Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Really? Just watched it again and looks super clean to me. Suicide pass to Kopitar and Folin decided to step up on him.

Point though is that there was an immediate response. This season, we have Kopitar into the turnbuckle and we are applauding Kempe going over to Krug with some harsh words and some stick work. AA fought him, which was great, but I'd like an immediate response: penalties be damned.
You need to see it up and real close. It wasn't posted on utube. Yes, your point is correct though.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
When does Pepe clear protocol and can play? (sorry if posted, been traveling and phone / wifi user hostile atm)

Last edited:

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I see, no worries. I do kinda get jealous when I see guys like McDavid playing with a lot more of an edge than Kopitar. Kopitar is a big dude, and he's not as talented. Just sucks that he's the captain when with that frame and size, he can bring a lot more to this team if he had that important dimension to him and unsurprisingly the dimension is missing from him and the team. Cant put the fight in the dog.
I don’t think it’s Kopitar as Captain that is the issue with setting the tone but more the leadership of the ‘Captains’ as a three. One of the letters needs inspirational in your face grit, not necessarily the Captain (for the record Kopi isn’t my choice either) but they need someone setting that example. For me Carter doesn’t do enough on ice to warrant an ‘A’, whatever leadership he brings behind the scenes is all well and good but on-ice he inspires little. From the current roster I’d give Brown a letter once again (over Carter), even though he’s not the player he once was and I’m fine with this new version of Doughty keeping a letter. That’s the best we have right now.

There isn’t anyone else and it’s a hole in the system as a whole. Turcotte is the one in the system that has a bit of energy and spark that can provide that gritty leadership when he’s ready, but even he is only (maybe) Mike Richards lite. It is however an element they can bring into the team via trade at some point and it doesn’t need to be a star, but someone that commands instant respect from his teammates that can take a letter instantly. I completely agree that it is something that will need addressing as Lemieux (or any single agitator) alone isn’t enough

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Honestly you bring up something that’s maybe key to all of this and that’s the ‘possession’ Kings were the ones racking up the hits. So maybe the shots didn’t bother me as much then because even if we weren’t dirty other teams were paying for every inch of ice. The idea of the power play as enforcer was faulty because we couldn’t score for shit but at the same time it arose because teams got frustrated with getting smoked by big Kings all game.

Now, we’re getting the shit kicked out of us and it’s STILL happening. I’ve changed my stance after that Stephenson hit. If a f***ing cream puff like that can smoke a good kid like Toby and have nothing happen, I WANT instigators. I want to be as gritty as f***ing possible at this point. Protect the kids at all costs, show them you’re going to stick up for them, W/Ls don’t matter this year imo as much as creating an environment over this year and next of a culture that’s going to have to grow with Turcotte, Byfield, and the rest of the kids. You have to start setting the tone now—and the tone so far this year is lose, get kicked in, don’t respond to dirty play at all. It’s time for some criminals. Need to be the cliche ‘harder to play against.’

Easy to say W/L's don't matter when the leadership group on the team are 33, 31, 36, 35 and 36 and realistically know this could be their last season playing together and thus last chance at another playoff run. We fans may be looking to the future, I can guarantee none of those guys are. They didn't have anyone in the lineup who is that type of player and even if they did, is say a Brendan Lemieux going to risk taking a penalty which could potentially cost the Kings their biggest win of the year and having to answer to those guys? I wouldn't count on it. If they were 10 points into a playoff spot or 10 points out things are different.

Plus, they play Vegas a couple of more times, they will get him back in those games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Easy to say W/L's don't matter when the leadership group on the team are 33, 31, 36, 35 and 36 and realistically know this could be their last season playing together and thus last chance at another playoff run. We fans may be looking to the future, I can guarantee none of those guys are. They didn't have anyone in the lineup who is that type of player and even if they did, is say a Brendan Lemieux going to risk taking a penalty which could potentially cost the Kings their biggest win of the year and having to answer to those guys? I wouldn't count on it. If they were 10 points into a playoff spot or 10 points out things are different.

Plus, they play Vegas a couple of more times, they will get him back in those games.

They sure didn't get Fiala back when they played Minnesota after the Roy hit.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I don’t think it’s Kopitar as Captain that is the issue with setting the tone but more the leadership of the ‘Captains’ as a three. One of the letters needs inspirational in your face grit, not necessarily the Captain (for the record Kopi isn’t my choice either) but they need someone setting that example. For me Carter doesn’t do enough on ice to warrant an ‘A’, whatever leadership he brings behind the scenes is all well and good but on-ice he inspires little. From the current roster I’d give Brown a letter once again (over Carter), even though he’s not the player he once was and I’m fine with this new version of Doughty keeping a letter. That’s the best we have right now.

There isn’t anyone else and it’s a hole in the system as a whole. Turcotte is the one in the system that has a bit of energy and spark that can provide that gritty leadership when he’s ready, but even he is only (maybe) Mike Richards lite. It is however an element they can bring into the team via trade at some point and it doesn’t need to be a star, but someone that commands instant respect from his teammates that can take a letter instantly. I completely agree that it is something that will need addressing as Lemieux (or any single agitator) alone isn’t enough

It's hard to find players like Richards and Deadmarsh anymore. I feel like it's not so much our roster is lacking those players, but the NHL lacking those players. I definitely miss the days of players with character who played with emotion. Don't see much of that anymore from any teams. I do see some dirty and rough plays, but that is not the same as playing the style Richards, Deadmarsh, Greene et al. played.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's hard to find players like Richards and Deadmarsh anymore. I feel like it's not so much our roster is lacking those players, but the NHL lacking those players. I definitely miss the days of players with character who played with emotion. Don't see much of that anymore from any teams. I do see some dirty and rough plays, but that is not the same as playing the style Richards, Deadmarsh, Greene et al. played.

The 2014 team was the ultimate collection of those players and the last of it you will ever see. There really aren't many Willie Mitchells, Jarret Stolls around, period.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Edited:

Think the Kings will be looking for more sandpaper by April 12th?

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Don’t worry boys. Blakey knows a thing or two about what it looks like when the highly paid vets aren’t interested in sticking up for teammates on the ice. Carter is a big dude, he should focus on fighting majors over anything puck related from here on out if he wants to earn his salary.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Don’t worry boys. Blakey knows a thing or two about what it looks like when the highly paid vets aren’t interested in sticking up for teammates on the ice. Carter is a big dude, he should focus on fighting majors over anything puck related from here on out if he wants to earn his salary.
Yeah that worked out real well for him when he did that in the past.

Reactions: apadilla

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, as a Ranger's fan I cant say how much further from the truth this is.

He's tough as shit and is definitely not a "dirty" player. Definitely a bit of a pest but not overboard.

Congrats to you guys, this trade makes no sense for the Rangers. He will fill it very nicely in your bottom 6.

Sooo..was I right? Are you guys enjoying him yet? ;)

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
It feels like the refs are actively going out of their way to not call any penalties he draws. Guys can punch him in the face and crosscheck him violently in front of the net, but he doesn't get the call. Yeah, I know, "Refs are doing us a favor by not giving us a PP, yada yada". You just know that if he retaliates, then he's going to the box. Almost seems like he's getting neutered.

Reactions: RaymondReddington

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
It feels like the refs are actively going out of their way to not call any penalties he draws. Guys can punch him in the face and crosscheck him violently in front of the net, but he doesn't get the call. Yeah, I know, "Refs are doing us a favor by not giving us a PP, yada yada". You just know that if he retaliates, then he's going to the box. Almost seems like he's getting [/ QUOTE]
Yeah like how the refs made him take the face off last night. Lol

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth if they weren't actively allowing hathaway and wilson to get away with the same stuff all night

that uncalled crosscheck to lemieux's ribs from wilson after the whistle was just ridiculous

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The ref forcing him to take the faceoff was actually complete horseshit and should be reviewed. I've never seen that in 30 years of watching hockey. I've seen them send guys to the other wing or in extreme cases to the bench or coincidental penalties, but I've never seen a ref more unprofessional than to say "I don't like how you're acting so we're going to punish your whole team by making you take the faceoff." It showed the complete bias he had the rest of the game, with his whistle in his mouth in lemieux's face daring him to do anything the rest of the night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad