jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
TB needs Yzerman back ;)

I'm getting tired of all these RFAs though, this is getting crazy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow Pierre! It's almost as if JBB has made his final offer and the Point camp is declining it hoping for something else. Brilliant reporting dude!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Are people confused with what insiders do? If they dont have something concrete they rarely if ever actually use definitive terms. "He said my sense so its obviously all not truuuue". Okay.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
For all the flack Marner is getting and all the talk of "Marner wants same/better than Matthews" and what his teammates might feel about that - I feel as though Point could be even more troubling in terms of teammate impact.

All of Stamkos, Kuch and Hedman took "team-friendly" deals, relatively speaking. Still lots of money - but less than they probably get on the open market. If Point is insisting on absolute top-end $$ in comparison - and especially if he ends up sitting and missing a lot of the season - I wonder if some of his teammates may end up resenting that.
I guess that depends on what he's asking for. If he's asking for 9 and they want him to take a discount off that, then I can see why Point might not want to do that. If he's asking to be paid higher than Kucherov and won't take a discount, I agree.

I also think some of these RFA's are waiting to see what happens and if 4/5 year deals are going to be handed out to others, making them UFA's earlier.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Are people confused with what insiders do? If they dont have something concrete they rarely if ever actually use definitive terms. "He said my sense so its obviously all not truuuue". Okay.
I think people are aware but its still annoying. The worst was during the EK saga. Nobody had a god damn clue.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think people are aware but its still annoying. The worst was during the EK saga. Nobody had a god damn clue.
The annoying part to me is people taking clear speculation and acting like its fact. That's not on the insider that's on the people consuming the information. The 31 thoughts is by far the worst culprit of this. Friedmans thoughts constantly get taken for information.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
gotta wonder what the bolts are offering. my bet is a stamkos deal. 8.5 mil x 6-8

how does he take that if marner ends up with 10.5-11 x 6

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Yeah you've got to figure one Tampa's guys will want a market value contract at some point.

I say this and probably signs for like 8.5 x8 tomorrow

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Lebrun is legit when it comes to TB. So this is more worrisome than if it had come from anybody else.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah, heaven forbid that he only gets $60 million over a contract. How would he even survive?

Mike Conley gets 30.5 mil/season and has never even been an all-star

kinda puts things into perspective when elite guys in the NHL have to fight for 10-11

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah you've got to figure one Tampa's guys will want a market value contract at some point.

I say this and probably signs for like 8.5 x8 tomorrow

if he was willing to do that he would have signed already. I dont think he takes less than 9.5 and I don't think he takes more than 6 years.

If point says 9.5 x 6 and I'll sign, are Tampa really gonna say no and let a 40+g/90+pt C sit out?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is getting crazy, I thought he would have been the easiest RFA to get a deal done.

not really surprised. they have 8.4 space with a 22man roster. they are probably offering point 8-8.5 long term

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wow Pierre! It's almost as if JBB has made his final offer and the Point camp is declining it hoping for something else. Brilliant reporting dude!

? He's saying there's little progress. If you're not a little worried about that now that we're in our second day of training camp, I don't know what to tell you. Last thing we need is a Nylander situation where our most versatile, and arguably best, center is running at 80% come playoff time.

We should at least be in "common ground" territory by now. It sounds like they're not even talking.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
if he was willing to do that he would have signed already. I dont think he takes less than 9.5 and I don't think he takes more than 6 years.

If point says 9.5 x 6 and I'll sign, are Tampa really gonna say no and let a 40+g/90+pt C sit out?

We really might. And that scares me a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad