Brashear gets the worst of it against the Bruise Brothers in the 1990s.

Bench Clearer

Aug 10, 2023
Brash won nearly every fight from the fall of 1996 right up until Belak KO'd him in 09. He had a habit of making himself look like a complete disgrace from time to time though, like his turtling acts against Domi and Parker, taking a clear dive against McGrattan, and his final fight against Kocur posted above. It's clear that even though Kocur was over the hill and in his final season, Brash was still terrified of taking that last punch from him.

Also, even though he's easily top 10 all time (and I'd argue top 5), Brash had the dumbest looking pre-fight routine in the history of the game. Always looked like he was break dancing or something.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Brash won nearly every fight from the fall of 1996 right up until Belak KO'd him in 09. He had a habit of making himself look like a complete disgrace from time to time though, like his turtling acts against Domi and Parker, taking a clear dive against McGrattan, and his final fight against Kocur posted above. It's clear that even though Kocur was over the hill and in his final season, Brash was still terrified of taking that last punch from him.

Also, even though he's easily top 10 all time (and I'd argue top 5), Brash had the dumbest looking pre-fight routine in the history of the game. Always looked like he was break dancing or something.
Always hated him for the dive against McGrattan, and then ducking McGrattan for Neil.

Agree he's top 10 even though I hate him.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

There should be an asterisk there. Between ~96 and Belak he won or tied every fight with the reason being when he was up against better fighters he hugged for a tie.

Good fighter but I doubt I'd have him in my top-10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad