whole league knows how beat him.

If Ben Bishop could be had for picks, maybe even Read for Bishop straight up, I'd seriously consider it. Holtby is another candidate...or Neuvirth - whom of the two the Caps would rather part with if the price is right.

Excessive passing from me.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Read is a no name that surprised big his first year.

Just like Bob.

Curious on what hes done to be put on the do not trade list...or why his value is so much more than Bobs.

He scored 24 goals as a rookie and has scored on a 30 goal pace this year. The dismissal of Read's production based on his age by some around here is nothing short of bizarre.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
With both goalies needing new deals, Mason is the more likely candidate to be moved. Bob has looked decent in games I've watched and I feel he's still a little ways off from being an NHL starter(thanks to the flyers lack of development for him). If we are offering Read I'd want Mason and one of those firsts(condition being the lowest one OR it becomes a second if we win the cup. Something along those lines). Read>>>>>Mason in value today. Mason could very well spark in a new enviroment (Philly might not be the best one lol) so it could be worth it. Read is a solid scoring winger something Columbus lacks (Atkinson, Calvert, kubalik all unproven) and mason could be a better back up/starter down the road that we need.

SgtJoseph*

Bob is in a great situation in Columbus and has looked pretty darn good of late for sure. But i will pass on that trade. Bob is playing for a franchise where the club is a underdog on most nights, and thats a great situation for Bob in my view. He is developing along nicely there and i am happy for him.Read is a fine player and hopefully he is not going anywhere !

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Bob is in a great situation in Columbus and has looked pretty darn good of late for sure. But i will pass on that trade. Bob is playing for a franchise where the club is a underdog on most nights, and thats a great situation for Bob in my view. He is developing along nicely there and i am happy for him.Read is a fine player and hopefully he is not going anywhere !

Bob is their future as of now. With that defense and defensive prospects he should thrive in a year or two.

2Claude2Giroux

Oct 2, 2009
Lansdowne
I knew the Flyers organization was obsessed with bringing back un-needed pieces from the past.

Didn't think the fans were starting to feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad