Value of: Brent Burns

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
We are only three points out from a playoff spot...not that I hope we pivot into buyers.

Yeah it would be a hockey trade more than anything. Interdivision trades don't bother me if it fits. Needing youth kind of kills it though, we need more too.
thing that is shitty is that you have karlsson for another 5 [email protected] after this yr so i mean its hard to do a rebuild, but if i was the sharks and this is coming from an oilers fan is id trade hertl, burns, and who ever is going to get you 1sts for the next 2 draft years (23 and 24) because you get lucky and hit that #1 after someone pulls a montreal canadiens then just dives then id be certain that then you could do a quick rebuild and turn it around fast. Also with trading hertl you can resign him in the offseason im sure theres plenty of contenders that would be happy to have him on the team for a run.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
It’s going to be hard to find a team that has cap for Burns that’s in a decent spot and needing a player like Burns.

His offense is still great. I’ve never thought he was particularly good on the other end and he is aging with term.

I don’t think by any means he’s a dump. But I don’t think there’s a realistic trade out there unless someone really goes out on a ledge to acquire him

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
In the past few years he's been getting the hardest defensive minutes. He hasn't done horribly, but he hasn't excelled. It's definitely hurt the offense...when Karlsson be out he was ppg for a while...

Reactions: Gecklund

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Frankly, I'd be happy if we got a 7th for Burns, straight up. He's a lazy defenseman who doesn't play physically, doesn't skate like he should, has horrible defensive instincts, and generates more offense going the wrong way.

However, I don't think the league sees him that way, and I'm sure we could get something of real value for him. A 1st is almost certainly out of the question (maybe if we send a 3rd the other way and take a bad contract, we could finagle a very late 1st). I'd shoot for a 2nd from a team seeking the playoffs and take a bad contract, maybe retain a little bit. Burns can still generate some offense, and maybe you can shelter him if you have some actually good defensemen (the Sharks have no one who is legitimately good at defense).

Could be a fit for the Sabres.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Frankly, I'd be happy if we got a 7th for Burns, straight up. He's a lazy defenseman who doesn't play physically, doesn't skate like he should, has horrible defensive instincts, and generates more offense going the wrong way.

However, I don't think the league sees him that way, and I'm sure we could get something of real value for him. A 1st is almost certainly out of the question (maybe if we send a 3rd the other way and take a bad contract, we could finagle a very late 1st). I'd shoot for a 2nd from a team seeking the playoffs and take a bad contract, maybe retain a little bit. Burns can still generate some offense, and maybe you can shelter him if you have some actually good defensemen (the Sharks have no one who is legitimately good at defense).

Unless they retain heavily on Burns that term makes it really challenging for contenders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad