Brayden Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SaskaToba

Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Man, I will have the ultimate respect for Brayden Schenn's character if he can go back to Brandon without missing a beat and light it up. He's been in LA since September, the most glamorous city in NA. Nicest restaurants, weather, shopping, girls and now he has to go back to small-town, snowy BF Brandon. Remember, he's only 19. Sure you can say he's a hockey player he should deal with it, but it's hard from any level to imagine the transition of being demoted again.

It would be really hard mentally to not have a gigantic comedown. Not to mention the paycheques he was receiving while he was up there and now hes back to getting $500 a week. Even now, he's going to be going to the World Juniors now in one of the most frenetic and frenzied atmospheres being in the spotlight of an entire nation who is obsessed with the tourney. Brandon is honestly going to be a ****hole and it's going to be hard for him not to spin his wheels knowing what's in store for him next year (a spot on the Kings). The Wheaties are not doing good by any means (second last in their division), so it's going to be a lot harder than many expect for him to just go back and put up 80 pts in 35 games or something.

In a similar scenario, I'm sure it wasn't exactly thrilling going back to the OHL these last two years wasn't exactly the best thing for Pietrangelo's development either, and he didn't exactly light the world on fire there either. Pietro is now progressing at a great rate because he's up with the big club and learning more about the pro game every day. These are perfect examples of why the NHL, CHL and AHL should come to an agreement of releasing specifically tagged players to play in the AHL at 19.

:laugh: You must live in Brandon, no one hates that place as much as the people that live there! But I think Schenn is pretty used to the weather since he grew up in Saskatoon then Brandon. -40 no bid deal

Schenn will be fine in Brandon, they have a strong offensive core but their back end is extremely young. They have a good young goaltender and Scott Glennie is in need of Brayden Schenn, he hasn't adjusted as well at center as McCrimmon hoped. Main reason why he wasn't on the WJC selection camp roster.

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
the age limit is there to protect the CHL

if they had all the young studs from the CHL joining the AHL then the CHL would sink like a rock

I don't think it would be quite that drastic. The level would certainly drop down a notch, but some decent players would find their way into spots.

The AHL is great because it prepares prospects for the transition from junior hockey against boys, to pro hockey against men, albeit at a level that is a step slower and less skilled. A player like Schenn has already played 3 years in the WHL, his development would be better if he got to play in the AHL this year instead of having to go back and play against junior players.

I'd like to see it changed where if a player has 3 years of CHL experience, they can play in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad