BREAKING NEWS, REFS SUCK! oil lose 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
tMh0oid.gif

That call
tumblr_inline_njxs5ibUKX1s593zh.jpg

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
How is everyone missing the point?

Speaking outwardly does absolutely nothing but solidify the ref's unchallenged accountability. How so? The fines we speak of are unwavering.

Now, if the coaches were to ask for more accountability and for a system that better set up refs for punishment based on their performances? Then yes! Do it, please!

But in this system, standing up for yourself only strengthens the position of the refs on their pedestal.

"They were bad."
"Here's a 10k fine, sit down and shut up. Any more takers?"

That's how this NHL works. Challenge the right way, that's what I'm saying.

Challenge it, bring light to it and most importantly get your fans on your side. Oilers fans are looking for an enemy (that isn't their own team), give them one. If tomorrow Katz comes out and says the reffing the Oilers have received this year has been unacceptable I think most Oilers fans would agree. Lord help the next ref that screws the pooch.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I believe Ref #56 was the same ref Nurse hit with the puck with 8 seconds left in the 1st. Not kidding.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Is this clear enough for you?

Your point sucks. We've been getting jobbed, $10K is a drop in the bucket for the 2nd highest paid NHL coach. It'd be like paying $150-$200 if you make $40K a year to tell someone you really can't stand to **** right off and embarrass them in front of their bosses. They won't get any worse because if they do then it will be so obvious that Katz could likely take some sort of action.

I'm glad that you think that McLellan can just change the entire way that officials are graded, I'm sure that the ref union would abide by the rules that he sets forth :laugh:

Is that clear enough for you?

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Your point sucks. We've been getting jobbed, $10K is a drop in the bucket for the 2nd highest paid NHL coach. It'd be like paying $150-$200 if you make $40K a year to tell someone you really can't stand to **** right off and embarrass them in front of their bosses. They won't get any worse because if they do then it will be so obvious that Katz could likely take some sort of action.

I'm glad that you think that McLellan can just change the entire way that officials are graded, I'm sure that the ref union would abide by the rules that he sets forth :laugh:

the boys will chip in to get any fine back for him. guaranteed

they need a guy to shout it and stand behind them. not some *****

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Maroon stole the puck after the game because Anaheim has a traditional of keeping pucks or something and he wanted to get under their skin

Getzlaf asked for it after Maroon wouldn't give it to that player in the full face mask. Maroon wouldn't give it to Getzlaf either and threw it in the garbage. NICE!

i was already a fan of maroon, but i might be have a man-crush on him right now.... if this story is true, and its the reason he picked the puck up, well, i'm a maroon fan for life

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

Nah, he's right that spouting off won't do anything, if anything the refs will just let more calls go. That's what's stupid about the current system.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Yeah, you still don't get it.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
i was already a fan of maroon, but i might be have a man-crush on him right now.... if this story is true, and its the reason he picked the puck up, well, i'm a maroon fan for life

I paraphrased it from an interview on the post game strudwick radio show.

it was straight from the horse's mouth, as they say :D

EDIT: i guess Maroon could be BSing

Oct 30, 2011
A very winnable game.

Had we just scored on one PP, it would be a different game.

I don't even care about the refs anymore. They are just a part of the game. We need to win despite them.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
the boys will chip in to get any fine back for him. guaranteed

they need a guy to shout it and stand behind them. not some *****

Yup, remember Eakins standing there like a ***** when Tortorella blasted him in his first game? We don't need someone like that, we need someone willing to go to bat for his team.

Nah, he's right that spouting off won't do anything, if anything the refs will just let more calls go. That's what's stupid about the current system.

Good luck with that, let them and then build a case and have Nicholson or Chi deal with it.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Worst reffed game ever .... when is the next game?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Challenge it, bring light to it and most importantly get your fans on your side. Oilers fans are looking for an enemy (that isn't their own team), give them one. If tomorrow Katz comes out and says the reffing the Oilers have received this year has been unacceptable I think most Oilers fans would agree. Lord help the next ref that screws the pooch.

This is a good point. Create that bond with the fans, but with our current system, you'll see an even worse showing by the zeebs without consequence in the future.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nothing has been said all year they can't screw the Oilers worse then they already have, reason why they continue to do so. They don't care so see ya at the next screw job because it will be next game against Flames book it. Better yet direct it at the Refs and Bettman comply a video and ask how is this acceptable.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Nothing has been said all year they can't screw the Oilers worse then they already have, reason why they continue to do so. They don't care so see ya at the next screw job because it will be next game against Flames book it. Better yet direct it at the Refs and Bettman comply a video and ask how is this acceptable.

Flames have been screwed too but Edmonton AND Winnipeg and Ottawa and Montreal and Toronto...i mean WOW. Teams i HATE but i will readily admit this is not just an anti-oilers thing. This is a Canada always buys our goods whther we drop our pants and **** in their faces or not.

and most canadians will keep feeding those that **** on their face. pathetic.

this product is a mockery im not willing to give money to anymore. stopped earlier this year when consistently bad officiating was obvious game after game. its gotten more obvious, the ********* audacity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad