Confirmed with Link: Brett Connolly suspension 4 games

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Connelly looked like he thought Kero was receiving the pass from Radulov who was exiting the corner with the puck and tried to time that out. He OBVIOUSLY failed at the read as Radulov was going to ice it. Like I said, it was a reckless hit based on what I think was BC making a bad read.

Just goes to show you how poorly he thinks the game at the NHL level now. He's done.

Reactions: Openly Reggae

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Do you ever have anything positive to add to this forum?
The pass was going in Kero's direction, Connolly made a mistake and he will pay for it.
I look at as a guy who is trying very hard to stay in this league and thinking that adding some physicality to his game might help to accomplish that. His reaction made it obvious that he knew immediately that he had gone over the line... and his concern for Kero was genuine. Time to move on.

I have told you many times, when this team starts giving us something to be possitive about ill be positive, until then negative begets negative. Not rocket science mate…

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have told you many times, when this team starts giving us something to be possitive about ill be positive, until then negative begets negative. Not rocket science mate…
Which is fine but when you still talk only negative after a hard-earned win it is time to re-evaluate whether you're a real fan or not.
I have been a critic of Stan and Q as well as Kane when he doesn't give a shit most of the time... but a win is a win, no matter how ugly.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Which is fine but when you still talk only negative after a hard-earned win it is time to re-evaluate whether you're a real fan or not.
I have been a critic of Stan and Q as well as Kane when he doesn't give a shit most of the time... but a win is a win, no matter how ugly.

When did they win? It’s a 2 game losing streak last I checked, what is there to be excited about they have been 0.500 last 10 games? When they get in the playoff race I’ll be positive trust me. They need a 10 game winning streak, when we get 3-5 games in a row I will be happy.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Connelly looked like he thought Kero was receiving the pass from Radulov who was exiting the corner with the puck and tried to time that out. He OBVIOUSLY failed at the read as Radulov was going to ice it. Like I said, it was a reckless hit based on what I think was BC making a bad read.

Then Kero also made the same bad read as he was looking back toward Radulov. Why? to try and pick up a pass right?

It was Kero trying to receive the puck, Connelly trying to nail him when he does and it turned into an unfortunate situation.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Then Kero also made the same bad read as he was looking back toward Radulov. Why? to try and pick up a pass right?

It was Kero trying to receive the puck, Connelly trying to nail him when he does and it turned into an unfortunate situation.

Yes he did but I am not going to blame him as the pass did not come. Make sense?

I for sure think there was no intent to injure or anything like that.

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Sure, it happens fast but I disagree.

If you watch the play it's clear as day that the Dallas player was clearing the puck high off the wall a stride or two before Kero even gets hit. If it's not okay to turn your head on a clear away from the puck then everyone is fair game.

uLayZ5ih.jpg

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

he thought he might get a pass, he didn’t. Everyone in hockey better know if they’re ever looking at the puck they are fair game to get hit

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When did they win? It’s a 2 game losing streak last I checked, what is there to be excited about they have been 0.500 last 10 games? When they get in the playoff race I’ll be positive trust me. They need a 10 game winning streak, when we get 3-5 games in a row I will be happy.
Guess you forgot about this exchange:
I am so sick of seeing 3 or 4 guys producing all the offence for this team it’s pathetic
Hawks win! .... and last I looked Entwhistle, Kurashev and Caleb scored in this game.
Hawks are 6-0 in extra time since King took over. Quit looking for things to complain about.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Guess you forgot about this exchange:
I am so sick of seeing 3 or 4 guys producing all the offence for this team it’s pathetic
Hawks win! .... and last I looked Entwhistle, Kurashev and Caleb scored in this game.
Hawks are 6-0 in extra time since King took over. Quit looking for things to complain about.
I didn’t forget about the exchange, I am telling you once this team wins a few in a row and we are remotely close to playoffs I’ll be happy, when there is a win here and a win there by the skin of their balls I am not impressed. You can be impressed tho if you want.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Appropriate amount of games....Connelly is not really known for that kind of physicality....was probably trying to show that side of his game to stay in the bigs and got overzealous.....poor judgement though.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I didn’t forget about the exchange, I am telling you once this team wins a few in a row and we are remotely close to playoffs I’ll be happy, when there is a win here and a win there by the skin of their balls I am not impressed. You can be impressed tho if you want.
If you're expecting that kind of success this season it is unlikely to happen. Team' gotta learn to walk before they can run.... but when I see some improvement, even for one game, I try to look for positives. You do the opposite and look for negatives regardless of any progress the team makes. In the exchange above Hawks beat a pretty solid Caps team for the 2nd time this season. That's a positive.

I agree wholeheartedly about the damage that Stan has inflicted. I've been calling for his dismissal long before they fired Q... but he's gone, finally. It's time to look to the future which as I said, success is not going to happen overnight. To start, hopefully, Hawks brass will look long and hard about replacing the acting GM and coach.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Sure, it happens fast but I disagree.

If you watch the play it's clear as day that the Dallas player was clearing the puck high off the wall a stride or two before Kero even gets hit. If it's not okay to turn your head on a clear away from the puck then everyone is fair game.

uLayZ5ih.jpg
In this photo, the puck is just below the "t" in the board ad. Radulov's hands are turned over-not indicative of trying to chip it off the glass. Kero and Connolly are both seeing this at the same time and then WHAM. Unfortunate hockey play IMO.

Suspend him because of the result of the play which is fine by me but definitely not an intent to injure on 20's part.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If you don't posses the puck you are not fair game. Ever. Period.

Untrue.

Maybe by the rule book but the game flows much faster than a sheet of paper.

Plenty of plays where guys get hit w/o the puck, just this one went off the rails.

That's why players move after dishing the puck, to avoid that hit that they know is coming.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Untrue.

Plenty of plays where guys get hit w/o the puck, just this one went off the rails.

That's why players move after dishing the puck, to avoid that hit that they know is coming.
And those that don't, sometimes get smoked while admiring their pass.
I think some Hawks fans have seen this team play soft hockey for so many years that they have forgotten just how physical the NHL (still) is, especially in the post-season.

Last edited:

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Untrue.

Are you really comparing what happened on the Connolly play (the topic of the thread) to plays where guys get tagged a split second or so after dishing the puck? Or are you just trying to be argumentative?

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Are you really comparing what happened on the Connolly play (the topic of the thread) to plays where guys get tagged a split second or so after dishing the puck? Or are you just trying to be argumentative?
No, he's trying to point out that the game happens fast. It is too easy to sit in your living room and condemn a player for making a mistake. And if that clearing pass had come to Kero he was in no-mans land looking backwards while skating forwards. Connolly had him lined up and Kero should have been more aware of how vulnerable he was. If the puck had even gone into his skates these conversations would be different. I'm not saying it wasn't a bad hit. It was and Connolly is paying the price but hopefully he and Kero both learned a lesson.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
No, he's trying to point out that the game happens fast. It is too easy to sit in your living room and condemn a player for making a mistake. And if that clearing pass had come to Kero he was in no-mans land looking backwards while skating forwards. Connolly had him lined up and Kero should have been more aware of how vulnerable he was. If the puck had even gone into his skates these conversations would be different. I'm not saying it wasn't a bad hit. It was and Connolly is paying the price but hopefully he and Kero both learned a lesson.
Let's be clear on one thing: Tanner Kero did absolutely nothing wrong here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad